[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

RefineTheMine

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get my one Solegnolia to work around my endoflame farm. It has mana but every time I walk by I end up with coal coke in my inventory

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get my one Solegnolia to work around my endoflame farm. It has mana but every time I walk by I end up with coal coke in my inventory
You may want to check its positioning with the help of a Manaseer Monocle (bauble head slot). This particular flower has a circular area of effect IIRC, which makes it a pain sometimes. In larger setups you will need more than one.

You also need to make sure its not near any redstone or its devices; That will turn it off when they are active. Yet another reason to have more than one in larger endoflame farms, since you cannot put it next to the automation rig. :p

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having some trouble with Gaia Guardian #2. Anyone got some good startegies?

I have terrasteel armor with Protection 4 on all pieces, haste 3 on boots, thorns 2 on legs. I have a manyullyn longsword which will do 11 hearts of damage per strike (or 16.5 while sprinting, but good luck with that in this fight) and Lifesteal 2. I have created a nice little area below the battlefield where I have incense set up that supplies Regeneration 2, Strength 2, Resistance 2 and Speed 2 essentially indefinitely (25min+ at a time). I also have 18 hearts from various canisters and could potentially make more by downgrading some yellows, but honestly the initial life pool is borderline irrelevant. It's all about how fast you can keep healing yourself over time.

On two out of my three attempts so far I managed to get to the monster spam part (which is actually the easiest part for me, since my lifesteal sword guarantees I will have full HP pretty much as long as I can keep hitting stuff), but after that? No chance. I just can't catch him anymore, not even with Haste boots and Speed potion effect combined.

What am I supposed to do here?

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019

I have terrasteel armor with Protection 4 on all pieces, haste 3 on boots, thorns 2 on legs. I have a manyullyn longsword which will do 11 hearts of damage per strike (or 16.5 while sprinting, but good luck with that in this fight) and Lifesteal 2. I have created a nice little area below the battlefield where I have incense set up that supplies Regeneration 2, Strength 2, Resistance 2 and Speed 2 essentially indefinitely (25min+ at a time). I also have 18 hearts from various canisters and could potentially make more by downgrading some yellows, but honestly the initial life pool is borderline irrelevant. It's all about how fast you can keep healing yourself over time.

On two out of my three attempts so far I managed to get to the monster spam part (which is actually the easiest part for me, since my lifesteal sword guarantees I will have full HP pretty much as long as I can keep hitting stuff), but after that? No chance. I just can't catch him anymore, not even with Haste boots and Speed potion effect combined.

I usually just hang around the beacon, he likes to warp there often enough that I can finish him off.

laod

Jul 29, 2019
Any tips on getting a BC Lumberjack robot to work? I already have 2 harvest robots working, and I think I've set up everything identically for the LJ but in a different work area. It just sits there on the docking station and never goes to work. I have one gate set to work in the area when redstone is off, and another to go to station when redstone is on. I've tried growing vanilla and EBXL trees.

They're a little bit buggy. They CAN use tinker's tools. Set up their home station with a gate. Make sure you have a gate programmer handy. Set the gate up however you want (I like work in area on low and return to station on high) then save the settings to the gate programmer and clear the gate. Put a chest nearby with an emerald or wooden pipe with a station and a gate. Set that gate to provide items. Put your tinker's hatchet in there. Put the robot on the first station. It should immediately go and grab the hatchet and head off to destroy your witchery grove or something equally obnoxious... before that happens restore the gate settings to the first gate and it should start doing what you want.

a.png

b.png

c.png

d.png

e.png

There we go!

f.png

Oh you jerk!

g.png

Here we go!

h.png

Last edited:

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: Sungak and JazParks

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I usually just hang around the beacon, he likes to warp there often enough that I can finish him off.

That actually shortens my survival time, as it turns out, because the beacon is pretty much permanently covered in purple stuff that just whithers me dead. He also didn't teleport there more than once for the entire time I managed to stay alive. Yet from the looks of it I need to hit him at least ten times to get through the final few HP.

This fight has really been getting on my nerves even since the base version. Just what was Vazkii thinking...

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019

Potion of Shielding, Golden Apples and I usually use the Terrablade and keep spamming the ranged attack at him as well. And as rivest said just stay around the beacon.

Reactions: An0nymuS

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
That actually shortens my survival time, as it turns out, because the beacon is pretty much permanently covered in purple stuff that just whithers me dead. He also didn't teleport there more than once for the entire time I managed to stay alive. Yet from the looks of it I need to hit him at least ten times to get through the final few HP.

This fight has really been getting on my nerves even since the base version. Just what was Vazkii thinking...
I believe that I saw somewhere that Elementium Armor is very good when fighting the Gaia Guardian.
That's a manastar. It makes a very hard to see colored fog based on if the pool it's tied to is gaining or losing mana.
Oh, cool

Edit: OMG, the ninja's

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019

The Ring of Far Reach is quite helpful too. Oh and if you have any Infernal Wand from Thaumcraft in your inventory it will negate Wither effect completely.

Deme1983

Jul 29, 2019
If you have access have you tried installing the WorldEdit mod temporarily and using cut and paste to move it? That's pretty good at moving anything. Make sure to take a world backup before doing anything and IIRC you will need to be OP to use WorldEdit.

unfortunately I have no clue how to use world edit so I was hoping there was a config file I could just change then replace to get the portal to go away because it still works as the end portal even thou I had moved it

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
unfortunately I have no clue how to use world edit so I was hoping there was a config file I could just change then replace to get the portal to go away because it still works as the end portal even thou I had moved it
Maybe try to use MCEdit? Anyway how did you break the End Portal Frame? You're not supposed to be able to do that in vanilla.

M

MCteke

Hey, can someone please help??
I really want to play the regrowth modpack but whenever i want to play it comes to the 7th stage ( it says finishing up ) it closes minecraft and opens the ftb launcher again...
Can someone help please???
Thanks in advance.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, can someone please help??
I really want to play the regrowth modpack but whenever i want to play it comes to the 7th stage ( it says finishing up ) it closes minecraft and opens the ftb launcher again...
Can someone help please???
Thanks in advance.

Somewhere on your system is the log for the FTB Launcher. The tail end of that log (and possibly the entire log) should have some clues as to what glitched. I don't have the skill to fully interpret that log but I'm sure there are people here and on the FTB Launcher forum itself that do have those skills and can tell you what the launcher is unhappy about. Please copy the log to some sort of drop site and post the link here or put it between SPOILER markers so that only the people that want to will have to read a massive wall of text. Good luck