[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Shifty

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, not sure where to post bug's or if you already know about it, but Bibliocraft's clipboard is not saving at all for me, I'm playing on a server that uses 0.8.4.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
So my shoulder is immobilized. Time to see if I can get regrowth to play OK over my steam link.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is the right place to post a bug report but with the world anchor in place, when you exit a world and try to go back in it crashes the pack, regardless of entering immediately or hours later. http://pastebin.com/1P5Uuw6L

I've got world anchors all over the place now, mostly cheated-in admin types so I don't have to keep feeding them ender pearls, but I've never had this issue crop up. That being said, you'll want to go to the logs folder and post the fml-client-latest instead - the crash report isn't always helpful since it tells you exactly which function crashed, but often doesn't tell you why it crashed. Do you have any formed multiblocks that might be partially in unloaded chunks? Offhand I know that Agricraft, Railcraft, and Thaumcraft all have multiblocks that may not like being partially loaded. Also, you might try some kind of editor to remove the chunkloader and see if you can load the world after that.

Bull_Boy

Jul 29, 2019
This is my third time asking for help. My world is missing can someone help

Take it easy. This is an open thread, people will help if and when they are able to. Have patience, but know you won't always get a response to every enquiry..

As for your problem, your world will be saved in your Curse install directory. By default I believe this is in your My Documents folder. In there somewhere should be an 'Instances' folder, and your pack should be in the 'Saves' folder. Sorry I can't be more specific, I'm not in front of my gaming machine ATM. Did you give your world a specific name? That will make it easier to find the right save folder.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best way to auto-farm crops? Derpy Thaumcraft Golems, RF starving Robots, or can Forestry farms even farm them?

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting close to finish all the quests. What an awesome modpack, one the best ones I have played, if not the best. Congratulations to the creators

I have a couple of questions about witchery:
* I never saw a witch hunter. I have been playing normally, including some "run in the dark killing mobs when getting bored" and I thought it will spawn eventually. But nothing so far. Could I do something to make it spawn?
* The demon in the mirror always says I'm the fairest. I moved it close to a pseudo village I'm a creating, with like 5 or 6 villagers. What can I do to improve the chances of that NPC spawning? I don't want to kill the demon inside until I have a hearth of gold, so I'm kinda stuck.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Take it easy. This is an open thread, people will help if and when they are able to. Have patience, but know you won't always get a response to every enquiry..

As for your problem, your world will be saved in your Curse install directory. By default I believe this is in your My Documents folder. In there somewhere should be an 'Instances' folder, and your pack should be in the 'Saves' folder. Sorry I can't be more specific, I'm not in front of my gaming machine ATM. Did you give your world a specific name? That will make it easier to find the right save folder.

He's got the world-save located -
I was playing the other day and i had to go out so i closed the game properly and shut down my pc, but when I returned i booted up my oc and opened regrowth a d my world was missing. I checked the .minecraft file through the curse client (that is the only launcher that works) amd it was there. I dont know if this was a bug or if my world just got corrupted some how.

I'm guessing that it's not showing up on the game-select screen?

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best way to auto-farm crops? Derpy Thaumcraft Golems, RF starving Robots, or can Forestry farms even farm them?
I've been using robots lately as they are interesting. They don't use much rf. I made a few mekanism heat generators buried in lava source blocks and it was plenty to run a small patch of crops for specific purposes, like a tnt farm for my mana gen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

miss_undastood

Jul 29, 2019
I've got world anchors all over the place now, mostly cheated-in admin types so I don't have to keep feeding them ender pearls, but I've never had this issue crop up. That being said, you'll want to go to the logs folder and post the fml-client-latest instead - the crash report isn't always helpful since it tells you exactly which function crashed, but often doesn't tell you why it crashed. Do you have any formed multiblocks that might be partially in unloaded chunks? Offhand I know that Agricraft, Railcraft, and Thaumcraft all have multiblocks that may not like being partially loaded. Also, you might try some kind of editor to remove the chunkloader and see if you can load the world after that.
Hey yeah I check by removing the anchor block closing and opening the world is perfect, if i place it back down and close and open it it crashes.
Is there a way to post the log, here the file is the wrong extention (.log) and too long for pastebin

Had a friend test the issue and same results

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting close to finish all the quests. What an awesome modpack, one the best ones I have played, if not the best. Congratulations to the creators

I have a couple of questions about witchery:
* I never saw a witch hunter. I have been playing normally, including some "run in the dark killing mobs when getting bored" and I thought it will spawn eventually. But nothing so far. Could I do something to make it spawn?

You have to do witchery stuff, cursing and such "evilnes" to attract the hunters to appear next to you.
Best way to do that is to make a simply voodoo-doll and taglock it to yourself and use it for some time. From what I can tell it just "pushes" you around a lil bit. Then you have to wait and at some time after using the doll the hunters will spawn near you.

Never done the mirror-thing of witchery yet, so cannot help there :/

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
You have to do witchery stuff, cursing and such "evilnes" to attract the hunters to appear next to you.
Best way to do that is to make a simply voodoo-doll and taglock it to yourself and use it for some time. From what I can tell it just "pushes" you around a lil bit. Then you have to wait and at some time after using the doll the hunters will spawn near you.

Thanks, that's the kind of trick I was looking for :)

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using robots lately as they are interesting. They don't use much rf. I made a few mekanism heat generators buried in lava source blocks and it was plenty to run a small patch of crops for specific purposes, like a tnt farm for my mana gen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I just want to point out that for the heat generators, they don't need to be lava source blocks, you could place a source on top and have it flow around it for example, running a cable out a side or bottom. (posted images a few pages back with an example)

Hey yeah I check by removing the anchor block closing and opening the world is perfect, if i place it back down and close and open it it crashes.
Is there a way to post the log, here the file is the wrong extention (.log) and too long for pastebin

Had a friend test the issue and same results
You could save it as a .txt file, confirm the change and upload that if it lets you. (it'll warn you about changing file types, ignore it it won't hurt the file.)

Thanks, that's the kind of trick I was looking for :)
Can confirm that works, it's what I did. On a side note mirrors are wonderful for use as elevators. Vertically placed up to 15 blocks apart (16 blocks if you count top of higher one to bottom of lower) placing them on the same side of a vertical column they allow you to pass through them as if you stepped through a one block space (near instant, no loading). Placing back to back up to 16 blocks apart back to back will allow you to pass through it as well.

Empty mirrors are also a portable storage space. You could place down chests etc and carry it around for large storage. A mirror placed on the wall of a hollow mirror with an altar nearby outside will let you pass through the wall into other mirror spaces as well (bring a second to link a way back out, won't need altar power after that).

Having a mirror with a demon as well as uninhabited ones are nice. There's certain benefits to the demon inhabited one, eg duplication grenades which act as distractions when thrown as well as the heart of gold location. And if multiplayer, tells you the last to pass by other than you.

On the topic of heart of gold. There is no way to increase the chance of spawning them, however if you make a small village with vanilla doors (so they can repopulate) you'll get them eventually. Another option is to kill off villagers if you have a full village, so they start repopulating.

It's really just an RNG thing, so hope RNGesus smiles on you.

For more info, the voodoo-doll will let you cause drowning damage if you hold it under water, if you shift+right click with bone needles in your inventory it will stab it dealing damage, using it on lava will ignite the target and destroy the voodoo-doll, and swinging around/right click charging will push the target around.

AutodidacticPhD

Jul 29, 2019
So, the pack includes Millenaire, which is cool, but the worldgen is 100% wasteland biomes only and the "creation quest" relies on there being other biomes to progress... so, are the in mod quests just a non-starter? I mean, the Sadhu only spawn in forest biomes and the Alchemist in extreme hills. And before anyone suggests witchery, they also only spawn in unexplored chunks. Is this fixed in the configs somehow? Are we waiting for a pack update to tweak these quests? I don't want to go generating thousands of new chunks (and a bloated save file) for no reason.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
So, the pack includes Millenaire, which is cool, but the worldgen is 100% wasteland biomes only and the "creation quest" relies on there being other biomes to progress... so, are the in mod quests just a non-starter? I mean, the Sadhu only spawn in forest biomes and the Alchemist in extreme hills. And before anyone suggests witchery, they also only spawn in unexplored chunks. Is this fixed in the configs somehow? Are we waiting for a pack update to tweak these quests? I don't want to go generating thousands of new chunks (and a bloated save file) for no reason.
Technically they're part of the worldgen, and not spawning systems. There is a "Creation wand" or something like it that allows you to create a village, but is much further into the pack. A scroll of each of the 4 types crafted from 6 knowledge fragments each, a primordial orb (forgot exact name), a blood infused stick, and something else I forgot.

Millenaire isn't aimed at early game in this pack, but very late in.

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
* The demon in the mirror always says I'm the fairest. I moved it close to a pseudo village I'm a creating, with like 5 or 6 villagers. What can I do to improve the chances of that NPC spawning?
From my experience, it's pointless to have a village/villagers around. The Fairest spawning is an RNG-based event and it's independent of villages. I had my Fairest spawn far, far away from any of my blood juice boxes villagers. I'm afraid you just have to keep clicking the mirror every time you pass it.

AutodidacticPhD

Jul 29, 2019
Technically they're part of the worldgen, and not spawning systems. There is a "Creation wand" or something like it that allows you to create a village, but is much further into the pack. A scroll of each of the 4 types crafted from 6 knowledge fragments each, a primordial orb (forgot exact name), a blood infused stick, and something else I forgot.

Millenaire isn't aimed at early game in this pack, but very late in.

I think you misunderstand. I got the wand already and used it to spawn both a Hindi and a Norman village. Millenaire has quests within the mod itself, and they require there to be other biomes in the world. The quests cause NPCs named "Sadhu" and "The Alchemist" to appear in newly created chunks in certain biomes after being told about them by Millenaire villagers. My question is, has *that* been fixed?

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
I think you misunderstand. I got the wand already and used it to spawn both a Hindi and a Norman village. Millenaire has quests within the mod itself, and they require there to be other biomes in the world. The quests cause NPCs named "Sadhu" and "The Alchemist" to appear in newly created chunks in certain biomes after being told about them by Millenaire villagers. My question is, has *that* been fixed?
Ah, I see. I don't have any info on that, sorry.