[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

R

Raze soldier12

So can anyone please help me? I wan't to make a new mechanic in minecraft but I don't know how,can someone send me a tutoria or something like it?

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Someone here will probably know. Is it possible to make picks good enough to mine the needed resources in the nether without resorting to Tinker's tools?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
The Terra Shatter is only listed as Steel level, which gets you Rutile, but to get ardite and cobalt you need thaumium/cobalt level.
I could swear that steel is better than Thaumium. Maybe go in a test world and see if a Terra Shaterer can mine Cobalt?
Edit: Steel's mining level is 4(Cobalt), so it should be able to mine cobalt.
Edit 2: Unles @thephoenixlodge changed it

Last edited:

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I could swear that steel is better than Thaumium. Maybe go in a test world and see if a Terra Shaterer can mine Cobalt?
Edit: Steel's mining level is 4(Cobalt), so it should be able to mine cobalt.
Edit 2: Unles @thephoenixlodge changed it

He did change them up. My current path is botania for manasteel and terrashatter (which will get you ardite). Then a ardite pick to mine just cobalt. Then a cobalt pick to mine the last one (at work and can not remember the name). Once i have all the seeds made, all my picks end up on drying racks on the wall next to the portal incase i need to actually go to the nether for some reason.

manevilus

Jul 29, 2019
I have another question, which tree is best for saplings(saplings to tree ratio, as well as ease of cutting it down :) )

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I have another question, which tree is best for saplings(saplings to tree ratio, as well as ease of cutting it down :) )
I used the acacia (spelling?) tree for saplings. Good sapling counts, easy to chop down with ticon lumber axe, and easy to break leaves with the botania horn as the canopy was wide but not too high up. There might be better options, but I got this sapling early and it was good enough for my needs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

R

ReaperDragon4

Image is missing View attachment 25210 first post so try again

Why is this not large enough for a town hall & how to work around it

EDIT: Never mind - forgot to place dirt/grass below gold block

Lol, hey do you know how to make it so that pure nodes will change the biome? I don't want to make a home near a sinister node but i've found a good looking pure one with an auram node and a sano node near it. tell me how to turn the pure node magical forest on plox? I need it for spirit bees but they don't like the beach biome I normally use and I think eerie might be too cold. They want warm/normal heat and humidity.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Lol, hey do you know how to make it so that pure nodes will change the biome? I don't want to make a home near a sinister node but i've found a good looking pure one with an auram node and a sano node near it. tell me how to turn the pure node magical forest on plox? I need it for spirit bees but they don't like the beach biome I normally use and I think eerie might be too cold. They want warm/normal heat and humidity.
I don't believe that Pure Nodes can change the biomes. The block from Silverwood trees that contains a pure node can change biomes.

R

ReaperDragon4

no i've seen regular pure nodes do it as well in three or four different packs including FTB ones. I've seen them operate this way in Hubris, Banished, Blightfall, I /think/ I've seen it do that in magic farm 2 but that was so long ago... but it was part of my strategy for Hubris. I'd hunt down the nodes, bottle them and have them clean the land for me. I'd get the spots they missed with ethereal blooms and I managed to clear and renovate a village that way /and/ repopulate it (though getting the villagers to LEAVE their pen voluntarily was EXTREMELY difficult. *fumes*)

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019

Remember to make a grafter as that will drastically increase the number of saplings you receive from breaking leaves; manasteel grafter = infinite uses (as long as you have mana, of course). I used it to get a decent supply of greatwood and silverwood saplings.

manevilus

Jul 29, 2019
Remember to make a grafter as that will drastically increase the number of saplings you receive from breaking leaves; manasteel grafter = infinite uses (as long as you have mana, of course). I used it to get a decent supply of greatwood and silverwood saplings.
Thank you! I am still new to some of the mods on this pack(the only ones I really know is thaumcraft, and I have never gone end game with it, I am very new to botania, and agricraft is relatively easy ;) ) I know next to nothing about forestry.

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you! I am still new to some of the mods on this pack(the only ones I really know is thaumcraft, and I have never gone end game with it, I am very new to botania, and agricraft is relatively easy ;) ) I know next to nothing about forestry.

I used to be new to all of the magic mods (and, to be honest, never cared too much for Magic before Regrowth) included and I started this pack being really eager to get to the industry and technology parts of the quest line. Much to my surprise, I had more fun playing through the magical mods than I did with the tech ones. :D

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I use Fir trees for logs/saplings. Sometimes i get very unlucky with RNG mutandis. I will usually stick with Oak or Oak like trees so i can also get apples until i get Fir.

R

ReaperDragon4

I use Fir trees for logs/saplings. Sometimes i get very unlucky with RNG mutandis. I will usually stick with Oak or Oak like trees so i can also get apples until i get Fir.

I use 2x2 fir trees for grinding biomass/wood for crafting/charcoal. Not only do I swear blind they automatically replant if you leave the saplings on the ground but they're straight so you don't need to wait for the leaves to decay if you use a lumber axe. I have an elementium one and a mana steel one I just jacked up the level of reinforcement with obsidian plates and parts. I'd rather do that since there's no normal ore gen.

I can get a stack and almost a half from a 2x2 extra biomes xl fir tree.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with other comments (node not changing biome), I did not go further than needed for the quests in bees and used witchery to change an area to the needed biomes.

Deme1983

Jul 29, 2019
still waiting for a answer for the broken Ender portal bug ...

XW8Tftc.png

proof im not crazy

F

ftbxm

still waiting for a answer for the broken Ender portal bug ...

XW8Tftc.png

proof im not crazy
If you have access have you tried installing the WorldEdit mod temporarily and using cut and paste to move it? That's pretty good at moving anything. Make sure to take a world backup before doing anything and IIRC you will need to be OP to use WorldEdit.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I lost me first batch of potential terrasteel to item despawn. I was reading online and its saying sparks are the way to go, but I for the life of me can't figure out how they work. I'm feeling pretty dumb right now.

I have one over two pools and its not drawing mana from the other one. What could I be doing wrong?

EDIT: Just figured it out :) Yeah, terrasteel!

Last edited: