[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Note: I'm a scandalously noobish botania noob.

My understanding is that the ultimate outcome of this that you can no longer put a bunch of thermalillies around a lava generating source on a first-come-first-serve basis. Instead, each lilly would need to be on its own timed lava source so that it will only encounter lava when its ready to consume it. Is this correct?

Your post makes absolutely no sense to me ........ the bit about the thermalillies seems completely accurate though.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
The entire post was about thermalilies. Which part didn't make sense? (I genuinely want to go back and clarify if necessary)
OH, The first line of your post, the one that I enlarged to match the first part of mine, maybe your where right :rolleyes:

Hint: only read the enlarged text of both:p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Watch a few of DW20 videos and you'll master it in no time
Oh I've watched lots of videos dude. I can pick it up any time I want to, I'm just not experienced enough to ask/answer questions intelligently.

In this case I'm just curious about the thermalily mechanic. I'm not actually setting one up :)

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Watch a few of DW20 videos and you'll master it in no time
Oh I've watched lots of videos dude. I can pick it up any time I want to, I'm just not experienced enough to ask/answer questions intelligently.

In this case I'm just curious about the thermalily mechanic. I'm not actually setting one up :)

I suspect that this change to the mechanic is Vaskii once again saying: "I do not want anyone to set up a mana generation system that they do not have to baby-sit." It takes about 45 seconds or so for a thermalily to eat a block of lava and turn it into mana. It then starts its cool-down so the next block of lava should not be presented until 6 minutes after the first one. In theory, six thermalilies could share the same source point if (BIG IF) a lily not on cool down looks for lava to eat before a lily that is on cool down does so. In my observation, you don't get enough mana from one block of lava to make the gymnastics needed to use them worth it.

I will stick with my Endoflames that I only have to toss them a few blocks of coal now and again and be done with it.

Reactions: An0nymuS

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I suspect that this change to the mechanic is Vaskii once again saying: "I do not want anyone to set up a mana generation system that they do not have to baby-sit." It takes about 45 seconds or so for a thermalily to eat a block of lava and turn it into mana. It then starts its cool-down so the next block of lava should not be presented until 6 minutes after the first one. In theory, six thermalilies could share the same source point if (BIG IF) a lily not on cool down looks for lava to eat before a lily that is on cool down does so. In my observation, you don't get enough mana from one block of lava to make the gymnastics needed to use them worth it.

I will stick with my Endoflames that I only have to toss them a few blocks of coal now and again and be done with it.
Until they get a cooldown/early-consumption penalty too :)

Reactions: An0nymuS

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014

Let's see... The only generating flowers i can think of that NEED babysitting are the thermalily and the rosa arcana, possibly the dandelifon. Maybe the passives if you really want to use them on more than entry-stepping stone.

Endoflame: Extremely easy to automate, item dropper + pressure plate or timer or a setup that'd work with a gourmy/entropiny
Munchdew: Set it up near a tree farm so it doesn't eat all the leaves and thus leaves enough saplings for the tree farm to sustain itself.
Gourmaryliss: Timer based item dropper, or use a system based on mana flow.
Entropinnyium: Use a system based on the mana detector, when mana stops flowing and there's room in the pool, set off TNT.
Kekimus: The challenge here is more on making the cake. Placing it is easy.
Spectrolous: Gathering the wool is pretty easy (use a sheep farm with 16 different coloured sheep). The challenge is dropping the wool in the right order if you automate.
Rafflowisa: Like the Kekimus, the challenge is making the Passive flowers for this to munch.
Dandelifion: This is the one flower (other than raffl) i haven't made an attempt at automating. But I can see it being automatable.

S

Sir_Burnalot

I'm trying to hand in the Another Side Another Story quest (under 3. The way the World Works).
I've thrown my Lexica Botania into the Portal to Alfheim and it added Elven Knowledge to it.
I'm guessing it needs to have Relic Knowledge added to it to be detected, but from what I've heard I need to kill a Guardian of Gaia to get a Dice of Fate to get a relic for the book to add it.

Is this true? Because of what I see in the quest line (yes, I used the hqm editor) that happens later.
Should I consider my quest completed and "cheat"? or have I missed something?

I am also trying to hand in this quest and the quest book is not letting me. I have tried making new lexica's but to no avail. Is there something I can do to solve this bug????

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Let's see... The only generating flowers i can think of that NEED babysitting are the thermalily and the rosa arcana, possibly the dandelifon. Maybe the passives if you really want to use them on more than entry-stepping stone.

Endoflame: Extremely easy to automate, item dropper + pressure plate or timer or a setup that'd work with a gourmy/entropiny
Munchdew: Set it up near a tree farm so it doesn't eat all the leaves and thus leaves enough saplings for the tree farm to sustain itself.
Gourmaryliss: Timer based item dropper, or use a system based on mana flow.
Entropinnyium: Use a system based on the mana detector, when mana stops flowing and there's room in the pool, set off TNT.
Kekimus: The challenge here is more on making the cake. Placing it is easy.
Spectrolous: Gathering the wool is pretty easy (use a sheep farm with 16 different coloured sheep). The challenge is dropping the wool in the right order if you automate.
Rafflowisa: Like the Kekimus, the challenge is making the Passive flowers for this to munch.
Dandelifion: This is the one flower (other than raffl) i haven't made an attempt at automating. But I can see it being automatable.

Was it only in Regrowth that the early game flowers died after a few days of was that a botania mechanic?

Glavitar

Jul 29, 2019
Ok loving the addition of AcademyCraft, slaughtered a wither with just my first power at 100% I brought him under 1/2 and finished him off with my tinkers sword

is there any way to get the AcademyCraft achievement "New Energy"?

Last edited:

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
Thermalily- hovering hourglass makes a useful timer, and a dispenser can place lava.
If you bend the rules as what qualifies as ''babysitting''- leave the Rosa Arcana in the parts of your base you most frequently visit.

I've been tempted to re-automate the thermalilly based on the new rules. The main difficulty here is doing it without resorting to AE. :p Working around the oddities of the auto-assembler is going to be the tricky bit.

Also need a MUCH larger room to fit it. I had a modest config - 5x5 with a 'ring' of 8 floating flowers. Since I had to tear up all of that anyway, I re-purposed the room with an End Portal instead.

I'm envisioning this new setup as a line of alternating dispensers, one block apart from each other, each serving one flower. Two lines can be fed from the same inbound bucket pipe, and each dispenser will need an extraction pipe to detect the empty bucket and return it. Currently I think I would leave the ground beneath free of piping, so that the redstone signal propagates that way. The main problem for me is space - I prefer compact setups, so finding room for this is going to be the challenge. Worst case I suppose I can just go down...

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
Until they get a cooldown/early-consumption penalty too :)
Endoflames were already 'nerfed' - they have a maximum allowed burn time per item (set to the 'block of coal coke' level). Originally it was dropped to just blocks of (char)coal, but was raised back to coal coke; I assume since it already required a large infrastructure to get that in larger quantities.
They are also *very* hungry - we have multiple reports in this thread where a misplaced sapling got lost to them. And that response time appears to be faster than the hopperhock's.

Reactions: Pyure
B

Barley

Stuck on the quest: Imag-ine a Better System, it's not registering the 3 Constraint Metal Plates to advance the quest, I have about 50 of them in my inventory atm.