[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Regrowth and High pressure Liquid Boiler. I have only 14 engines on it when it should run 18. What pipes should I use to pump the steam to my engines Golden Fluid Pipes with 9 connections is not enough to fill all engines and 1 Basic mechanical pipe will just drain the steam in the boiler to 570k which will only let my engines produse 67 Rf a tick. So Which pipes and how many connections should I use.

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Regrowth and High pressure Liquid Boiler. I have only 14 engines on it when it should run 18. What pipes should I use to pump the steam to my engines Golden Fluid Pipes with 9 connections is not enough to fill all engines and 1 Basic mechanical pipe will just drain the steam in the boiler to 570k which will only let my engines produse 67 Rf a tick. So Which pipes and how many connections should I use.

I'm using a 2x2 12LP Solid-fuel Boiler to run 6 Commercial Steam Engines using 4 connection points with Mechanical Pipes. This is enough to keep it running and I honestly don't see the use in making HP boilers any more - they're less fuel efficient and the steel takes several more steps in this pack. The only advantage they have is that they produce twice as much steam in the same space.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Golems have no issue harvesting them. I would try and avoid a setup where the walk on them. I line my 7x7 field with bushes that puts the bushes in the extreme edge if their range.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Another trick is to put a block on top of the bush. You could make rows of bushes that way without worrying about the golem stepping on them. (Assuming you find enough to make rows in the first place.)

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question. How does one obtain glass shards? I'm assuming it is by breaking glass, but either my luck is horrible (quite possible) or I am doing something wrong.

Also, is there a way to automatically collect essence berries from the essence bushes? I'm guessing no since they appear to act like cactus in regards to hurting you (and I assume items), but I am curious if it is possible.

Golems have no issue harvesting them. I would try and avoid a setup where the walk on them. I line my 7x7 field with bushes that puts the bushes in the extreme edge if their range.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thought I did this earlier, but apparently not. If you're worried about walking damage, use hollow covers:
Ignore the tank, pipes, and sprayers, that was a separate test.
66XzoGiF-M9rme3DZ03CYn27lP5JQyN1rjML4W0E1s8

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using a 2x2 12LP Solid-fuel Boiler to run 6 Commercial Steam Engines using 4 connection points with Mechanical Pipes. This is enough to keep it running and I honestly don't see the use in making HP boilers any more - they're less fuel efficient and the steel takes several more steps in this pack. The only advantage they have is that they produce twice as much steam in the same space.

thx I figured it out. They changed it so that it produces more steam as it heats up. I have all 18 engines running at 80 rf now.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
thx I figured it out. They changed it so that it produces more steam as it heats up. I have all 18 engines running at 80 rf now.
Best thing to do with boilers is just put the engines beside the boiler blocks. The boiler auto outputs to the engines and this doesn't have a cap to how fast it can output. Plus this way you reduce the amount of lagg from boilers since your client doesn't have to render the steam in pipes and the server doesn't need to calculate the mechanics of the pipes itself.

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
I've had that issue in the past. Do you by any chance get a lot of repeating messages about entities being where they shouldn't be in the message log? My log file got to a few hundred megs really fast and the errors kept piling up. My chunk got corrupted when my PC turned off from a power failure and that chunk had duplicate coordinates with another one (chunks have two coordinates in the world) - I've managed to fix it by opening the world in NBTEdit, locating the problematic chunk and editing its coordinates to match where they were supposed to be. Sadly, neither removing nor resetting the chunk in MCEdit helped.
I didn't have message spams, I just got back from the witchery dream world and my game closed (no crash report) I came back on and suddenly 12000 zombies spawned and my game took 10 minutes until the killall removed them I have this issue every time I come back from the dream world also I have 5 world holes that never go away even when i restart the launcher :/ might have to check it out with mcedit... lucky none of the persiting world holes are on any of my structures.

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
it happened again... this time after returning from the End... I did a cofh killall "I" ... some stupidly massive entity dupe glitch that lags my game...
2015-11-10_18.21.50.png

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
I have tested and I get the same glitch every time I return to the overworld from any dimension the mobs the get duped/spaned each time are always zombies and squids and sometimes creepers and enderminies the only crash report said I crashed because I had to many entities on screen >.<

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
We have a major concern on my co-op server : zombies are REALLY ANNOYING, they track players from several chunks away, it's getting on our nerves fast. Our "base" is open field, literally, just tons of farms and multiblocks. We put torches everywhere but it's not enough. There's also the sound of mobs underground I can't support anymore when I'm busy figuring stuff out/building. Any advice ? I can't really turn off mob volume because it's rather dangerous to be deaf when you want to survive. Maybe Buildcraft filler under our base ?

xeodon

Jul 29, 2019
i have a very annoying bug whenever i open my lexica botania (alfheim edition) i get massive lag like max 4fps and i have to restart minecraft to fix it. other players on my server don't have this problem, how can i fix this?

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I just found out about the railcraft smoker. Was looking up usages for netherrack in NEI. Decided to look it up. Looked cool. Told my little brother to craft one. Walked him through the process of crafting it. Told him to place it. He placed it down right by his smeltery in his base. Then I said "now run like the wind". He saw the smoke particles, said "oh shit" and ran. Most fun I had since the first time I used morph to turn into a spider and sneak up on him. I still remember that one. His first words were "this spider dropped a lot of stuff."

LoL, good times.

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019
We have a major concern on my co-op server : zombies are REALLY ANNOYING, they track players from several chunks away, it's getting on our nerves fast. Our "base" is open field, literally, just tons of farms and multiblocks. We put torches everywhere but it's not enough. There's also the sound of mobs underground I can't support anymore when I'm busy figuring stuff out/building. Any advice ? I can't really turn off mob volume because it's rather dangerous to be deaf when you want to survive. Maybe Buildcraft filler under our base ?

Zombie tracking is a vanilla thing. And yes, it's annoying. Advice? Go caving for a bit and light up the underground to take care of those mobs. Build walls (even just fences) and move them further out each time you expand to protect you from zombies. Use Botania to create Jiyuulia flowers to keep them at bay.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't have message spams, I just got back from the witchery dream world and my game closed (no crash report) I came back on and suddenly 12000 zombies spawned and my game took 10 minutes until the killall removed them I have this issue every time I come back from the dream world also I have 5 world holes that never go away even when i restart the launcher :/ might have to check it out with mcedit... lucky none of the persiting world holes are on any of my structures.
The "Message spams" are not in the game chat, they show up in the FTB Console.
Crash reports are generated as text files in the FTB folder, they do not pop up on screen. There are almost always crash reports as the console deals with them, not the game.
Those world holes generally can cause crashing issues.

i have a very annoying bug whenever i open my lexica botania (alfheim edition) i get massive lag like max 4fps and i have to restart minecraft to fix it. other players on my server don't have this problem, how can i fix this?
The only things I can suggest are throwing out your Lexica Botania, making a new one, and throwing it through the portal again. Or if you have bookmarks saved, delete them (shift right click I believe).