[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I agree with the above advice. Went a bit overboard unlocking things in TC, and ended up spending all my Aer. :( Thankfully I have enough of what I need for now, to get what I was trying to do (a couple golems to automate some Hobgoblins).

Also working toward a livingwood wand, though that requires a bit of running around while I gather the basic vis resources to get some infrastructure up. And a bunch more rune crafting (thankfully automated in a semi-vanilla way).

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Yeah, I agree with the above advice. Went a bit overboard unlocking things in TC, and ended up spending all my Aer. :( Thankfully I have enough of what I need for now, to get what I was trying to do (a couple golems to automate some Hobgoblins).

Deconstruction Table for the win. Toss a stack of Crafting Tables in there and you'll get a bunch of research points for all the primary essentia.

Korenn

Jul 29, 2019
Pro Tip: If you've completed all of category 5 but still don't have enough Mechanist reputation to unlock the certus quartz seed quests, make sure you actually *turn in* the quests!

We completed most of what was possible to do before we realised we had to collect all the useless rewards we still had waiting on us in order to get the reputation...

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Pro Tip: If you've completed all of category 5 but still don't have enough Mechanist reputation to unlock the certus quartz seed quests, make sure you actually *turn in* the quests!

We completed most of what was possible to do before we realised we had to collect all the useless rewards we still had waiting on us in order to get the reputation...
Or make the lootflower from botania. All of the quest essences are dungeon loot and dropped by it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: An0nymuS

Teixi

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, the world went corrupted after putting down a Tier 4 blood tank on an auto-extracting mekanism pipes of mariculture's fish oil.
We had a Crucible furnace melting fishes, conected to an "extract-mode" fluid pipe (from mekanism, don't remember it's name) and that was going into a mariculture's tank (the ones with 16,000mb capacity). And then, another fluid pipe (from mekanism) extracting it to put it inside a DNA Extractor (the mariculture's tank was just a buffer).

Then i crafted the Tier 4 Blood Tank (from sanguimancy, the one with 128,000mb capacity) and my friend went to change the mariculture's one with that but right after he right-clicked to put it, the world crashed and now is unplayable.

I deleted the tank, the pipes, the dna extractor and stopped the ticks of all our base. I pressed ctrl+i and selected repair region with all our base chunks selected.
Nothing worked.

Here's the crash, it's always the same crash, the one after crashing for the first time and the next ones after trying to fix it:
http://pastebin.com/4ufRuLJ0

Any thoughts?

-----------READ HERE--------------
EDIT: I was able to reproduce the crash in creative. This is the setup (enlarged to make it easier to see): http://i.imgur.com/ED4qerf.png (the DNA Injector on the right side doesn't do anything, i just put it to be sure because in our server it's just at the dna extractor's side)
That's what we had BEFORE the crash.

I tried to reproduce it by changing the tank to the sanguimancy's one and it didn't crash (the tank just taken from the NEI menu, so, like if i just crafted it, when the tanks stack)

The fact is that when you PUT IT and TAKE IT, the next time you try to PUT IT, the world crashes. And what's more, when you put the tank (the x64 stackable one) and break it, you receive "another" version of the tank, and it doesn't stack (like water buckets, for example). Then when you put this "version" of the tank is when the game crashes with the above error.

So, now at least i know WHY it crashes but i still don't know how to fix it, because like i said, i already deleted the tank, the tubes and the dna extractor with MCEdit and it still crashes.

------------READ HERE TOO-----------
EDIT_2: I tested a little bit more. This time i tested with buildcraft pipes (emerald with basic gates making energy pulses). Those seems to not have any problem.

Then i tested again with Mekanism pipes (with the Ultimates instead of the ones i had in the base). I put 2 tanks, 1 pipe in between and everything was fine.
Then i configured them with the Configurator. Clicked and changed it to "pull" (i don't know exactly if it's called pull. I mean the mode wich makes the pipe introduce the liquid in the tank) in the filled tank side. No problem. Clicked again and changed it to "push" (again i don't know if it's called push. This time i mean the mode that makes the pipe extract the liquid from the tank) and BOOM, byebye client.

So, it's an incompatibility with Mekanism fluid pipes when you configure them to auto-extract and sanguimancy tanks.

EDIT_3: Tested it this time with insterting the liquid into the tank instead of extracting and it crashes too.
I put 2 tanks, 1 full, 1 empty and configured the pipe to insert liquid into the empty tank and he just didn't do anything. Then i put a mariculture's tank with water and configured to extract from there, so the pipes would be full of liquid. Then i put the empty sanguimancy tank on the other side with the pipe configured to insert of it and now it had liquid, it crashed after trying to insert the liquid into the sanguimancy tank.
So, it directly doesn't detect them properly as a tank.

Well, now that i know that mekanism pipes can't be used with sanguimancy tanks, i know that i have to use buildcraft pipes for it if i want a huge buffer for the dna extractor (sigh...they suck so hard... only 40mb/t extract rate...). I don't know if it's mekanism's fault or sanguimancy's fault. After all, sanguimancy's tanks work with other pipes and mekanism's pipes work with other tanks. I will post on their respective githubs if i find them, but i still ask here how to fix my corrupted world because, after all, it's on regrowth modpack where i have this problem and now that i got millenaire's villages it would be sad losing the world...

Last edited:

Bl4ck5t4r

Jul 29, 2019
I can not seem to level up werewolf form to level 9 because it requires you to travel to 16 different locations and howl... Doing this no matter where I go it says "You feel as if you've already been here". So how do I complete this?
Level Werewolf abilities
1 Player turns into Wolf Form on the night of a full moon, and returns to human form at other times
2 Player can carry a Moon Charm to prevent forced transformation, and use it to force transformation at will. Killing sheep in Wolf or Wolfman Form can result in Raw Lambchops being dropped.
3 Wolf Form gains the ability to instantly dig earth and sand (and occasionally find bones)
4 Kills from Wolf or Wolfman form will now be eaten, replenishing hunger loss
5 Player can now additionally transform to Wolfman Form using a Moon Charm (while sneaking)
6 Hitting while sprinting in Wolf of Wolfman form will now cause additional damage (crit from the air more so)
7 Wolfman Form gains the ability to sneak use (shift right-click) while looking straight up to howl and stun nearby creatures
8 Wolf Form gains the ability to sneak use (shift right-click) while looking straight up to howl to summon temporary wolf allies
9 Wolfman Form gains the ability to rend armor
10 Causing almost fatal damage while in Wolfman or Wolf Forms can now spread the curse to players or villagers. This can be disabled for player to player transmission by setting the configuration option: B:AllowPlayerToPlayerWolfInfection=false.

Bl4ck5t4r

Jul 29, 2019
I can not seem to level up werewolf form to level 9 because it requires you to travel to 16 different locations and howl... Doing this no matter where I go it says "You feel as if you've already been here". So how do I complete this?
Level Werewolf abilities
1 Player turns into Wolf Form on the night of a full moon, and returns to human form at other times
2 Player can carry a Moon Charm to prevent forced transformation, and use it to force transformation at will. Killing sheep in Wolf or Wolfman Form can result in Raw Lambchops being dropped.
3 Wolf Form gains the ability to instantly dig earth and sand (and occasionally find bones)
4 Kills from Wolf or Wolfman form will now be eaten, replenishing hunger loss
5 Player can now additionally transform to Wolfman Form using a Moon Charm (while sneaking)
6 Hitting while sprinting in Wolf of Wolfman form will now cause additional damage (crit from the air more so)
7 Wolfman Form gains the ability to sneak use (shift right-click) while looking straight up to howl and stun nearby creatures
8 Wolf Form gains the ability to sneak use (shift right-click) while looking straight up to howl to summon temporary wolf allies
9 Wolfman Form gains the ability to rend armor
10 Causing almost fatal damage while in Wolfman or Wolf Forms can now spread the curse to players or villagers. This can be disabled for player to player transmission by setting the configuration option: B:AllowPlayerToPlayerWolfInfection=false.

nvm my mouse likes to double click alot. I was able to complete the quest.

Jul 29, 2019
howdy!
first of all i love this new type of gameplay (firstime in hqm)
but me and my buddy run into some troubles we had some few accidents while testing some stuff and we kindah died a few times xD we wonder are there a way to reset the lives / get more?

thx for response :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
howdy!
first of all i love this new type of gameplay (firstime in hqm)
but me and my buddy run into some troubles we had some few accidents while testing some stuff and we kindah died a few times xD we wonder are there a way to reset the lives / get more?

thx for response :)

This particular modpack has no penalty for losing lives, other than a temporary 'Soul Fray' effect upon respawn. Unless you deliberately set it to Hardcore, you shouldn't have to worry.

Lior

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone please help me, i was playing about a week ago and i closed my game because i had to go out, when I returned, I opened the game and i noticed my world was missing, i checked the .minecraft file and the world was there. If it helps i run this on the curse client

DinantHonings

Jul 29, 2019
Any suggestions for getting unstuck in Thaumcraft? I had done the quests up to infusion crafting and was making the silverwood sceptre when I got one of the crashes that requires deleting the HQM data. I used the /hqm edit book to get back to where I was but now those quests won't open back up.

Arcanist reputation is 98, I've held all the items listed in the faq and a few others I've seen mentioned in the thread: thaumometer, shards, all my random thaumcraft stuff, etc etc.

As of right now I am 36% in with 9 quests unlocked (and complete)

So I've been watching let's plays to see if I can spot something simple that I'm missing. No luck so far, but I can clarify where I'm stuck.

I need to somehow unlock the quest for thaumium ingots, nitor, arcane alembic, infusion altar and magical cloth.

The magical cloth quest especially puzzles me, because from the images of the quest book I'm seeing in the videos it's a prerequisite for the thaumometer quest, which I have completed. I have all these items, have scanned them, researched them, re-crafted them and so on.

Can someone please tell me what I need to re-unlock them? Is there a script or somewhere in the code I can look to find out the unlock conditions?

This is super frustrating, I had been enjoying the pack so much but now I essentially can't progress any further.

HeraBulldog

Jul 29, 2019
How to do get tropacl to work?.. they can't handle the dry biomes.. do i have to wait until i get to alveary or is it a trick here?

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Im having an issue with my questbook, i've done every quest in chapter 2, book even says 27 quest complete, but its stuck at 97%...

Is there any way to fix this? :(

I've also been trying to figure this out (we had some conversations about this a few pages back). I logged on yesterday to play and suddenly noticed my Chapter 2 was complete, however, I haven't done ANYTHING since it was at 97%. /shrug.

I also noticed while watching Direwolf20's Regrowth series, he just posted his first video after upgrading to 0.8.4. In a previous video (episode 28) when he opens his questbook, Chapter 2 is 100%. However, when he opens it in episode 30 he even mentions that Chapter 2 is only at 97%. So I think this is a bug introduced in 0.8.4, but I don't know what the solution is either.

Jul 29, 2019
This particular modpack has no penalty for losing lives, other than a temporary 'Soul Fray' effect upon respawn. Unless you deliberately set it to Hardcore, you shouldn't have to worry.
well i did set it to hardcore before we started messing about, stupid as we are we forgot that.
so there is no way to "cheat" back the lives we lost?

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone please tell me what I need to re-unlock them? Is there a script or somewhere in the code I can look to find out the unlock conditions?

Did you do the Thaumonomicon quest in Chapter 4?
Did you do the Witchery quest line (Chapter 10) through Guard Tree (craft a Treefyd seed)?

As far as I know, those are the gates for Thuamcraft.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
How to do get tropacl to work?.. they can't handle the dry biomes.. do i have to wait until i get to alveary or is it a trick here?
As i recall Tropical bees work in Erie biomes made by sinister nodes. They may work in beach or ocean biomes as well.

Or my preferred is to use the acclimizer to make all my bees work anywhere.

http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Acclimatiser

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
well i did set it to hardcore before we started messing about, stupid as we are we forgot that.
so there is no way to "cheat" back the lives we lost?

Sure there is. HQM has a command to add lives. Not sure what it is off the top of my head, but type /hqm lives while playing to get help with the commands you are looking for.

HeraBulldog

Jul 29, 2019
As i recall Tropical bees work in Erie biomes made by sinister nodes. They may work in beach or ocean biomes as well.

Or my preferred is to use the acclimizer to make all my bees work anywhere.

http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Acclimatiser

They dont work on beach or ocean, guess i have to look for a erie biome then, i think i must go far from my base or build the acclimatiser.. thanks :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
They dont work on beach or ocean, guess i have to look for a erie biome then, i think i must go far from my base or build the acclimatiser.. thanks :)

Easy way to find an Eerie biome is to go out into the wasteland while it's raining on the ocean. Any biome other than Wasteland will show up as a patch of rain.