[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
You should make some upgrade for the furnace if you intend to use it long term. Hyperkinetic speeds up the time it takes to melt down items. Heating upgrades increases the amount of heat generated by a fuel source, both speeding up initial warm up and reducing overall fuel consumption keeping the furnace at melting temps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the tips, both of you. "Lava to get started" isn't a problem, I settled near a surface pool that still has a bit left in it + 2 mariculture fluid tanks nearly full and I recently finished breeding 10/10/10 fire essence plants. Short term plan is to start some thermalilies and possibly another crucible furnace turning air essence into steam for a small power plant, plus whatever the Tinker's smeltery needs.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Thermalilies are tough to work with since they are greedy about eating lava and if they eat lava on thier cooldown cycle it extends the cooldown. Unless of course this has changed.

P

pentex

Chapter 14: imag-ine a Better System / Living in the matrix: is not seeing Constraint Metal Plate.

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
Thermalilies are tough to work with since they are greedy about eating lava and if they eat lava on thier cooldown cycle it extends the cooldown. Unless of course this has changed.

Botania added a timer item, the Hovering Hourglass, which can be configured in 1 second, 10 second or 1 minute intervals depending on what kind of sand you use. Putting one set to five minutes on top of a vanilla Deployer ought to let it dispense lava on time easily; the hard part will be doing a bucket filler with only Buildcraft (and maybe Railcraft).

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Botania added a timer item, the Hovering Hourglass, which can be configured in 1 second, 10 second or 1 minute intervals depending on what kind of sand you use. Putting one set to five minutes on top of a vanilla Deployer ought to let it dispense lava on time easily; the hard part will be doing a bucket filler with only Buildcraft (and maybe Railcraft).
Bucket filling is easy. Empty bucket + thing to go into it on a TiC casting table nets the filled bucket. All you have to do is make it so the empty bucket gets cycled to the casting table to be filled.

Naphomci

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've done all the crafting and set up the Thaumcraft Outerlands portal. Go there, it's a complete void. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix? Google wasn't that helpful.

F

Folklore

I'm looking at the crucible furnace recipes for melting fire essence into lava, etc. Since the furnace itself uses lava, does melting the essence down in this way give you a net positive so it's worth doing for lava production, or is it better to use the crafting table to make lava buckets? (Melting it down would be easier to automate so I'd be willing to accept a small loss over crafting buckets.)

I am new to FTB so I'm curious: do you use that lava as a power source? If so, do you use it to power a steam engine to power your machinery?

I am looking for a power source myself. Per the quests I am now making an oil refinery but all of the wells are quite far from my base, so I am wondering if the lava crucible furnace would be a better choice in stead.

kshoh

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried to search everywhere for this problem, but couldent find any solutions. When i try to throw in my botanica book in the alfheim portal, it throws it back and said i now have elfen knowlagde but the quest dosent get completed. I have tried to make a new book several times, but it still wont work. Any help is really apreciated as I cant progress the quest line witouth it.

Woow that's the exact problem that led me here. I thought of doing the OP quest book stuff. But it seemed to me like like cheating a bit. So what i would have done would be to reset all my quests and then use the OP quest book to complete all the quests I'd done legitimately exept the alfheim quest. So i can retry to complete it again in a "more legit way".
Yeah I'm a that weird kind of guy x)

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
It's a harvester robot, nothing special, with a docking station and emerald gate to inform it of the area to work in. The problem simply occurs with time. Every once in a while, the robot will randomly stop and glitch in one place. Particle effects and an occasional twitch. I'm on the latest pack version. Out of nowhere, for no reason, and become dysfunctional. The only way to fix that is to wrench it and put it back on the docking station, or flick the lever that I have set up. Is anyone having this problem? It's super annoying and I have no idea how to fix it.
A thought that just occurred to me. Why not make a long delay timer (say 2 minutes) to the gate? Every 2 minutes the robot is called "Home" and then goes back out to "play"

Just tested this, each time the clock cycles (2 hourglasses tested at 5sec and 60 secs each, with 2 max delay repeaters before the emerald and gate), robot comes back to punch the clock and runs back out to harvest again.

Success.

Last edited:

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
I am new to FTB so I'm curious: do you use that lava as a power source? If so, do you use it to power a steam engine to power your machinery?

I am looking for a power source myself. Per the quests I am now making an oil refinery but all of the wells are quite far from my base, so I am wondering if the lava crucible furnace would be a better choice in stead.

When it comes to smelting use the TC smeltery, which doubles the ore ingot ratio. But all in all, since you have an endless amout of ore it's not really required. Only if you use the tinkers tools.

For early RF production i tend to use the steam engines, building a low pressure boiler with solid fuel is probably the best and easiest solution. Since you can grow coal in large and infinite amounts, increasing efficiency is not really necessary. A lowpressure boiler will handle 9 industrial steam engines and is very fuel-efficient.

In my world i build a wood and sapling farm, processed the wood in atm 8 cokeovens into charcoal, put the charcoal into an bloodmagic alchemy set to create coal. The coal will be put into another set of ovens to create cokecoal.
Saplings will be processed into biomass and ethanol to fuel another lowpressure boiler. The goal is to get one liquid boiler run on creosote oil. For this i need about 21 cokeovens running nonstop ;)

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
When it comes to smelting use the TC smeltery, which doubles the ore ingot ratio. But all in all, since you have an endless amout of ore it's not really required. Only if you use the tinkers tools.

For early RF production i tend to use the steam engines, building a low pressure boiler with solid fuel is probably the best and easiest solution. Since you can grow coal in large and infinite amounts, increasing efficiency is not really necessary. A lowpressure boiler will handle 9 industrial steam engines and is very fuel-efficient.

In my world i build a wood and sapling farm, processed the wood in atm 8 cokeovens into charcoal, put the charcoal into an bloodmagic alchemy set to create coal. The coal will be put into another set of ovens to create cokecoal.
Saplings will be processed into biomass and ethanol to fuel another lowpressure boiler. The goal is to get one liquid boiler run on creosote oil. For this i need about 21 cokeovens running nonstop ;)
In my last run I did steam also, this run I'm going the BioMass route until I can get BioFuel going. Those BioMass engines are fantastically non-maintenance, all you need is a steady supply of Saplings or wheat. (for Bio-Fuel, start a Pumpkin patch early and just fill an expanded barrel, you'll thank me later)

F

Folklore

Oh I didn't mean smelting ores. I've got that down :)

What I meant is a way of generating lava to use as a power source for machinery

Will look into that, thanks. I am still curious about lava, though. Because it's... lava! Who wouldn't want to put the fiery destruction of lava to use?

The goal is to get one liquid boiler run on creosote oil. For this i need about 21 cokeovens running nonstop ;)

:eek:

Reactions: Jugg3rV
Z

zendeejay

Could someone please advise me on some locations to download the server files for this mod pack. I have used the FTB launcher to download the files originally but have been getting issues with that version

Z

zendeejay

I rolled back to java 7 SE9 i believe , my issues have been with nether ores and tinkers construct no appearing to be recognised

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Well, the latest version requires Java 8. Install Java 8, install/launch the latest version and if it crashes post the crash log on pastebin to see what really causes the problem.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on my second play through, having a new blast all over again. Love many of the changes and refinements to both the pack and the mods. I learned so much the first time through, it's a challenge to improve on this run. One thing I definitely improved this run was how I combine essences on the fly.

Since I have a far better laid out farm (even though it's underground) AND I'm doing the Robot/Hopperhock method this pass... I have built my transit network from farms to storage in such a way that each essence is diverted into it's own Auto Workbench. these little beauties will take source material, and output (bottom only) finished product (piped and gated to return to the flow to storage)

A farm of 16 essences will not overload them and only the finished goods continue down the path...

I also have used the Auto Assembler, but for farm integration the A-W is the superior choice

Wooden, Golden, Diamond, and Iron pipes (with gates and occasional plugs) are all you need.

The really cool thing is that this system is mostly invisible... Robot harvests, Hopperhock collects, I route my pipe one layer below the paths between the grids and put the A-W to either side under the farmland, finished goods arrive at my inventory wall.

Love it!

Z

zendeejay

http://pastebin.com/wtHPTPNH here is the error i am coming up with atm.

The server runs alright, each time i login, the error i receive keeps saying nether ores and tinkers construct are the issue. i thought getting the latest copy of the server files and downloading the latest version for my account may solve the issue