[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Iperithon

Jul 29, 2019
So, Having problems still with "Another Side Another Story" quest... seems the quest book is still not detecting the Alfheim enhanced (or relic enhanced) book to complete the quest.

I've tried a few things but nothing works (spawned new book... re-alfheimed the book... various other thoughts)

one thing I saw in a post was an issue with it's interaction with Enchirdion mod? but I don't know much about how to interact with it other than pressing H to bring it up. Any help would be great.

F

Folklore

I'm trying to get a sense of scope here: I have eight hydroangeas set up. How long would it take them to generate enough mana to make an ingot of terrasteel?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
They probibly will not make enough mana for a ingot of terrasteel, as they will probibly wither away before then.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
I build a very simple, easy to expand mana production for early game.
It's not a very compact build, since i was showing it to a friend in LAN to explain basics of buildcraft routing.

2 4x4 potatoe fields producing food
separating poison potatoes from normals with barrels and hopperhock

4 furnaces cooking potatoes with an exoflame, filled with claypipes. Inner furnaces get filled up first.
For later use send redpipe signal to stop pumping potatoes into furnaces if outer furnaces have items in inventory - Cooked potatoes get jumped out into one storage barrel

An hourglass set to 40sec giving a redstone signal for the dispencers to spit one potatoe - atm 8 dispencers feed 8 gourmalis
the 40sec enables the mana spreader to empty themselves completely

the mana battery - 2 manapools with recessive augumented sparks, rest with normal sparks

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Well - not sure why I stopped receiving alerts on this thread. Tagging in again so I can stay updated. (I do intend to do a recorded series on this, but I'm having Win 10 issuuuuuues at the moment.)

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't visit the thread after a while it stops sending you alerts, you don't need to post in it, just visit it regularly.

Reactions: OniyaMCD
F

Folklore

So, Having problems still with "Another Side Another Story" quest... seems the quest book is still not detecting the Alfheim enhanced (or relic enhanced) book to complete the quest.

Same thing happened to me. Making a new lexica botanica and throwing it through the portal didn't help me either.

Reactions: Matt Dulittle
C

coloneljjw

Okay this is like the third or fourth time I have posted about this problem. I cannot access any of the Thaumcraft, Blood Magic, Mekanism, AE, or Millenaire quest lines even though I have completed the needed quests to unlock them. My reputation scores are WAY lower than they should be and I can't change that. I backed up my world save, deleted the HardcoreQuesting folder, and used the /hqm edit book to redo everything and I came out with even less quests than my previous save. I have tried everything people tell me like "hold or drop Osmium ingots/Osmium ore to unlock Mekanism" and that doesn't work. People say to unlock Mekanism I need to fully complete the first quest line of technology which I have. I have no idea what to do and I'm about to just give up on this modpack which is a shame because I've been playing for a while and I used to enjoy it. I'm open to any and all suggestions and I would really appreciate it if the owner of this modpack could take a look at my situation. Thanks

3TUSK

Jul 29, 2019
Ok loving the addition of AcademyCraft, slaughtered a wither with just my first power at 100% I brought him under 1/2 and finished him off with my tinkers sword

is there any way to get the AcademyCraft achievement "New Energy"?
According to the official AcademyCraft Wiki, you may need a Imag Phase Liquid Unit.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Okay this is like the third or fourth time I have posted about this problem. I cannot access any of the Thaumcraft, Blood Magic, Mekanism, AE, or Millenaire quest lines even though I have completed the needed quests to unlock them. My reputation scores are WAY lower than they should be and I can't change that. I backed up my world save, deleted the HardcoreQuesting folder, and used the /hqm edit book to redo everything and I came out with even less quests than my previous save. I have tried everything people tell me like "hold or drop Osmium ingots/Osmium ore to unlock Mekanism" and that doesn't work. People say to unlock Mekanism I need to fully complete the first quest line of technology which I have. I have no idea what to do and I'm about to just give up on this modpack which is a shame because I've been playing for a while and I used to enjoy it. I'm open to any and all suggestions and I would really appreciate it if the owner of this modpack could take a look at my situation. Thanks
Coloneljjw, there are a BUNCH of hidden quests in chapter 2 that unlock other quests in the book. The second post (F.A.Q.) in this thread has a sub-topic on "upgrading from 0.7.x to 0.8.x" that has a list of items that you need to have held in your inventory to complete these hidden quests. This is not an issue in the normal progression because you tend to make the seed, harvest the essence, turn it into the ore (or gem), and smelt it into the ingot. To the list in that message, I add a gold bar and aluminum bar in addition to the ores. You may need to craft some of the books to unlock their quests/chapters. I also suspect that you need to complete some of the chapter 1 quests and the 2 stone quests in chapter 2 before picking up the items in the list. It seems to be a bit fussy about the order you do things in. I am in the process of moving from 0.8.4 to 0.9.1 and that is working for me. I have just started the Thaumcraft and Witchery chapters and they aren't all completely open yet. I have to take a break (and possibly a therapy session with my friend Single Malt) before I dive further into it.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Hikaru-Takemori

Jul 29, 2019

One possibly stupid question, but... do you claim the rewards for the quests you completed again? I believe somewhere in this thread TPL said that reputation gets assigned upon claiming rewards.