[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
So what's with all the random blocks being dropped all over the place? Limestone, Marble, Sand, Cracked Sand, dirt, cobble. Just random entities showing up out of nowhere. Sometimes it seems like they're literally falling from the sky(I actually saw it fall from nowhere). So what's making this happen? It's not endermen as they place the blocks or despawn taking the block with them.

EDIT: I'm also having a very difficult time finding Witches to kill. I've only seen one and it despawned before I could get to it.

Last edited:

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
So what's with all the random blocks being dropped all over the place? Limestone, Marble, Sand, Cracked Sand, dirt, cobble. Just random entities showing up out of nowhere. Sometimes it seems like they're literally falling from the sky(I actually saw it fall from nowhere). So what's making this happen? It's not endermen as they place the blocks or despawn taking the block with them.
Hungry node?
Just walk around. if something starts tossing you in the air. Then that is what it is.
Thanks for the answer everyone, but I think it is more than the nether portal bug, especially since the first portal is still alight and you can pass through it to the nether. With the chiseled torches suddenly going wonky and waila saying they are chiseled torches but <error> in description, I think something fundamentally went wrong when it supposedly restored the old version. Luckily I do have a backup of the world. I am going to attempt a restore.
Portals don't deactivate by other portals. You could have a hundred portals in the nether and a hundred in the overworld. They will only ever lead to the nether portal set that the game thinks are paired. So all the nether portals will lead to the same overworld portal. All overworld portals lead to the same nether portal.

Portals have to be really far apart to generate a second pairing. I think it is in like the thousands of blocks apart range.

Unrelated. Yet informative.
Nether Portal - The ?official? minecraft wiki

Reactions: Pudding01

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: I'm also having a very difficult time finding Witches to kill. I've only seen one and it despawned before I could get to it.

Do some exploring and search for a Witches circle. They have witch spawners around the central water source block (in the corners). Don't forget to click the dropper under the water for dungeon loot.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Hungry node?
Just walk around. if something starts tossing you in the air. Then that is what it is.
It's not nodes and it's not in one spot or anything. I can just run around in random directions and find entities on the ground.

Do some exploring and search for a Witches circle. They have witch spawners around the central water source block (in the corners). Don't forget to click the dropper under the water for dungeon loot.
Haven't been able to find any, and my exploring is what brought up my first question about random blocks all over the place.

Yet another question: How do you get quicksilver? Checking NEI, there's no way to get it other than already having them. I've tried planting a bunch of Silverwoods to see if they spawn around them, but nothing yet. I haven't seen a quest that gives them as a reward either.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
It's not nodes and it's not in one spot or anything. I can just run around in random directions and find entities on the ground.

Haven't been able to find any, and my exploring is what brought up my first question about random blocks all over the place.

Yet another question: How do you get quicksilver? Checking NEI, there's no way to get it other than already having them. I've tried planting a bunch of Silverwoods to see if they spawn around them, but nothing yet. I haven't seen a quest that gives them as a reward either.
Throw amber ore in a mana pool that is above a catalyst. Should be able to smelt the result into quicksilver. I'm probably wrong about that though.,

Hungry nodes can drop broken blocks for a few chunks in every direction.

Reactions: An0nymuS

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014

If I rember correctly, you can get amber ore, then use the alchemy catalyst to switch it to cinnabar ore, which smelts to quicksilver.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
The 0.8.4 update seems to have very serious negative impact on performance. I was running 150+fps in 0.8.3 and now the fps dropped below 50. Downgrading all updated mods to 0.8.3 versions didn't help. What else can can I do?
Add back in FastCraft

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
The joys and sorrows of Bee breeding, had all the conditions right for breeding Pure bees (Pure node i.e silverwood tree) so i logged off only to come back 2 days later to find a huge patch of taint, Turns out (according to the wiki) if there's an unstable node in an approximate area of 50 meters it has a chance to make flux bees instead, that in turn tainted the aura node used to breed the Vis bees and thus tainting my whole bee/tree breeding area (lost a couple of trees and had a taint swarm pod) Took out the swarm, Destroyed the node and used Ethereal Blooms cleared the taint which revert the biome back to wasteland making my bees stop functioning.
So yeah, that was a derp need to pay more attention.

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
How are people detecting AE2 seeds in a water pool to turn on crystal growth accelerators? I assume there's something I'm missing...

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I found an exploit.

Cook dead wood planks in a furnice, place the result down then break it. I placed 8 of them down and got 12 planks back, 5 charcoal, and some wood ash.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
How are people detecting AE2 seeds in a water pool to turn on crystal growth accelerators? I assume there's something I'm missing...
Use a hopperhawk to pickup the finished crystals and put them in a chest. Comparator off of the chest to cut power to the accelerator when there are items in the chest?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the answer everyone, but I think it is more than the nether portal bug, especially since the first portal is still alight and you can pass through it to the nether. With the chiseled torches suddenly going wonky and waila saying they are chiseled torches but <error> in description, I think something fundamentally went wrong when it supposedly restored the old version. Luckily I do have a backup of the world. I am going to attempt a restore.
Portals don't link. They start searching at their coordinates on the opposing dimension iaw the 1:8 rule and use the closest portal they find. Typically this means any overworld portals that are the least bit near by will connect to the same portal in the nether. While nether portals that aren't practically on top of each other wont see the same portal in the overworld.

If there is no portal in range it will make a new portal. When doing this it searches for a valid(enough room) place to put a portal. There are walls in the neather that can make for entire bedrock to bedrock columns invalid locations. If your first over world portal lined up with one of these your nether portal would get shifted to one side if it gets shifted far enough it won't see your overworld portal when you try and go back after a few min. If this happens it will make a new portal in the overworld. The first time this happened to me I ended up with a giant stack of broken portal frames floating above the ocean before I actually understood what was going on and moved the portal in the nether instead of breaking the "wrong" overworld portalframe.

Making portals at equivalent 1:8 coordinates will force them to connect every time. Try that in the nether for the overworld portal you want to use.

(Your current setup is one way to make a vanilla obsidian farm)

Chisle torches have always had ERROR in their waila for me BTW.

_Zeldaman_

Jul 29, 2019
Update on the world crash.

This is what sticks out to me in the log
[07:03:37] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to lookup chisel:cobblestoneWall for public static com.cricketcraft.chisel.block.BlockCarvableWall com.cricketcraft.chisel.init.ChiselBlocks.cobblestoneWall. Is there something wrong with the registry?
[07:03:37] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to lookup chisel:eek:bsidian2 for public static com.cricketcraft.chisel.block.BlockCarvable com.cricketcraft.chisel.init.ChiselBlocks.obsidian2. Is there something wrong with the registry?
[07:03:37] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to lookup chisel:voidstonerunic for public static com.cricketcraft.chisel.block.BlockCarvable com.cricketcraft.chisel.init.ChiselBlocks.voidstonerunic. Is there something wrong with the registry?
[07:03:37] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to lookup chisel:circuits for public static com.cricketcraft.chisel.block.BlockCarvable com.cricketcraft.chisel.init.ChiselBlocks.circuits. Is there something wrong with the registry?
[07:03:37] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied

So it is either Chisel (although I don't have any chiseled obsidian, void stone or circuits....) or it's multiblocks like my Coke Oven/Blast Furnace, but I haven't had any errors with them before

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Update on the world crash.

This is what sticks out to me in the log
[07:03:37] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to lookup chisel:cobblestoneWall for public static com.cricketcraft.chisel.block.BlockCarvableWall com.cricketcraft.chisel.init.ChiselBlocks.cobblestoneWall. Is there something wrong with the registry?
[07:03:37] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to lookup chisel:eek:bsidian2 for public static com.cricketcraft.chisel.block.BlockCarvable com.cricketcraft.chisel.init.ChiselBlocks.obsidian2. Is there something wrong with the registry?
[07:03:37] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to lookup chisel:voidstonerunic for public static com.cricketcraft.chisel.block.BlockCarvable com.cricketcraft.chisel.init.ChiselBlocks.voidstonerunic. Is there something wrong with the registry?
[07:03:37] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to lookup chisel:circuits for public static com.cricketcraft.chisel.block.BlockCarvable com.cricketcraft.chisel.init.ChiselBlocks.circuits. Is there something wrong with the registry?
[07:03:37] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied

So it is either Chisel (although I don't have any chiseled obsidian, void stone or circuits....) or it's multiblocks like my Coke Oven/Blast Furnace, but I haven't had any errors with them before

If this is anything like the problem I had, your world is unrecoverable. All of my block IDs got their values shifted by 145. Nothing was what it was supposed to be anymore, and the spontaneously disassembling multiblocks were keeping the world from starting.

koolcat_23

Jul 29, 2019
I am getting insane amounts of pigmen spawning next to my portal when I zone into the nether, not like 1 or 2 but upwards of 20+ and they are all automatically aggressive without me mining anything or hitting them. Help!

fefocwb

Jul 29, 2019
Does brine from Mekanism has any use on regrowth? Just built a solar evaporation plant but have no idea on what to use that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
I am getting insane amounts of pigmen spawning next to my portal when I zone into the nether, not like 1 or 2 but upwards of 20+ and they are all automatically aggressive without me mining anything or hitting them. Help!
Go far far far away like 2k meters . Make a new portal. Go in to the nether and chill for a bit. This should cause the ones near the other portal to despawn. Walking back to the other portal in the nether would make sure.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Does brine from Mekanism has any use on regrowth? Just built a solar evaporation plant but have no idea on what to use that

Its part of the 5x ore multiplication process. So in the absence of mining.... I am not aware of another use.

fefocwb

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if there is no use, the Mekanism quest to create it is useless...