[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to have an issue creating Greatwood slabs for thaumcraft recipes. I did a search and saw that others were having this issue too but there was also talk of a possible fix with the ore directory. Has this been fixed in some way? If not, I don't mind cheating the Greatwood slabs in, in the mean time.
it was fixed in 0.8.1. Update.

RPTBuddy

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to 0.8.1, playing on a server, steel no longer requires wrought iron, all mekanism recipes seem to be default ones, machines like to hide in NEI.

Edit: steel apparently still does require wrought iron, unless in infernal blast furnace, nei is all messed up for me and the interaction with a regular blast furnace with wrought iron is sketchy at best

Edit again: so it seems nei is showing old recipes and the recipes show in crafting grid, but I can't actually craft items and haven't memorized the tweaked recipes so can't try those to see if those work

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
did not seem to work unfortunately

I have the same bug as kebban. Also tried force update, did not work. However, my world is a backup from 0.8.0. Can that affect it? It is a fresh 0.8.1 install and then the world folder is copied over to the new install.

[Edit:]

Just a clearification, the recipes for all the seeds have been "simplified", but they are not actually craftable, the seed just jumps back when I try to craft it. I suspect the recipes are the same as in 0.8.0, just that the appearences of them are bugged.
This in SSP or SMP? Sounds to me like what would happen if your recipes were showing differently between server and client.
Updated to 0.8.1, playing on a server, steel no longer requires wrought iron, all mekanism recipes seem to be default ones, machines like to hide in NEI.

Edit: steel apparently still does require wrought iron, unless in infernal blast furnace, nei is all messed up for me and the interaction with a regular blast furnace with wrought iron is sketchy at best
The mek machines hiding in NEI is a known issue that's happening inconsistently and really frustrating me. (see https://github.com/aidancbrady/Mekanism/issues/2948)

You lot are just about making me pull my hair out, I have no idea what's going on; it sounds like the scripts aren't quite properly there, but I honestly can't reproduce the issue myself.

Mind

Jul 29, 2019
This in SSP or SMP? Sounds to me like what would happen if your recipes were showing differently between server and client.
It is in SMP.

Serverfiles downloaded via FTB launcher, same with client. I have a linux server going and playing on it from a windows machine.

Ouzi

Jul 29, 2019
I still have skeleton cats spawning in the nether and they are still as fast, if not faster, than before.

Otherwise the infernal blast furnace still doesn't work for titanium, i don't know if it's intentional but it's a real shame. I hate the magnesium/mariculture thing.

And finally the blood amulet quest in the botania chapter doesn't see that i crafted the amulet :(

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I still have skeleton cats spawning in the nether and they are still as fast, if not faster, than before.

Otherwise the infernal blast furnace still doesn't work for titanium, i don't know if it's intentional but it's a real shame. I hate the magnesium/mariculture thing.

And finally the blood amulet quest in the botania chapter doesn't see that i crafted the amulet :(
I specifically removed the IBF recipe for titanium in 0.8.0, as it completely nullified a process that is supposed to be complicated. And yea there have been a couple bugs with the new quests reported already, thankfully they're not progression blocking.

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
I found a fix for the bad seed recipes when updating from 0.8.0 to 0.8.1:
Load the 0.8.0 world in the 0.8.1 SSP client
Once the world loads, quit immediately.
Copy the SSP world to the SMP server.

I was just about to make my first Aluminium Seeds and was only seeing the standard Magical Crops recipe, and this fixed it. I haven't checked anything else but it seems unlikely that it would fix the one recipe I was about to make and nothing else.

Reactions: hanjuso

RPTBuddy

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so just logging off and back on to the server repeatedly finally gave me the recipes that were tweaked and SSP is fine so its definitely a problem with the server files

Edit: and by definitely I mean maybe

Mind

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a cache somewhere? Like that it has cached the recipes from 0.8.0...

Anyway, starting an entire new world did not work either. The recipes are still borked.

Does anyone have a confirmed working SMP server up that I can join to check out these recipes? If they work then, then it's on my server the problem is, if it doesn't, it's on my client. Would maybe help to narrow it down by half.

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a cache somewhere? Like that it has cached the recipes from 0.8.0...

Anyway, starting an entire new world did not work either. The recipes are still borked.

Does anyone have a confirmed working SMP server up that I can join to check out these recipes? If they work then, then it's on my server the problem is, if it doesn't, it's on my client. Would maybe help to narrow it down by half.
Try taking the scripts folder from the client and replacing the one on the server with it, let me know if that helps.
Also, for those experiencing this, is it just magical crops seeds with the worng recipes? Or is it other things too? This is now sounding like the scripts somehow got corrupted on the server between me and the files hitting the launcher, and answering those questions would determine whether its just the one file (magicalcrops.zs I think) or if its the whole scripts folder that's corrupted.

cuber192

Jul 29, 2019
Also, for those experiencing this, is it just magical crops seeds with the worng recipes? Or is it other things too?
It is all recipes the piston one NEI says redstone for me. I am still able to craft it with a lever.
Edit: I have tried to copy scripts folder from client version to both default scripts folder and the one in world folder. Doesn't help.

Ryndi23

Jul 29, 2019
Try taking the scripts folder from the client and replacing the one on the server with it, let me know if that helps.
Also, for those experiencing this, is it just magical crops seeds with the worng recipes? Or is it other things too? This is now sounding like the scripts somehow got corrupted on the server between me and the files hitting the launcher, and answering those questions would determine whether its just the one file (magicalcrops.zs I think) or if its the whole scripts folder that's corrupted.

I don't think it's an issue of the files being corrupted, because the files are there and even stuff like certus essence to quartz is in, piston recipes with levers etc. they just don't seem to be loaded correctly if the world was already played in 0.8.0
It's definitely all recipes, deleting the script folder from the server files and replacing it with the one from a (in SSP) working client did NOT work in my case, what did work (for now, although unsure if will persist) was this:

I found a fix for the bad seed recipes when updating from 0.8.0 to 0.8.1:
Load the 0.8.0 world in the 0.8.1 SSP client
Once the world loads, quit immediately.
Copy the SSP world to the SMP server.

I downloaded the world folder from the server, opened it in SSP, quit again and uploaded it back unto the server. That seems to have fixed it. Piston recipe displays a lever and is craftable. Things like redstone crop icons in NEI are hidden again. New stuff (certus quartz recipe, etc) is showing up as well.

Mind

Jul 29, 2019

I replaced the scripts on the server with the ones in the client, it didn't help. Same problem.
There seems to be wrong recipe for crafting bench and steel as well, not sure about other recipes.

Mind

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it's an issue of the files being corrupted, because the files are there and even stuff like certus essence to quartz is in, piston recipes with levers etc. they just don't seem to be loaded correctly if the world was already played in 0.8.0

I had the same problem if I started a fresh world in 0.8.1

So.... It basically boils down to that the client does something in the world folder, that makes it work from then on, something that the server doesn't but maybe should.

[edit:]
Idea: 1. Take backup of world. 2. Load it in SSP, save it. 3. Compare all files, with checksums, see what differs. 4. Find out what is different that made it work.

Last edited:

Hikaru-Takemori

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing 0.8, and I may have found a bug in the quest for crafting the blast furnace bricks. It asks for 34 crafts of the brick, not 34 bricks. The problem is, crafting the bricks gives you 3 at a time, so you only need to craft them 12 times. Thus, I have 36 blast furnace bricks in my inventory, and the quest status says 12/34, as shown here: http://i.imgur.com/BIYblmi.jpg

I'm assuming this isn't intentional, but I don't know the command to complete quests in HQM, if such a thing exists. So in the meantime, would someone like to help me out, for the purposes of completing the quest book?

Have you tried the super crafting frame to craft the bricks? Using it the bricks were detected correctly.

Last edited:

YuumeBlue

Jul 29, 2019
I started a new world and freaked out when i couldn't make a wooden bowl XP but then I realized other plants besides magical flowers could make green dye -_-;