[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So I wanted to run a forestry tree farm but can't obtain a reliable source of apatite due to the only way to get it is via the bee but to be able to breed the bee you have to have a block of apatite underneath the apiary

Orechids should generate it. Remember to Silk Touch a block of the ore for that bee-breeding. ;)

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think boilers eat excess fuel while heating up anymore. I thought I read that they eat more fuel the hotter they get.. So if you're struggling to fuel it while it's heating up, I don't think the situation is going to get any better.

Edit: Boiler mechanics changed in Railcraft 8.3; boilers now eat more fuel the hotter they are. So if you're having a hard time fueling it while it's heating up, the situation isn't going to improve.

Source: http://ftbwiki.org/Steam_Boiler_Statistics
OK, good to know. I was still going on outdated information. Seems to happen a lot. I'm really glad now I switched out the high pressure boiler for the low pressure one. Even at max size it isn't taking nearly as much fuel. Still trying to figure out how many coke ovens I will need to keep up with it though. I have thirty plots of the multifarm dedicated to coal. Mostly because the HP boiler ran me out of coal coke. I was feeding blocks of coal to the boiler so that the coke supply could build back up. It is now running on coke blocks. I have eight coke ovens feeding it. I just set up the eighth oven so not for sure if they will be able to keep up. It is getting really close though.

My plans when I get back to game are to drop the plots back down to fifteen, and to add on another coal oven. Then it is just wait and see. Wait has pretty much become my main game. It would help if I stop using up the materials I am waiting on the farm to produce on other projects. I really should get back to quests. Really have been enjoying finishing up other projects first though.

Reactions: unknown zombie

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
OK, good to know. I was still going on outdated information. Seems to happen a lot. I'm really glad now I switched out the high pressure boiler for the low pressure one. Even at max size it isn't taking nearly as much fuel. Still trying to figure out how many coke ovens I will need to keep up with it though. I have thirty plots of the multifarm dedicated to coal. Mostly because the HP boiler ran me out of coal coke. I was feeding blocks of coal to the boiler so that the coke supply could build back up. It is now running on coke blocks. I have eight coke ovens feeding it. I just set up the eighth oven so not for sure if they will be able to keep up. It is getting really close though.

My plans when I get back to game are to drop the plots back down to fifteen, and to add on another coal oven. Then it is just wait and see. Wait has pretty much become my main game. It would help if I stop using up the materials I am waiting on the farm to produce on other projects. I really should get back to quests. Really have been enjoying finishing up other projects first though.
Maybe this will help. It helped me a lot.
http://calculator.towerofawesome.org/#1

Reactions: DeathOfTime

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe this will help. It helped me a lot.
http://calculator.towerofawesome.org/#1
Thanks. Couldn't make heads or tales of the information it provided though.

I found out it takes nine coke ovens to make more coal coke then the steam boiler eats. I now feel I can call my multi farm fully automated. Though I still need to figure out the best way to handle overflow in the crafting area. I think it would run for real life days before that requires maintenance of the system. Was going to put in void upgrades somewhere. Just thought of a idea that may work better though. Just gotta figure out how to reroute items using gates. I think I have the general gist of how I want to do it though. Those void upgrades would have been a real pain. I have everything made. It just seems I can't upgrade the barrels without breaking the link between them and having to reform it. That would have to be done to twenty barrels at the most. ten or so at the least.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
You have to actually right click the map to spawn the structure... It says as much on the tooltip from 0.8.3 onwards.
Alright thanks, I was certain I tried it and it didn't work. Will try again. (currently on 0.8.2)

It's Sphax, patched for regrowth so it has all compatible mods textures as well. Here is the link if you wanna try it out, its 64x so isn't that heavy as well.
http://bdcraft.net/community/pbdc-patches-rel-packs/ftb-regrowth-t3973.html

Thanks, I'll probably pull the rune textures out :p

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else realized that the Garden core fertilizer has a 'bonemeal' effect when you right click on a plant? :O
I'm among the ones that didn't.

There are so many little things about this game. There was tons to discover in just vanilla minecraft. The game that has been in development for as long as its been released. Modded just adds tons of things to discover. Most game its learn the controls, then solve the stages. In this its spend a minute learning to play, then spend forever learning. Never mastering. That is just to much to learn for that to happen.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
After having it sitting in my dropbox for a few hours while I was doing some packing, I remembered to submit 0.8.4!
Mod Changes:
- Updated Botania to 1.7-230
- Updated Buildcraft to 7.1.13
- Updated Gravestone to 2.15.1
- Updated Storage Drawers: Forestry Pack to 1.0.5
- Updated Storage Drawers: Misc pack to 1.0.1
- Updated Storage Drawers: Natura pack to 1.0.4
- Updated WAILA harvestability to 1.1.5
Config Changes:
- AE2
- Reduced Power usage from 5x to 3x default
- Agricraft
- Regenerated configs and fixed settings to what they should be
- Minetweaker Scripts
- Fixed Pestle & Mortar dupe
- Fixed Recipe for the AE Presses only accepting fully repaired chisel
Quest Changes:
- More mekanism quests

rhodesy523

Jul 29, 2019
Having troubles with certus quartz, osmium ore and magical food recipes on a MP server after the update to 0.8.3. The recipes can be put into a crafting table, but the items can't be pulled out. Any idea's on how to fix this. Thanks in advance.

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea what caused it but...
2015-11-09_19.48.37.png

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody have experience for using ranged weapons on the Gaia guardian? In a previous playthrough the boss was immune to my tinkers crossbow.
I really don't like the terra blade and on top of that I got crappy enchants on it.

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody have experience for using ranged weapons on the Gaia guardian? In a previous playthrough the boss was immune to my tinkers crossbow.
I really don't like the terra blade and on top of that I got crappy enchants on it.
Projectile weaponry will not work against the Gaia guardian (let alone touch number 2) (if only Vazkii didn't remove Excalibur, that made fighting the boss easier)
for enchanting you could try Mana Enchanting, that way you can add enchants to your items using books.

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
Gaia Guardian is a lame excuse for a boss fight. A boss that is simultaneously immune to ranged attacks, can teleport twice per second, and has fire on the ground to be avoided is not a good combination of mechanics.

The best advice I can give is to have Protection 4 on all of your armor, make Resistance Flasks, and put a Fallen Kanade in the arena. Be aware that the Guardian will break the Kanade if he happens to teleport on top of it, so be prepared to replant it mid-battle when necessary.

Last edited:

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Gaia Guardian is a lame excuse for a boss fight. A boss that is simultaneously immune to ranged attacks, can teleport twice per second, and has fire on the ground to be avoided is not a good combination of mechanics.

The best advice I can give is to have Protection 4 on all of your armor, make Resistance Flasks, and put a Fallen Kanade in the arena. Be aware that the Guardian will break the Kanade if he happens to teleport on top of it, so be prepared to replant it mid-battle when necessary.

I have the regen 2 amulet from botania, won't need the kanade. I remember I got through the fight before fine.

That was before the damage the boss could reveive was capped though...

underspikey

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but.. in 'What the world enables', in the quest 'Searing Heat' (the Tinkers smeltery one), I created a tool forge with a half-slab tool station and copper blocks and it didn't register.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019

there is a botania item that lets you easily disenchant items so you can re-enchant them if their enchantments turn out to be somewhat underwhelming.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
I have the regen 2 amulet from botania, won't need the kanade. I remember I got through the fight before fine.

That was before the damage the boss could reveive was capped though...
Cap has been changed. Also it is not immune to lightning focus. I use the forbidden magic staff/wand that recharges off botania mana and just spam lightning at it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Cap has been changed. Also it is not immune to lightning focus. I use the forbidden magic staff/wand that recharges off botania mana and just spam lightning at it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Yes the cap was changed, at the same time the health was (almost) tripled :)

You can still only do 4% damage to it. I might give the thaumcraft way a go. I never used thaumcraft for damage would be a good thing to do, thanks.