[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Wolpertinger

Jul 29, 2019
There's another bug? with Academycraft - oddly enough, looking at the Github it's already supposed to be fixed. The electromancer power 'current charging' is supposed to let you charge most RF containing blocks - it used to not work without thermal expansion, but the patch notes on Academycraft mention fixing that. However, It doesn't seem to work for me on anything but the Academycraft blocks. Dunno if it's a quirk of regrowth or if it hadn't gotten fixed properly, so I thought I'd mention it here just in case.

F

Folklore

Just checking if I understand this correctly:
- To make a greatwood tree I need to make a treefyd
- To make a treefyd I need a distillery
- To make a distillery I need an attuned stone
- To make an attuned stone I need to make an Alfheim portal
- To make an Alfheim portal I need to make terrasteel
- To make terrasteel I need lapis lazuli
Is that right?

Also will I need a lot of terrasteel? And is it best to chuck as much stuff possible through the Alfheim portal?

spiritofmc

Jul 29, 2019
So i recently restarted my Regrowth world and i quickly realized that ALL of the Academycraft ores spawn naturally in the world, like i look down a ravine and i see every type of ore from Academycraft. Is this in any way intentional? or is it something for the next update?

Also, what's the best way to harvest trees or crops? just for future use, since i'm just getting nature seeds now.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Just checking if I understand this correctly:
- To make a greatwood tree I need to make a treefyd
- To make a treefyd I need a distillery
- To make a distillery I need an attuned stone
- To make an attuned stone I need to make an Alfheim portal
- To make an Alfheim portal I need to make terrasteel
- To make terrasteel I need lapis lazuli
Is that right?

Also will I need a lot of terrasteel? And is it best to chuck as much stuff possible through the Alfheim portal?

Your progression is correct. To make the portal doesn't require a lot of terrasteel (only a couple of ingots, if the mind like a steel sieve is remembering correctly) but each ingot takes a BUNCH of mana. The portal itself is a constant drain of mana, so most of us put a bunch of stuff through the portal and then turn it off until we need more supplies.

F

Folklore

To make the portal doesn't require a lot of terrasteel
I should have worded that better. I meant if I'll need a lot of terrasteel in general, not just for the portal.

Thanks for confirming my progressing.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
So i recently restarted my Regrowth world and i quickly realized that ALL of the Academycraft ores spawn naturally in the world, like i look down a ravine and i see every type of ore from Academycraft. Is this in any way intentional? or is it something for the next update?

Also, what's the best way to harvest trees or crops? just for future use, since i'm just getting nature seeds now.
From what I have seen so far, that was probably an oversight by thephoenixlodge. He usually doesn't miss much, but ...

I try to get a tinker scythe for crops and a tinker lumber axe for trees as quickly as I can, that takes care of most manual harvesting needed. For automation, buildcraft robots or thaumcraft golems seem to be the weapon of choice for most of us. I use the botania hopperhock for collecting the harvest, although you do have to pay attention to its range (in 3 dimensions!). Yes, a hopperhock attached to a mana pool WILL pick up items 10 blocks below it. Ask me how I know. <grin>

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
I should have worded that better. I meant if I'll need a lot of terrasteel in general, not just for the portal.

Thanks for confirming my progressing.
Most welcome, sir.

If you are going to make a full suit of armor, you will need a bunch, but there is some debate over which is better, terrasteel, the pink stuff manasteel turns into (the name is escaping the dragons clutching claw), or thaumium. I suspect it is mostly a matter of esthetics.

Making a terra blade as quickly as you can is a good thing. The ranged attack it has is Very handy.

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Your progression is correct. To make the portal doesn't require a lot of terrasteel (only a couple of ingots, if the mind like a steel sieve is remembering correctly) but each ingot takes a BUNCH of mana. The portal itself is a constant drain of mana, so most of us put a bunch of stuff through the portal and then turn it off until we need more supplies.
Actually only one terrasteel ingot is needed to make a portal now (used to be 2 or 3 I think). Each ingot needs half a mana pool to make.

It's well worth getting the Terra Blade and probably the Terra Shatterer, 2 & 4 ingots respectively. The armour is now cheaper too - 3 ingots per piece plus a couple of tier 2 runes, 2 livingwood twigs and the matching manasteel piece.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
<sigh> The dragon admits defeat! After spending most of the morning and afternoon spelunking in the terrifying depths of minecraft server code he is out of torches and his head is hurting. The dragon is trying to build a new server with 9.1 and import the world from the current 8.4 server, without much success. The 9.1 server is working, the import is NOT! Logged in to the new (un-populated} world just for grins. Middle of the night, just as I regain consciousness, THERE'S a ZOMBIE BEATING ON ME, i'm dead. Yippee. But, at least, the server is there and talking to the world. I tried to un-zip the world directory from my 8.4 archive into the world directory of the 9.1 server. Re-started everything and the client can no longer ping the server. (Log says something about expecting json and getting text).

The question for the assembled wisdom is: What are the minimum files needed from 8.4 in order to preserve our builldings, seed progression, item collections, etc.? I know that HQM has to be redone from scratch, but I really don't want to rebuild the Lighthouse of Alexandria again.

Thank you all in advance.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
How do I find blue slimes? I've wandered around forever and cannot find them at all.
Since slime islands are disabled, they just spawn randomly, though rather rarely.

There's another bug? with Academycraft - oddly enough, looking at the Github it's already supposed to be fixed. The electromancer power 'current charging' is supposed to let you charge most RF containing blocks - it used to not work without thermal expansion, but the patch notes on Academycraft mention fixing that. However, It doesn't seem to work for me on anything but the Academycraft blocks. Dunno if it's a quirk of regrowth or if it hadn't gotten fixed properly, so I thought I'd mention it here just in case.
Unfortunately the pack cannot currently use the most recent version of AcademyCraft as it just outright crashes on servers. Hence the possibility of encountering bugs that are fixed in the newest version.

The ores spawning are an issue I'm aware of, and that is happening despite the config being set to false. So either that config option just doesn't work in this version, or wasn't actually added until the newer version and is just sitting there as a leftover from 0.9.0.

As it stands, the author of academycraft has said they're hoping to get a new version out in the next week or so to fix the server crash with pre3 and presumably some other stuff too, so once that's done and presuming it doesn't break anything, I will update the pack to 0.9.2 to fix more of the remaining issues.

Reactions: spiritofmc

Tigerpause

Jul 29, 2019
As far as the world gen (among other reported issues), I'm would like to know opinions on whether to wait until 0.9.2 to update my server from 0.8.8.

F

ftbxm

As far as the world gen (among other reported issues), I'm would like to know opinions on whether to wait until 0.9.2 to update my server from 0.8.8.
I'm waiting for at least 0.9.2 before upgrading. 0.8.8 is working well for me. In addition to the reported issues here, I was also concerned about a comment about AcademyCraft at http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/236188-academycraft#t1:changes

"Note that 1.0pr3 is possibly NOT compatible with previous versions' saves. Please backup your world before replacing."

As Regrowth 0.9.1 is using AcademyCraft 1.0pr2_1, when Regrowth is updated to 1.0pr3 or later, there could *possibly* be an issue with your save.

Last edited:

Deme1983

Jul 29, 2019
I have another question ...
im on 13: how the world bleeds I upgraded the blood altar to teir 3 and the quest book didn't register me having the 4 glowstone to keep questing because everything else is greyed out so I cant go past this

HimCtLO.png

my altar at the moment but it wont click in the quest book that I did it how do I fix it ?

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
Downloaded "recommended" branch today and after starting it up on the server I get a GUI locally. Closing that will shut down the server.
The .sh does include the usual "nogui" argument but it seems to be ignored.