[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Silvery

Jul 29, 2019
I was doing some late witchery quests in "How the World Changes" chapter. It turned out I cannot complete the quest "Brand new fetishes".
I crafted the Scarecrow as expected, added Voodoo Protection on it... and the quest does not detect it. I tried cycling through the different modes to change the metadata and still, the quest does not detect it.

Has anyone already completed this quest? I'd like not to be stuck if possible.

I'm having the same problem, can't get the quest book to recognize I have made a voodoo protection scarecrow. Help, please?

DinantHonings

Jul 29, 2019
Did you do the Thaumonomicon quest in Chapter 4?
Did you do the Witchery quest line (Chapter 10) through Guard Tree (craft a Treefyd seed)?

As far as I know, those are the gates for Thuamcraft.

Did you do the Thaumonomicon quest in Chapter 4?
Did you do the Witchery quest line (Chapter 10) through Guard Tree (craft a Treefyd seed)?

As far as I know, those are the gates for Thuamcraft.

Yes, I've done all that.

This is coming off of a crash that required me to delete my HQM data. I was much further along in the quests but when I redid them it wouldn't unlock past this point.

There's obviously some other hidden requirement here. I'm starting to think it's tied to researching the things in the first place maybe?

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I've done all that.

This is coming off of a crash that required me to delete my HQM data. I was much further along in the quests but when I redid them it wouldn't unlock past this point.

There's obviously some other hidden requirement here. I'm starting to think it's tied to researching the things in the first place maybe?
If you're desperate (and ok with spoilers), set UseEditor=true in config/hqm/editmode.cfg - this will give you the dev book and show all the quest dependencies so you can find which you are missing.

DinantHonings

Jul 29, 2019
If you're desperate (and ok with spoilers), set UseEditor=true in config/hqm/editmode.cfg - this will give you the dev book and show all the quest dependencies so you can find which you are missing.

That is exactly what I needed.

It wasn't detecting my Iron Capped Wand as valid, presumably cause it had vis in it. I thought I had created a new one, but I guess I didn't, or it didn't detect for some reason.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Gentlebeings,

The dragon has finally gotten around to building a new 8.4 server (running in parallel with the 8.0 server (Devout and Practicing Coward)). My question for the assembled mind (because I am also a bit of a lazy dragon) is: What files absolutely have to copy over from the 8.0 level save to the new 8.4 level save to preserve our builds and goodies? Wholesale copy of the level doesn't work, 8.4 gets...testy! The server is running and I copied the DIM directories from 8.0, but it still spawns me nekked and unarmed into world spawn and none of the builds are there. There is a directory called playerdata that I need to copy, and probably should get the ones called stats and data. Are there any others that I have missed? Stopping the server, searching for files and folders that seem good candidates, copying them, restarting the server, and logging in to see what is missing is a bit time consuming. After all, there are villages to burn, cows and pigs to roast, nubile maidens to chase...oops, was that in the outside voice?

Noiro

Jul 29, 2019
Do i win at Regrowth yet?
Also, can someone tell me why mark of the falling tower with a nether star creates such a small meteor? It should be much bigger.
daa0e95662dc45712c79c7504825b892.png

Last edited:

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
Been doing some testing, and I'm not sold on the Ethylene solution yet - at least as a first source of Mek power. Its much easier (especially with the quests) to start in Bio Gen, and then supplement with Hydrogen as a nice byproduct of 3x processing.

Curious to hear (and see) what is required to get there in an efficient manner. A starter setup would be best to see, as I still manual craft (yes, even the circuits!), and want to get a general feel for how much resources/time I need to commit at a minimum.

Thanks in advance. :)

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Been doing some testing, and I'm not sold on the Ethylene solution yet - at least as a first source of Mek power. Its much easier (especially with the quests) to start in Bio Gen, and then supplement with Hydrogen as a nice byproduct of 3x processing.

Curious to hear (and see) what is required to get there in an efficient manner. A starter setup would be best to see, as I still manual craft (yes, even the circuits!), and want to get a general feel for how much resources/time I need to commit at a minimum.

I am fairly sure you are losing energy on the hydrogen. If you are not TPL will probably fix that since it isn't supposed to work.

Eythelyne is one machine more than hydrogen and bio. And you can run 70 gas gens off of the eythelyne from one 5x crusher 3x prc and 1x eelctic separator. Bio gens take far far more bio file hungry.

My power path is manafluxfield-> eythelyne -> fusion (or that is the plan)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019

Good thing about Ethylene is that it produces double the rf/t than hydrogen (I think it's double) and is used up -way- slower than hydrogen.
I have a simple setup for it (so 1 pump for water, 1 electrolytic seperator, 1 crusher (as basic factory) and 1 of the machine which name I have forgotten, which produces the ethylene) and at the moment I power 14 gas-burning generators with this setup for almost 4k RF/t and that all just with a single 3x3 field of wheat (10 growth, 10 gain) which is constantly harvested by a forestry farm (and I get more wheat than I use in the setup from these 9 plants).

Two things to say to that:
- I still fill the pressure-tubes and a gas-tank with this setup, so technically I could even add more gas-burning generators.
- None of the machines have any speed-upgrade inside yet. So all just with the very basic machine speed (besides the crusher which is a factory, but actually only uses 1-line of work... so a factory is actually not needed)

So Ethylene is a very cost-effective (you only need energy and wheat/other bio-ressource to crush into biofuel) way to power your base. And really powerful aswell, since you need a very little setup to get huge amounts of energy.

Deme1983

Jul 29, 2019
hey there im having issues with Botania mana producing flowers they turn into bushes in under 2 min they are basically worthless now to me so botania is worthless atm in my playthru I made dayblooms and they lasted 2 min then I made hydrangeas and those lasted 1 min 30 sec give or take how can I fix this ? is there a config I can change to reduce or remove the decay of the flowers ?

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Been doing
some testing, and I'm not sold on the Ethylene solution yet - at least as a first source of Mek power. Its much easier (especially with the quests) to start in Bio Gen, and then supplement with Hydrogen as a nice byproduct of 3x processing.

I am fairly sure you are losing energy on the hydrogen. If you are not TPL will probably fix that since it isn't supposed to work.

Eythelyne is one machine more than hydrogen and bio. And you can run 70 gas gens off of the eythelyne from one 5x crusher 3x prc and 1x eelctic separator. Bio gens take far far more bio file hungry.

My power path is manafluxfield-> eythelyne -> fusion (or that is the plan)

For early non-mana fluxfield power I suggest Mekanism Heat Generators. Easy and cheap to make, can use compact and stackable chambers. The most expensive component early on is the single osmium ingot per generator, the other components are 2 planks, 3 iron, 2 copper, and a furnace.

10 Heat generators, 5 per side. The cobblestone strips are to make sure it doesn't overflow as well as for personal safety.
890db78a5df23c16972b1f8ed2fa1be1.png

05c8f4ebb2af68bb3b932928881692ca.png
Minimal Design, The glowstone strips can be any type or solid blocks. They are there to hold the lava back and maintain minimal space usage.
d77b0c38982bab1a1fbcde453fea2059.png

0b47a3a0c2ab5945837a20d9815c7f87.png

6a8f32ffd0e25a3a51705c5601ccd970.png

In other news, I was trying to get blood into my smeltery to make pokefennium for tool rods (x3 handle modifier) and had one of my coven witches decide to pop in to assist me.
e7329f2a5d205e819e3a06b918ad8672.png

And then there's the other times...
e9b1055bfa8225d9205aeae8e8331575.png

hey there im having issues with Botania mana producing flowers they turn into bushes in under 2 min they are basically worthless now to me so botania is worthless atm in my playthru I made dayblooms and they lasted 2 min then I made hydrangeas and those lasted 1 min 30 sec give or take how can I fix this ? is there a config I can change to reduce or remove the decay of the flowers ?
The config setting for decaying flowers was removed. They are supposed to last about 3 minecraft days (Daybloom, Nightshade, Hydroangea only, the rest do not decay). They are intended to get you to the first non-decaying one, the endo flame. (hydro really needs to be altered now though...ignore it)

Last edited:

fefocwb

Jul 29, 2019

Nope, passive flowers are gone since some botania upgrades ago, suggest you go with endoflames or other non passive setup...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deme1983

Jul 29, 2019
I would goto Endoflames but I cant produce coal or charcoal at the moment so day/nightblooms and hydroangeas are all that I have to work with. so there is no way to alter it in the config to increase the time or even remove the decay ?

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, no. The Botania mod author has definite ideas on how he wants his mod played and put in the decay so that people would not be able to get unlimited free mana. He originally set the default to 3 mine craft days or so, but had a config option to allow this to be changed. TPC set the default to 5 mine craft days in Regrowth, but there was a config setting to turn off decay altogether, which a lot of people took advantage of. This apparantly annoyed the Botania author so he took the config option out completely. I have no idea what his default decay is, but it sounds like it is VERY short. The only thing you can do is create some of the other types of generating flowers (a lot of us use endoflames) and figure out some way of keeping them supplied with whatever fuel they use.

Deme1983

Jul 29, 2019
but like I said in my first post they arnt even lasting 3 or 5 minecraft days I get mabe 2 min in total real time then they decay so either I have a glitch or bug where the decay is increased

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
but like I said in my first post they arnt even lasting 3 or 5 minecraft days I get mabe 2 min in total real time then they decay so either I have a glitch or bug where the decay is increased
The only thing I can suggest for that is to try a forced reload of Regrowth and see if that fixes it.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
I would goto Endoflames but I cant produce coal or charcoal at the moment so day/nightblooms and hydroangeas are all that I have to work with. so there is no way to alter it in the config to increase the time or even remove the decay ?
Wait how can you make a mana pool without a furnace?

Reactions: fimbrethil

Deme1983

Jul 29, 2019
I have some charcoal from the dead trees I just cant mass produce charcoal / coal at the moment

also I have the mats for the copper seed in the altar and I cnat egtt he seed to finish I see the lightning going but when I click with my wand of the forrest nothing works ive tried right clicking he wand with a seed , magical essence seed, and living rock on top but nothing works and the recipe does not show how to get the seed to finish