[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

S

SpellingSword

Does anyone know what was the reward for "meddling with nodes" before it got updated?

rjwboys

Jul 29, 2019
I think its because my account got hacked a few days ago and that the new 'owner' changed my nickname. Are quest tied to the nickname?
each account has its own uuid with minecraft if the nickname gets changed the uuid should stay the same, not sure if HQM uses uuid or not though

edit: it does

edit:
https://namemc.com/ will show you your uuid and all the nicks it has had

Last edited:
Reactions: An0nymuS

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
SOMETHING NEW!!! (for me anyway)

I may not be the first to discover this or even mention it here, but it was so cool I had to share:

HINT: Think Thaumcraft.

Cardboard.png

25 Cardboard boxes, what could they be? (Hint in the background)

Unboxed.png

Yup! those are the nodes out of the Silverwoods! Both decorative and functional!! Your charger can reach 8 blocks away, so, in theory, you could place a 17x17 (x8 deep) bed of pure nodes under your charger. Normal nodes will not bully these. Complex nodes are common so the Compound Recharge Focus is a must here.

All you need is a Manasteel Grafter and your first Silverwood and you have an unlimited number of nodes to harvest, and now place, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

There was a time, early in the pack when you could collect (and reset) any node you found with a cardboard box. That was a broken and easily exploited "Feature" that has been fixed. Moving these pure nodes does not reset them, they come out of the box exactly as they went in. You can't utilize (AFAIK) them for bullying, and this is just a cool way to do something different. SO, IMHO, not broken.

S

SpellingSword

Found a rather infuriating bug.

Primal crusher (the very final tool in thaumcraft) doesn't have a "mining level" therefore anything harder than regular materials takes awfully long/doesn't harvest(mariculture) =/

Is there a way I could fix this manually before official fix?

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019

I may not be the first to discover this or even mention it here, but it was so cool I had to share:

View attachment 25554

View attachment 25556
Yup! those are the nodes out of the Silverwoods! Both decorative and functional!! Your charger can reach 8 blocks away, so, in theory, you could place a 17x17 (x8 deep) bed of pure nodes under your charger. Normal nodes will not bully these. Complex nodes are common so the Compound Recharge Focus is a must here.

All you need is a Manasteel Grafter and your first Silverwood and you have an unlimited number of nodes to harvest, and now place, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

There was a time, early in the pack when you could collect (and reset) any node you found with a cardboard box. That was a broken and easily exploited "Feature" that has been fixed. Moving these pure nodes does not reset them, they come out of the box exactly as they went in. You can't utilize (AFAIK) them for bullying, and this is just a cool way to do something different. SO, IMHO, not broken.

I tried to move a node with a cardboard box and failed but didn't even think of trying that. That's pretty neat. Wow who even uses neat anymore! :)

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to move a node with a cardboard box and failed but didn't even think of trying that. That's pretty neat. Wow who even uses neat anymore! :)
Yes, Delgar, that ranks right up there with your little trick with Wand Focus of Equal Trade in the nether. Slick as that patch of ice in front of my cave! (that I managed NOT to slip and fall on.)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So, I was looking around the Interwebs today and decided to read up on Thaumcraft 5 (seeing as how the handy research guide told me it was at least in the works.) Two things stood out to me: 1) Taint is 'more dangerous' (not explicit on how), and 2) More Thaumcraft machines will generate Flux.

Is it just me, or does it look like the developer is trying to make Thaumcraft less appealing to delve into in-depth? Thaum 3, you could research everything - maybe spawn extra Wisps or Zombies, and such, but it was always things you could fix. Thaum 4, we get Taint and Warp. All of a sudden, simply going AFK for an hour could destroy days of work if you've researched the 'wrong thing'. And while Taint can be combated, Warp is a permanent thing, and you never know when you're going to suddenly have to deal with purple goo. Thaum 5 - the nasty stuff gets even nastier. Joy.

SeraphLucisEli

Jul 29, 2019
So, I was looking around the Interwebs today and decided to read up on Thaumcraft 5 (seeing as how the handy research guide told me it was at least in the works.) Two things stood out to me: 1) Taint is 'more dangerous' (not explicit on how), and 2) More Thaumcraft machines will generate Flux.

Is it just me, or does it look like the developer is trying to make Thaumcraft less appealing to delve into in-depth? Thaum 3, you could research everything - maybe spawn extra Wisps or Zombies, and such, but it was always things you could fix. Thaum 4, we get Taint and Warp. All of a sudden, simply going AFK for an hour could destroy days of work if you've researched the 'wrong thing'. And while Taint can be combated, Warp is a permanent thing, and you never know when you're going to suddenly have to deal with purple goo. Thaum 5 - the nasty stuff gets even nastier. Joy.

It does look like one has to take extra care with that flux/taint. Though... not sure if wording it as "researching the wrong thing" is accurate. From what I remember of TC 4, you are meant to know what will cause trouble and are meant to figure out how to manage the threat. Pretty sure a lot of that careful play carries over to TC 5. Maybe the complaint comes from people who really want to go ham with the mod without worrying about flux? Then again, I speak as an unusually careful player; I know there are a lot out there who plays otherwise.

Seriously though, I personally look forward to some of the reworks. Research looks to be very streamlined and only require direct scanning on a few key objects, some of the new wand foci look nice, and golems can now potentially do way more than in the past. Heck even distributing essentia to jars and devices looks like less of a pain with certain devices. Aspect requirements regarding crucible alchemy changed too; likely into simpler/easier to access mixtures. I for one am willing to focus more attention in mitigating flux if I get that much more stuff to work with. (Again, I emphasize that this is me speaking here. I am aware people dislike particular restrictions like passive flower decay or regen nerfs on blood altars.)

On the subject of TC though, while I would like to progress further on it and other magic/tech mods in Regrowth, I feel a little lost on how to streamline everything. I do not know much about redstone or automation since I have less mod experience overall. As it seems like some level of automation will make many things much less painful, I would like to learn how people think through automating stuff in general.

M

MichaelCampbell229

I have found an interesting bug, i recently got the Flugal Tiara, I was flying around everything working. Today while flying i through an ender pearl, the pearl landed and i was "teleported" to where the Ender pearl landed, everything seemed fine. I have since done it a couple more times and now a bug has surfaced, I cant move while flying. I can fly vertically (until the timer runs out) and if i stop flying I can move fine but I cant fly forwards, left, right or backwards. If I run and jump then fly i move forwards a very small distance, then just slow to a stop, just like sliding on ice (momentum from moving forwards) then I cant move.
I have an Greater Band of Mana, and it's about half full. I tried changing the Tiara to a different kind by adding the Blaze Quartz but that's only changed the texture.

NOTE: While writing this I changed to creative and replaced it with another one from creative, and now I can fly normal again with either Tiara's but the bug could re-occur.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Hey people,

I have ran into a snag with the millenaire quest. The only thing I still need in that quest is the turmeric from the hindu village.

The problem I have now is that I need them to build a spice garden. However, the current construction is the temple which needs a hindu statue. My stone carver does not want to create the statue despite the resources being available in the town hall (sandstone and stone according to the wiki).

I cheated in a hindu statue, but I cannot get it into the locked chests. I tried a hopper which didn't work. That probably also means that pipes don't work.

Any tips? I would like to avoid cheating in the turmeric.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Hey people,

I have ran into a snag with the millenaire quest. The only thing I still need in that quest is the turmeric from the hindu village.

The problem I have now is that I need them to build a spice garden. However, the current construction is the temple which needs a hindu statue. My stone carver does not want to create the statue despite the resources being available in the town hall (sandstone and stone according to the wiki).

I cheated in a hindu statue, but I cannot get it into the locked chests. I tried a hopper which didn't work. That probably also means that pipes don't work.

Any tips? I would like to avoid cheating in the turmeric.

most of the time you just have to wait for the village to expand

skwaru

Jul 29, 2019

View attachment 25554

View attachment 25556

Thaumcraft include moving nodes "mechanics", which comes with certain cost like research, vis etc. and obviously need some effort. Your way is basically free. So IMHO it's broken as F.
Buuut props to you, it's quite creative way to approche a problem :D

For people who play with mekanism for the first time (like me). After figuring out the whole Quintuple ore procesing by myself (god bless NEI) i find out that is all described on Mekanism Wiki also there is this beautiful flowchart
Mekanism-flowchart-v7.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MichaelCampbell229

SeraphLucisEli

Jul 29, 2019
@Mekanism Flow Chart: Oh dear... I haven't quite gotten basic automation yet. That looks like a monstrous mountain of a process for me. I might have to either spend more time with individual mods to the point I use it well or just try to mirror someone's set-up though Youtube.

Yeah, I'm opening a call for help here. What's a good set of simple automating I can practice on before I tackle some of the heavier tech-mods?

O

Oritama

Hello guys, first post here,

This modpack is the first I ever tried with FeedTheBeast cause it sounded so cool, and it was indeed!

I'm currently using 0.9.0 (0.9.1 wouldn't launch) and I'm having a little trouble with those thermalilies.

I have a floodgate feeding lava into a ring of 8 floating thermalilies. I have a clock on 40 seconds (6000 recharge ticks/8=750ticks=37.5seconds)
BUT the same thermalily keeps using the lava, the one that is still recharging, as if it had priority. The other 7 don't get to use the lava.

Any ideas?

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft include moving nodes "mechanics", which comes with certain cost like research, vis etc. and obviously need some effort. Your way is basically free. So IMHO it's broken as F.
Buuut props to you, it's quite creative way to approche a problem :D
But it only works for nodes inside Silverwood logs. AFAIK there is NO way to get a node out of a Silverwood log without destroying said node in the process. You grow your Silverwood and, if you are lucky, there is a node in it. You can chop the tree away around it, but there the log (with node inside) is and it cannot be moved. I don't think you can even put that node in a jar because it has a log around it and the jar says "naaah".

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
But it only works for nodes inside Silverwood logs. AFAIK there is NO way to get a node out of a Silverwood log without destroying said node in the process. You grow your Silverwood and, if you are lucky, there is a node in it. You can chop the tree away around it, but there the log (with node inside) is and it cannot be moved. I don't think you can even put that node in a jar because it has a log around it and the jar says "naaah".
Because the pure nodes spawned inside the trees are "dinky" I never would have bothered trying to move it with a jar. And I have found no way to separate the node from the log myself, again, not really worth the effort. Best pure node I've gotten so far was a 2 aspect, total 19 I think...

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Yeah, I'm opening a call for help here. What's a good set of simple automating I can practice on before I tackle some of the heavier tech-mods?

Auto harvesting crops, and process the results accordingly.
Steel production is also fairly useful.

I have a floodgate feeding lava into a ring of 8 floating thermalilies. I have a clock on 40 seconds (6000 recharge ticks/8=750ticks=37.5seconds)
BUT the same thermalily keeps using the lava, the one that is still recharging, as if it had priority. The other 7 don't get to use the lava.
Any ideas?

Set your clock to 6000 ticks, and feed enough lava for all of them.
Otherwise try splitting them, and feed individually.