[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
How do I power Buildcraft Robots with Mekanism powergen ? I tried that but it doesn't work :

EplOZxp.png

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
How do I power Buildcraft Robots with Mekanism powergen ? I tried that but it doesn't work :
Firstly - you still need a wooden or emerald kinesis pipe to pull from an energy cube.
Secondly - check the cube is set to output on that side.

EDIT: Seems I were a fair bit too slow, what i get for opening tabs en masse then not noticing the new posts thing when i do reply.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Considering how much I needed to search for dead bushes for bees (after giving up on the Mutandis route), I'm pretty sure it was something else.

But that did remind me that I got a few mushrooms with Mutandis while looking for the Witchery plants (Ember Moss et al.)
Dead bushes do not make infestation spores, they make boreal seeds for podzol. You need mushrooms for infestation spores, and my recommendation would be mutandis, although that is obviously RNG reliant.
Gah, I knew dead bush made something...thank you for the correction.

Yeah... not even close...

Also, nice profile pic choice! How's that Automail business going?
The other method would require witchery cauldron to make netherwart, then breed with poppy/potato to get mushroom spores.
In a cauldron: mandrake root, tear of the goddess, diamond vapor, ender pearl, wheat, mutandis = nether wart

Or if you happen to get blaze rods before nether, you can turn one into a netherwart in a mana pool with alchemy catalyst.

Also Winry's awesome :p

EDIT: @OniyaMCD I actually edited the config for mutandis and removed all of the extra biomes crap after going through an entire stack of mutandis without a single witchery plant...I hate that crap XD It really needs a weighting system or something. High weight towards Witchery.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: @OniyaMCD I actually edited the config for mutandis and removed all of the extra biomes crap after going through an entire stack of mutandis without a single witchery plant...I hate that crap XD It really needs a weighting system or something. High weight towards Witchery.

Only one? I gave up after manually crafting seven stacks, then cheated what I needed via NEI. :) This was in 0.7.4 though - I believe the tables are now trimmed better.

That's a good example of my RNG luck though (another would be having six brews of sleeping in a row coming up nightmare, despite a high chance of dream). Its one of the core reasons I don't join servers, and will never go 'risky' routes to do anything (like boilers) unless there's a way to mitigate that (like on other packs, using the Ender IO Reservoir and TE steam engines). So for Regrowth I currently sit on two 'banks' of combustion engines, and manually craft just about everything.

EDIT - On the flip side, I like the self-imposed challenges that come out of this. It usually creates builds that end up not being a complete mirror of somebody else's. Also get to learn modding a bit - I'm working on personal recipes for Apatite shards and Fertilizer that are reasonably in-line with the pack goals (read: pre-nerfed as far as I'm capable of taking it). If folks are interested, I will post here once I'm happy with it.

Last edited:

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Only one? I gave up after manually crafting seven stacks, then cheated what I needed via NEI. :) This was in 0.7.4 though - I believe the tables are now trimmed better.

That's a good example of my RNG luck though (another would be having six brews of sleeping in a row coming up nightmare, despite a high chance of dream). Its one of the core reasons I don't join servers, and will never go 'risky' routes to do anything (like boilers). On the flip side, I like the self-imposed challenges that come out of this.
I said "nope" after 1 stack because my RNG luck is like yours, I just disabled everything but vanilla and witchery stuff from showing up and then put more in.
I avoid risky stuff too because it almost always backfires...My demon trade/murder (and mirror demon) consists of a tained blood amulet with invisibility and switching to wolfman form. Also adds a bit of comedy to see a werewolf reflection blink in and out of existance as it tries to figure out the amulet.

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Had a problem. Tried to update to the latest on curse (.8.4 as I was on .8.3) and mid way my internet went bonkers so curse restored my old profile. All seemed good, and I went into the nether to find some ores. My nether portal is like 100 blocks from my base and I was going in and out of it a bit. In the nether I was fortifying my portal by putting cobblestone in place of the netherrack because it is on a "floating island" and I wanted to be sure to have a stable platform around it. Went back to my base no problem, grabbed some more cobble and torches and chiseled them, so I could mark ores that I couldn't mine yet. Went into the nether, went around, mined some ores, had no problem with placing the chiseled torches, all seemed well. Went to go back into the portal and it was a crazy ride...wound up in my base in a new portal entrance. My old portal is still active and both take me to the same portal in the nether, also I noticed went I went back into the nether, about have my "chiseled" torches converted to regular torches and those had an error box on them.

Suggestions on what I should do? I did make an independent backup...so I could dump the profile when my internet is more stable, but would that correct the nether portal? I really didn't want it in the middle of my base. Not sure if the error in the chiseled torches caused the nether portal to go wacky but I find it odd that it occurred at the time.

I don't know about the torches, but that nether portal thing isn't even a bug, it's just the way nether portals work. When you go from the overworld to the nether, you get moved to the nearest portal within 128 nether blocks to your nether arrival location, if none is found then it makes a portal at that location. When moving from the nether to the overworld, it searches the overworld for any portals within 128 blocks of your overworld arrival location, and makes a new portal if none are found.

In practice, this means that any portal within a 1,024 overworld block radius of an older portal in the overworld will link to that older portal's arrival point. Going the other way, a portal in the nether needs only to be 16 blocks away from another portal in the nether to create a new one in the overworld.

To force your new overworld portal location to link to a more suitable nether portal location do this:
1. Activate a new overworld portal but don't go through it. Make note of the coordinates.
2. Go to the nether from the old location's portal
3. Take your new location's X and Z coordinates and divide them by 8, then build and activate a nether portal in the nether at that location.
4. Go back to the overworld from the old location, then re-enter the nether from the new location.

If I remembered this correctly, this will cause your new overworld portal location to get linked to the correct nether portal location. If you enter the nether from the new portal after activating it, it will link to the old nether location for a while. It will stay linked there if you keep using it, I think it takes half an hour to lose the link. Step 4 is mainly a safety measure to prevent a nether portal from spawning inside your base where you may not necessarily want it to be. If you're feeling confident of your placement, go ahead and enter from the nether side.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about the torches, but that nether portal thing isn't even a bug, it's just the way nether portals work. When you go from the overworld to the nether, you get moved to the nearest portal within 128 nether blocks to your nether arrival location, if none is found then it makes a portal at that location. When moving from the nether to the overworld, it searches the overworld for any portals within 128 blocks of your overworld arrival location, and makes a new portal if none are found.

In practice, this means that any portal within a 1,024 overworld block radius of an older portal in the overworld will link to that older portal's arrival point. Going the other way, a portal in the nether needs only to be 16 blocks away from another portal in the nether to create a new one in the overworld.

To force your new overworld portal location to link to a more suitable nether portal location do this:
1. Activate a new overworld portal but don't go through it. Make note of the coordinates.
2. Go to the nether from the old location's portal
3. Take your new location's X and Z coordinates and divide them by 8, then build and activate a nether portal in the nether at that location.
4. Go back to the overworld from the old location, then re-enter the nether from the new location.

If I remembered this correctly, this will cause your new overworld portal location to get linked to the correct nether portal location. If you enter the nether from the new portal after activating it, it will link to the old nether location for a while. It will stay linked there if you keep using it, I think it takes half an hour to lose the link. Step 4 is mainly a safety measure to prevent a nether portal from spawning inside your base where you may not necessarily want it to be. If you're feeling confident of your placement, go ahead and enter from the nether side.
Activation order doesn't matter. Portals rember connections for maybe a minute, after that they will search again. Going to the nether and making a new portal at the 1/8th x,z cords of the overworld portal will make the overworld portal favor that one. Y cords only count if you stack the portals spot on I believe.

When I do this I tend to move my neather portal to right under the top of the neather. Easy to make a safe space there and build "nether rail lines"

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Activation order doesn't matter. Portals rember connections for maybe a minute, after that they will search again. Going to the nether and making a new portal at the 1/8th x,z cords of the overworld portal will make the overworld portal favor that one. Y cords only count if you stack the portals spot on I believe.

When I do this I tend to move my neather portal to right under the top of the neather. Easy to make a safe space there and build "nether rail lines"

The equivalent of a rail line moving at 8x speed. Definitely useful for long distance travel.
:p I prefer witchery teleportation.

On that note that quest that says "you can't see a way out" of the end without defeating the dragon. I chuckled when I got back and read the quest after grabbing ender air and using a waystone and circle magic to leave early on.

Reactions: Pudding01

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019

Ah, I was going on poorly remembered directions and personal experience the last time I had to relocate a nether portal. For some reason the link time seemed a heck of a lot longer, but I was getting impatient because the other players were doing stupid things with ProjectE at the time.

Personally at the moment I'm sincerely hoping I won't have to go to the nether again until it's time to become a vampire, since my old portal is on the other side of the ocean and I don't feel like moving it.

Then again, it would make going back and forth to loot the ruins of my old base a lot easier...

Algul

Jul 29, 2019
The 0.8.4 update seems to have very serious negative impact on performance. I was running 150+fps in 0.8.3 and now the fps dropped below 50. Downgrading all updated mods to 0.8.3 versions didn't help. What else can can I do?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
The 0.8.4 update seems to have very serious negative impact on performance. I was running 150+fps in 0.8.3 and now the fps dropped below 50. Downgrading all updated mods to 0.8.3 versions didn't help. What else can can I do?

Perhaps something else has changed in your world as well? Did you try an actual downgrade of the modpack?

Could be that there is a large amount of entities somehwere in the world that are not being properly removed.

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
I have insane frame drop when I'm near my 45 Robots (even if idle), I'm at 20 fps while it's usually 120 when outside render distance of my Robots. It's a sad day :(

Ladysarajane

Nov 21, 2014
Ah yes, the OLD neither portal bug... That's been in default Minecraft for A LONG time...

Thanks for the answer everyone, but I think it is more than the nether portal bug, especially since the first portal is still alight and you can pass through it to the nether. With the chiseled torches suddenly going wonky and waila saying they are chiseled torches but <error> in description, I think something fundamentally went wrong when it supposedly restored the old version. Luckily I do have a backup of the world. I am going to attempt a restore.