[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Does anyone have a recommendation for a "best" tree for saplings? I've had a decent amount of success with Fir (2x2) combined with my smelting+fortune Lumber axe, but being so tall, sometimes takes the tree longer to decay than I have the patience to wait around for.
I initially used a Rainbow Eucalyptus, Lumber Axe, Air Sigil, and Horn of the Canopy. Then I switched to Fir because the eucalyptus sometimes didn't all chop and left branches behind.

Reactions: OniyaMCD

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I initially used a Rainbow Eucalyptus, Lumber Axe, Air Sigil, and Horn of the Canopy. Then I switched to Fir because the eucalyptus sometimes didn't all chop and left branches behind.

Yup, I went this route as well. That, and I liked the look of the rainbow eucalyptus wood.

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
Downloaded "recommended" branch today and after starting it up on the server I get a GUI locally. Closing that will shut down the server.
The .sh does include the usual "nogui" argument but it seems to be ignored.
Bump? Just in case it isnt clear: This means you can not make a new server.

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody got a good Seed CrossBreeding Strategy?

My current strategy involves using a 7X7 plot of tilled land (garden soil where possible, the middle block for water when not)

If you look at a 7X7 plot, you will see that if you skip every row and column, you have 4 primary rows and column
X0X0X0X
X0X0X0X
X0X0X0X
X0X0X0X

So on the 16 X's, i plant my 16 best seeds (I only consider growth during the crossbreeding phase, the other stats catch up afterwards)
And on all the 0's, i put double sticks. I then put a sprinkler overhead and wait.
After the 16 plants have become 49, I trash the original 16 and replace them with double sticks. From experience, the 16 original NEVER make it to the next generation.

Once the plot has refilled with 49 plants again, I destroy the whole thing, put the seeds through the analyzer, and plant the best 16 again.

Is there a better way though? I'm close to end game, and I haven't found a machine that does the mutation for me, and cant think of a way of automating it, so this is the best I got.

Thanks.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
You might be better off starting with your two best plants diagonally adjacent to each other and cross-cropping the rest

-X000000
X0000000

Each new plant will have an opportunity to increase stats from the ones next to it. I did this on a smaller scale with mushrooms, and the lower right corner was always the best of the lot.

Reactions: seanbrockest

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
How so? The gui shouldn't stop the server from running, it just means you have a gui instead of a cmd window...
Well, it's a bit of a showstopper if you want to run on a remote headless machine.

@mti_ what does your .sh script look like? Although I'm using a custom ServerStart.sh, the command to launch the server is:
Code:
java -server -Xms1024m -Xmx2048m -XX:PermSize=256m -jar forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1558-1.7.10-universal.jar nogui

and that works fine with Java (Hotspot) 1.8.0_66 on Ubuntu 14.04, Regrowth 0.91. No GUI appears.

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
You might be better off starting with your two best plants diagonally adjacent to each other and cross-cropping the rest

-X000000
X0000000

Each new plant will have an opportunity to increase stats from the ones next to it. I did this on a smaller scale with mushrooms, and the lower right corner was always the best of the lot.

Worked amazingly!

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019

My current strategy involves using a 7X7 plot of tilled land (garden soil where possible, the middle block for water when not)

If you look at a 7X7 plot, you will see that if you skip every row and column, you have 4 primary rows and column
X0X0X0X
X0X0X0X
X0X0X0X
X0X0X0X

So on the 16 X's, i plant my 16 best seeds (I only consider growth during the crossbreeding phase, the other stats catch up afterwards)
And on all the 0's, i put double sticks. I then put a sprinkler overhead and wait.
After the 16 plants have become 49, I trash the original 16 and replace them with double sticks. From experience, the 16 original NEVER make it to the next generation.

Once the plot has refilled with 49 plants again, I destroy the whole thing, put the seeds through the analyzer, and plant the best 16 again.

Is there a better way though? I'm close to end game, and I haven't found a machine that does the mutation for me, and cant think of a way of automating it, so this is the best I got.

Thanks.

You can even just start with one crop in the corner of a 7x7 plot and a even if you start it at 1/1/1 by the end of that plot it will be VERY close to 10/10/10.

D

DanLeo427

X0X0X0X
X0X0X0X
X0X0X0X
X0X0X0X

Thanks.

Well what I did was much more compact and it got me 2-3 10/10/10 from a 1/1/1 every time. I take a strip of 3/12 blocks and put down the garden soil on the outer two rows leaving the middle one stone or cracked sand, all of which except for the last block in the row of the middle one so it forms an elongated U shape. Then plant double crop sticks all the way and plant my seeds on one end and let it go. Works amazingly!

Kinda in this format where X is garden soil with crop sticks and O is another block:

XXXXXXXXXXXX
OOOOOOOOOOX
XXXXXXXXXXXX

EDIT: This structure is mainly used for my essence seeds to get them all up to the best production they can be.
I also noticed (which is probably obvious) but a 4x4 plot with the essence seeds at 10/10/10 gives you a stack of the respective essences at a time.

Last edited:

rjwboys

Jul 29, 2019
Well what I did was much more compact and it got me 2-3 10/10/10 from a 1/1/1 every time. I take a strip of 3/12 blocks and put down the garden soil on the outer two rows leaving the middle one stone or cracked sand, all of which except for the last block in the row of the middle one so it forms an elongated U shape. Then plant double crop sticks all the way and plant my seeds on one end and let it go. Works amazingly!

Kinda in this format where X is garden soil with crop sticks and O is another block:

XXXXXXXXXXXX
OOOOOOOOOOX
XXXXXXXXXXXX

EDIT: This structure is mainly used for my essence seeds to get them all up to the best production they can be.
I also noticed (which is probably obvious) but a 4x4 plot with the essence seeds at 10/10/10 gives you a stack of the respective essences at a time.
humm i do a setup like this
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
I did a bunch of tests to try and determine what was the fastest and most optimal way to get to 10/10/10 seeds. The line method, is the least resource intensive but is the longest, probably takes about twice as long or more than any other method. A 7x7 field if you start with a 1/1/1 seed on one corner will get you close to a 10/10/10 seed (7x7 being optimal as that's the entire area a sprinkler can cover). The fastest method is probably the cross pattern which will get you a 10/10/10 seed in about 10 mutations but requires you to actively break the new seed and replace an older one.
- X
XOX
- X
(Where X is where you place your crop, and O is where the new crop is formed. You break the new crop and replace the lowest crop). If you want to see my testing you can check out my Regrowth Tutorial Series:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRcfQ8zOWMRmYij-tbZHyM_EW0yCPXANv

The first 3 videos deal specifically with agricraft and crop growing.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
You can even just start with one crop in the corner of a 7x7 plot and a even if you start it at 1/1/1 by the end of that plot it will be VERY close to 10/10/10.

I wasn't entirely sure what Agricraft settings had changed during the most recent update. I knew for certain that a two-parent offspring would increase, so I hedged my bet slightly. :)

Izzno

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried to search everywhere for this problem, but couldent find any solutions. When i try to throw in my botanica book in the alfheim portal, it throws it back and said i now have elfen knowlagde but the quest dosent get completed. I have tried to make a new book several times, but it still wont work. Any help is really apreciated as I cant progress the quest line witouth it.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried to search everywhere for this problem, but couldent find any solutions. When i try to throw in my botanica book in the alfheim portal, it throws it back and said i now have elfen knowlagde but the quest dosent get completed. I have tried to make a new book several times, but it still wont work. Any help is really apreciated as I cant progress the quest line witouth it.
In this kind of situations (items not being detected by the hqm book as they should), the most probable cause is an oversight from the pack maker. I suggest reporting the problem (as you already did), and then spawn the "edit" mode hqm book and complete the quest. So, the bug will probably get fixed in the next version and you can continue playing.

Izzno

Jul 29, 2019
In this kind of situations (items not being detected by the hqm book as they should), the most probable cause is an oversight from the pack maker. I suggest reporting the problem (as you already did), and then spawn the "edit" mode hqm book and complete the quest. So, the bug will probably get fixed in the next version and you can continue playing.

I see, i have no idea how i even do that tough :D

B

bumiteen

I've found a very irritating issue and I have no idea how to deal with it. I am currently just entering the tech world in the Regrowth pack, and I am using a robot to farm my crops. Mostly - that is, it has a problem with it.

It's a harvester robot, nothing special, with a docking station and emerald gate to inform it of the area to work in. The problem simply occurs with time. Every once in a while, the robot will randomly stop and glitch in one place. Particle effects and an occasional twitch. I'm on the latest pack version. Out of nowhere, for no reason, and become dysfunctional. The only way to fix that is to wrench it and put it back on the docking station, or flick the lever that I have set up. Is anyone having this problem? It's super annoying and I have no idea how to fix it.

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking at the crucible furnace recipes for melting fire essence into lava, etc. Since the furnace itself uses lava, does melting the essence down in this way give you a net positive so it's worth doing for lava production, or is it better to use the crafting table to make lava buckets? (Melting it down would be easier to automate so I'd be willing to accept a small loss over crafting buckets.)

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Unless it has been changed, it takes less lava to keep the furnace hot than the essence produces (especially if you melt 2 stacks at a time).

But it will consume 3-4 buckets of lava to get the furnace hot enough to melt the essence.

So in the end it is a net gain, but requires some lava to get started.