[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Sephlington

Jul 29, 2019
Crimson Rites - any hints as to how I'm supposed to get it? I've created the Crimson armour, as suggested by the quest, but then nothing..?

Well, with a combination of Automagy magic timers and redcrystal, vanilla Minecraft droppers and repeaters, and Botania ranuncarpuses, I have successfully automated the running of my dandelifeon setup. The only issue is that ranuncorpuses occasionally will "eat" a cellular block without placing it, leading to that cycle being messed up. Well, that and them being a bit slow to work. I do wish there was another "block place" option available in this pack, but I guess I can't complain too much.

"Use" golems can place blocks on pre-determined spots by hitting the block with a golemancer's bell - look up any Thaumcraft-only tree farm, Use golems are always in those for placing the saplings.

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
There are some very good updates to it.
Like what? I couldn't find a changelog in five minutes of googling.

Crimson Rites - any hints as to how I'm supposed to get it? I've created the Crimson armour, as suggested by the quest, but then nothing..?

You need to get your warp nearly to maximum. Eventually you'll get a second tier of Eldritch knowledge and will unlock the Crimson Rites research.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Just a heads up for anyone rushing for a ae system, it uses a cr*pton of energy. I have 2 drives filled with 4k cells and a crafting terminal and it is already drawing close to 300rf/t. Also do ae cables normally require power? Since in this pack it seems they do (almost 1 rf/t per cable)
Since i cant live without ae doing everything in mt base im currently building a powerroom capable of supplying around 15000rf/t all automated. Gotta love boilers :)
Yes ae cables usually do require power, or rather the channels they carry do, it's just usually such a small insignificant amount that you don't notice it with default power configs.
What seeds are those? They must be vanilla wheat seeds. No other seeds will work.

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
Millénaire seems to have some weird bugs. Whenever I start the world, everything works fine. I can get quests from the villagers and trade with them. Five minutes after logging in and leaving the trading UI, the issue below starts happening in every village and I can't trade anymore.

2en9pjm.png

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Millénaire seems to have some weird bugs. Whenever I start the world, everything works fine. I can get quests from the villagers and trade with them. Five minutes after logging in and leaving the trading UI, the issue below starts happening in every village and I can't trade anymore.
2en9pjm.png
I've had that happen in a non-Regrowth scenario, but never happened consistently. Going far enough away to unload the chunk and reloading fixed it for me. Sometimes just waiting and coming back to the trade would work too. Sometimes I could see the seller yo-yo'ing in my direction as well. Even if i could reach the villager, it wouldn't trade.

Reactions: Draconicrose

SparkmanTX

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone had a similar graphical glitch? I've reinstalled Regrowth and copied in my save but it continues to do this. This is with no resource pack and default video settings. I've tried low and high video settings to see if it made any difference.

Thanks

XmzTwcB.jpg

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
I had to use a chunk loader to keep the entire village area loaded to keep them from bugging out. After I set up the chunk loader the first time, I had to restart the server to fix the villagers but have never had a problem with them since then. This is on SMP, though. A chunk loader should work for SSP for when you go out of range of the villages, though.

Reactions: Draconicrose

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone had a similar graphical glitch? I've reinstalled Regrowth and copied in my save but it continues to do this. This is with no resource pack and default video settings. I've tried low and high video settings to see if it made any difference.

Thanks

XmzTwcB.jpg
Actually I have, it's to do with too many Storage Drawers in one place. I tried setting up my AE2 drawer network as I had back in my season 1 LP and got the same glitch. So sadly I had to abandon that and use more Storage busses with JABBA like DSU's

SparkmanTX

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I have, it's to do with too many Storage Drawers in one place. I tried setting up my AE2 drawer network as I had back in my season 1 LP and got the same glitch. So sadly I had to abandon that and use more Storage busses with JABBA like DSU's
Thank you. Not sure about the number of them as I hadn't added any in a long while. After tearing almost all of them down, I must have taken down a corrupted one because the glitch went away. I was even able to put a few back up. Didn't want to push my luck so I've moved alot of the stuff to regular chests.

Thanks again.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Hey people,

I just started Regrowth again (restarted from scratch) and ended up with a funny situation. I just entered the nether and got a crappy spawn (over a lava lake with ghasts all around). I managed to secure the portal and hopped back in. The problem is that I ended up in a new portal under the ocean a couple of hundred blocks from my base.

I am a bit of a noob on portal mechanics, but I think I have to make a new portal in the nether and tear the other one down right? Can somebody poiny me into the direction of a good read on the mechanics?

Thanks.

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
I've gone through most of my playthrough with the full Terrasteel Set enchanted with protection 4 and be relatively unharmed, got into the Outerlands dimension and tried to fight the boss (admittedly i did get lost a lot), not 2 mins into the fight and i'm dead, I got the hardest of the thaumcraft bosses, Talk about a wake-up call to say i needed better armor.

Reactions: fimbrethil

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Hey people,

I just started Regrowth again (restarted from scratch) and ended up with a funny situation. I just entered the nether and got a crappy spawn (over a lava lake with ghasts all around). I managed to secure the portal and hopped back in. The problem is that I ended up in a new portal under the ocean a couple of hundred blocks from my base.

I am a bit of a noob on portal mechanics, but I think I have to make a new portal in the nether and tear the other one down right? Can somebody poiny me into the direction of a good read on the mechanics?

Thanks.

I'm also starting to think about Redoing Regrowth as I LOVE the modpack and didn't finish my series thanks to the great compute meltdown of 2015....

Reactions: rivvest

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also starting to think about Redoing Regrowth as I LOVE the modpack and didn't finish my series thanks to the great compute meltdown of 2015....
Good to know, I will be watching that series from you as well (now watching your obscurity series).

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! I guess tonight I will be heading to the nether with a large supply of cobble to make room for the platform :)

The nether has a pretty standard thickness roof below the bedrock. Any time i have to move a portal i go straight up and put it just under bedrock. Portal mechanics are less picky about height then width, as long as the 1/8 rule is followed for x and z (which you can meet exactly by tunneling along y=120-125 pretty easy) and you only have one portal in each dimension you can basically ignore the y cord. Tunneling along the top of the nether is much safer than the bottom or middle since there is a lower chance of a lava pocket and 0 chance of ghasts. Like slime chunks nether fortress are based on the seed so even with biome and other changes from mods tools like admist can tell you where the nether forts should be. I just tunnel directly to the cords of the nether fort then try and find my way down, admittedly the hard part of this whole method but the simulax transducer thingy helps immensely. And since you don't really need a nether fort in this pack you only need to tunnel far enough to not come back down in the huge cave so a natural wall to tunnel down thru will be much easier to find.

Unata

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently headed towards Majorplayer's feeling with Botania, I had edited my mystical flower withering a little longer time in Regrowth and after updating Botania (mostly to get rid of the nagging update message) but notice that the flowers are withering regardless of anytime you set, checked the config and it's gone, no longer can modify it at all now it appears. It's sad really, great mod but different modpacks give you different situations and a config that you can modify to fit in modpacks is needed. but now sigh...