[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Kroptik

Jul 29, 2019
I really dislike the curse client, so I can't help you there. I highly suggest using the FTB Launcher, it works very well and has a separate console window that you can swap over to and check if needed. Also means it usually keeps a better log on crashes.

Like I said above...

Well this didn't work. I'm still getting the same problem by using the FTB launcher...
It's such a weird bug, it's almost like I'm losing connection to the server (I know Minecraft sort of runs like a server, even on single player, but I shouldn't lose connection to my own computer).

I'm not even sure a console will help, since the game itself doesn't crash until I force-close it, even when I can't interact with anything I could still leave the game open and it wouldn't crash/freeze.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Like I said above...

I'm not even sure a console will help, since the game itself doesn't crash until I force-close it, even when I can't interact with anything I could still leave the game open and it wouldn't crash/freeze.
Sorry, I completely missed that post.

Assuming this happens with a new world as well? If not it might a corrupted chunk or world. I don't know what to tell you, maybe someone else will have a better idea.

The console with the drop-down boxes set to "debug" and "minecraft" may point out what the issue is as it doesn't require a crash to display. The last thing displayed when you can no longer interact could help but I'm not sure.

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, Held Osmium ore, Nether Osmium ore, Osmium Ingot, and Osmium block. Still nothing.
I think your Mechanist reputation has to be 70 - mine is and I have the chapter unlocked now, but I know it wasn't unlocked before. I've also got 90% of Chapter 5 completed so you'll have to do a lot of that still.

I thought about what happens if it unlocked earlier, but I realized that if it did unlock significantly earlier, one might never use a railcraft boiler at all.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
I think your Mechanist reputation has to be 70 - mine is and I have the chapter unlocked now, but I know it wasn't unlocked before. I've also got 90% of Chapter 5 completed so you'll have to do a lot of that still.

I thought about what happens if it unlocked earlier, but I realized that if it did unlock significantly earlier, one might never use a railcraft boiler at all.
All of the non mek power gen went direct to a chest. Until I started in automating Mek with AE a couple of manaflux fields were more than sufficient power.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
All of the non mek power gen went direct to a chest. Until I started in automating Mek with AE a couple of manaflux fields were more than sufficient power.

I don't use the fluxfield because I rather like railcraft boilers. I could use it, I've got 40 endoflames eating coal blocks feeding into a bank of about 30 besparked pools. 32 total coal crops feeding into that seems to generate a slow surplus of essence. Anyway, the fluxfield is supposedly inefficient but the code is either saying 1 mana produces 10 RF or 10 mana produces 1 RF and I'm not really sure which is the case, just from reading the code.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019

I don't use the fluxfield because I rather like railcraft boilers. I could use it, I've got 40 endoflames eating coal blocks feeding into a bank of about 30 besparked pools. 32 total coal crops feeding into that seems to generate a slow surplus of essence. Anyway, the fluxfield is supposedly inefficient but the code is either saying 1 mana produces 10 RF or 10 mana produces 1 RF and I'm not really sure which is the case, just from reading the code.
My annoyance is the lack of power storage before Mek...unless I'm missing something other than the Mariculture batteries...

EDIT: Other than storing steam in tanks or as mana for a fluxfield and turning on/off as needed

Last edited:

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
My concern isn't coal cost. It simplicity. I will always have a decent mana setup by the time I need RF, similar to what you describe, so by adding one block I have a 1600 rf/tick power gen by adding as little as one block rarely more than three. No pumps no pipes no warmup no giant multi block.

When I start neededing constant rf in larger quantities and effecency might be a concern is when I can build an eythelyne setup, which used to be endgame power in this pack and is still the best bridge to fusion.

Reactions: Draconicrose

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
My annoyance is the lack of power storage before Mek...unless I'm missing something other than the Mariculture batteries...

EDIT: Other than storing steam in tanks or as mana for a fluxfield and turning on/off as needed
You can create a pseudo-battery by making loops of buildcraft pipes. They should fill to capacity and stay that way until you need more power than you're generating

Valgaav

Jul 29, 2019

Got myself to 70 Mechanist and it unlocked. thanks.

On a related note, not sure if bug or working as intended. I recently enchanted my Terrasteel helmet, and one of the enchants I got on it was Respiration 3. I did a little bit of testing, and while the bubbles still disappear as fast as they ever did, I never seem to start taking damage, I kept myself submerged for several minutes (actually walked away from the computer and made breakfast) and never took any damage.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Got myself to 70 Mechanist and it unlocked. thanks.

On a related note, not sure if bug or working as intended. I recently enchanted my Terrasteel helmet, and one of the enchants I got on it was Respiration 3. I did a little bit of testing, and while the bubbles still disappear as fast as they ever did, I never seem to start taking damage, I kept myself submerged for several minutes (actually walked away from the computer and made breakfast) and never took any damage.

I noticed that happening sometimes with the Ring of Chordata as well.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
The dragon is now officially confused/stumped. I updated my server to 8.4 (works fine now after I found the proper sized hammer!). I collected all the things the FAQ (and people on the board) said that I needed to hold, grabbed the HQM edit book and proceeded to re-level. Note: The order you complete quests and when you hold things matters, complete the quest then hold the item the quest gives access to, i.e. complete copper seeds then hold a copper bar. I have the book back to where it was in 8.0 except the 4 Botania quests in chapter 9. The Life of the World. My Arcanist rep is 81, Mechanist is 47, and Geneticist is 21. Is there a different hammer I need to wake these quests up?

By the way, FML got snarky over the player and build data imported from 8.0. Had to do "/FML continue" from the console to make it get over its snit and finish loading.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So deadwood is a 2x2 px texture for me =(

The big pink and black texture? Try adjusting the settings for Anisotropic Filtering in your Graphics Options. That has worked for a number of people, although the precise setting seems to vary.

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
no, not the pink/black
2015-12-01_22.43.078puvz.png

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Any difference in the Deadwood blocks that contain coal? Or do they have the same buggy texture?

Looking at the full-sized version of the picture, there are a few of the stubby trees to the left of center (those usually have the scorched wood, in my experience). They look identical to the other deadwood blocks.