[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Zedrik

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently headed towards Majorplayer's feeling with Botania, I had edited my mystical flower withering a little longer time in Regrowth and after updating Botania (mostly to get rid of the nagging update message) but notice that the flowers are withering regardless of anytime you set, checked the config and it's gone, no longer can modify it at all now it appears. It's sad really, great mod but different modpacks give you different situations and a config that you can modify to fit in modpacks is needed. but now sigh...

I absolutely loathe the withering mechanic. It's sad that Vazkii removed the config as I refuse to play Botania with withering passives turned on. It's extremely irritating as passives are generally low tier early play stuff and having recraft them all the time is a pain.

Swiegetank

Jul 29, 2019
having recraft them all the time is a pain.
Then delve deeper into the mod, passive flowers are chump mana production anyways. A single endoflame produces more mana then a chunksize field of day and night blooms. This pack in particular is amusing as I can have an entire chunk of endoflames running constantly due to a 10 10 10 coal field. All of which is very easy to automate.

I wish Vazkii had made this change ages ago, would of stopped all the chumps on my last server from making ridiculous passive flower farms and lagging out the server.

Zedrik

Jul 29, 2019
I need a creeper heart to complete my tier 3 seed collection and make the tier 4 infusion stone. Except I have yet to get a creeper heart. Is there a way to get this easier or do I have to continue to rely on the RNG? The RNG is evil. I stll can't get all three witchery plants. Last time I coduln't get a glintweed to show up. This time I can't get either moss to show up. Despite using about 1000 mutandis by now. (Not an exaggeration.)

Swiegetank

Jul 29, 2019
RNG is sometimes a dick. Then again, you should be able to produce mutandis by the inventory full. The most annoying part is the woodash, but I find that sakura trees drop in upwards of 16 saplings each.
Ofc, having 10s on your Cactus, Mandrake, Skeliton, Dandelion and Poppy seeds [or having 10s on some other botania petal flowers] is required, as is a Tree axe from Tico and the horn of the canopy from Botania.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
I need a creeper heart to complete my tier 3 seed collection and make the tier 4 infusion stone. Except I have yet to get a creeper heart. Is there a way to get this easier or do I have to continue to rely on the RNG? The RNG is evil. I stll can't get all three witchery plants. Last time I coduln't get a glintweed to show up. This time I can't get either moss to show up. Despite using about 1000 mutandis by now. (Not an exaggeration.)

Treefyd quest gives Creeper heart. Still puts you in Mutandis roulette but atleast you can stop hunting creepers.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019

the arthana give added drop chance for witchery items like the creeper heart.
i enchanted one with looting 3 and got a hearth within ten creepers.

Reactions: fimbrethil

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
RNG is sometimes a dick. Then again, you should be able to produce mutandis by the inventory full. The most annoying part is the woodash, but I find that sakura trees drop in upwards of 16 saplings each.
Ofc, having 10s on your Cactus, Mandrake, Skeliton, Dandelion and Poppy seeds [or having 10s on some other botania petal flowers] is required, as is a Tree axe from Tico and the horn of the canopy from Botania.

My preference is for the Autumn Saplings, specifically the goldenrod ones (Not sure if they differ in just color or also growth mechanics, so figured I'd mention). When they grow large, I think I've seen upwards of 32, and they grow large with reasonable frequency. I might try out a cycle of Sakura trees for comparison.

Where is this treefyd quest?

It's under the first Witchery chapter. "How The World Grows", I think. I'll boot up the game and see what it's gated behind in a moment here.
Edit: The quest path is Witch's Oven->Cauldron->Attuned Stone->Distillery->Treefyd Seed. You'll obviously need an altar set up

Last edited:

Zedrik

Jul 29, 2019
For saplings, I like the fir trees in 2x2. LOADS of saplings. And I can make mutandis in huge batches, hence the over 1000 tries. But it's getting old. Really, really, REALLY old. But the completionist in me won't let it sit there. <.<

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
a few questions. is millenaire disable for servers? we are playing it on a server now and cant bring up the menu for it anymore. also, how does one get the different villages to spawn? thank you

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I absolutely loathe the withering mechanic. It's sad that Vazkii removed the config as I refuse to play Botania with withering passives turned on. It's extremely irritating as passives are generally low tier early play stuff and having recraft them all the time is a pain.
Solution: A New Dawn Botania

Then delve deeper into the mod, passive flowers are chump mana production anyways. A single endoflame produces more mana then a chunksize field of day and night blooms. This pack in particular is amusing as I can have an entire chunk of endoflames running constantly due to a 10 10 10 coal field. All of which is very easy to automate.

I wish Vazkii had made this change ages ago, would of stopped all the chumps on my last server from making ridiculous passive flower farms and lagging out the server.
Making it in the middle of the dev cycle was a VERY bad decision. In the transition between 1.7 and whatever comes next, or for Botania 2, or with a update checker change? Sure. But some people prefer passives, and having given the option only to take it away
because "That's not how you play my mod in YOUR game" is not good PR.

Sure, you and I can automate things easily, but that's not how everyone likes to play. Saying their playstyle is wrong because it's different is horribly intolerant, and Vaz should honestly know better.

For saplings, I like the fir trees in 2x2. LOADS of saplings. And I can make mutandis in huge batches, hence the over 1000 tries. But it's getting old. Really, really, REALLY old. But the completionist in me won't let it sit there. <.<
There's a config change in the upcoming version that will lower the absurd number of mutandis transformation options, which will help. It could be done user-side but I'm not sure where that is (I'm guessing minetweaker).

fefocwb

Jul 29, 2019
When the new version of regrowth will be in? I know there are some botania, mekanism and agricraft so not sure if I would do it manually, afraid to mess with config of the modpack

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
The thing is - you can still spam passives, but not to the extent that was possible (as you have to choose between permanat passive or floating passive, as you can't enchanted soil floating flowers), and for much more of a cost (most of which is an oppertunerty cost of using the enchanted soil on something like a kekimus.) This is a almost strictly end-game solution too, unless you get some overgrowth seeds in a dungeon chest. I really disliked the idea that something you can easily set and forget and not think about further (floating hydro towers) were the optimal way to get mana, rather than the miriad of more creative generating flora. For those unaware in the same patch that removed the config option for withering passives, enchanted soil was tweaked to make passives planted on it last ad-infinitum instead of doubling output.

While I agree with the change (and think it's a change for the better), I do agree the timing could have been better. It's not much harder to set up automated endoflames than fields (or towers) of passive flora, and likely much less strenuous on servers for the equivalent mana gain. I do not wish to offend anyone, so I'm keeping any further opinions on the handling of this and of the replacement mod offered above to myself. This is also at a tangent to the actual thread though. I will say I am not planning on using A new Dawn.

Lakinator

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I think of the Botania situation as Vazkii trying to give her mod a certain feel. She envisions it feeling and progressing a certain way, and changes it for that reason, rather than trying to change how you play directly. If no one is using the plethora of other mana generating flowers because passive ones are cheap, easier and just as effective in the long run, then there's really no progression and it also obsoletes the rest of her content.

However, I really am still a noob in the modding community so I could be way off here.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Highly recommend the Witchery Cauldron recipe for mass producing Mutandis. No altar power required!

Depth

Jul 29, 2019
I gave myself the Everlasting Guilty Pool. I understand Vazkii's reasoning, wanting players to actually play the mod instead of spamming the basics; but I really resent using Botania, even with hydroangea towers.

Throwing coal at flowers to make green goo is easy to automate, but doesn't change the fact that you're throwing coal at flowers to make green goo. I've never been able to immerse myself in Botania, even in a world where plants create chemical elements