[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

MrPoro

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to update the server from 0.7.4 to 0.8.0 without losing everything? I used to play on a server with my friend few weeks back and now I see the pack has had a great update so we would like to give it a shot. Thanks in advance! :)
Edit: I already tried to search for the answer but without any great success.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Is it possible to update the server from 0.7.4 to 0.8.0 without losing everything? I used to play on a server with my friend few weeks back and now I see the pack has had a great update so we would like to give it a shot. Thanks in advance! :)
Edit: I already tried to search for the answer but without any great success.

Then you probibly didn't look too hard, as it's been mentioned several times that due to Mekanism being upgraded from version 7 to 8, you'll need to remove anything to do with it first before updating. Even then it's probibly at your own risk, back up your world. The simplest method to remove the mekanism stuff is to remove Mekanism, then load the world. I would definatly back your world up before updating and before removing the Mekanism stuff.

Bill_Bob_Joy

Jul 29, 2019
when I updated they only mekanism stuff i lost was logistics pipes all my factories and expensive stuff was still fine, but as you said always do a backup.

Bill_Bob_Joy

Jul 29, 2019
This is probably a bug with Forbidden Magic but the the blood wand staff has half the vis capacity of the blood wand core. The staff holds 50 vis and the wand holds 100. Shouldn't the staff be 250?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I think the staff does indeed intentionally have lower vis storage. It's much more agressive on the player's LP though, and can kill, unlike the wand.

I've never actually used the alchemic wands/staves though, I'm not into blood magic enough for them to be worthwhile for me.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
This is probably a bug with Forbidden Magic but the the blood wand staff has half the vis capacity of the blood wand core. The staff holds 50 vis and the wand holds 100. Shouldn't the staff be 250?
I think the staff does indeed intentionally have lower vis storage. It's much more agressive on the player's LP though, and can kill, unlike the wand.

I've never actually used the alchemic wands/staves though, I'm not into blood magic enough for them to be worthwhile for me.

I'm fairly certain the Thaumonomicon entry for the Blood Staff explains the reduced capacity.

Ria

Jul 29, 2019
There seems to be a bug with the "Not that kind of Coke" quest in Chapter 5. It's detecting 10 more coke oven bricks than I actually have. I made 5, and it said I had 15. I made 7 more for a total of 12, and it says I have 22. I have not made any coke oven bricks before this.

Praus

Jul 29, 2019
I've just started this pack. It looks pretty cool so far but I'm kind of stuck at the beginning. I can't seem to find flint anywhere. I've mined about a stack and a half of gravel and got no flint. I tried to put the gravel (one, two, three and four pieces) into the 2x2 crafting grid and no flint. Is there some other secret way to do this?

Ria

Jul 29, 2019
There should be slate boulders lying around. You can break those with your hands and they drop flint. I'm not even sure gravel drops flint at all in this pack, a lot of recipes and drops are changed.

Praus

Jul 29, 2019
Ahhh! I'll try that. I didn't even try to break those. I guess I figured it would be like cobble and just disappear if I broke it. Thanks bunches.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Ahhh! I'll try that. I didn't even try to break those. I guess I figured it would be like cobble and just disappear if I broke it. Thanks bunches.

Your HQM book and NEI are going to be your best friends in this pack, especially when you run into hard-to-find resources. It may not use Ex Nihilo, but this pack does a good job of generating 'somethings' from 'nothings'.

Praus

Jul 29, 2019
Your HQM book and NEI are going to be your best friends in this pack, especially when you run into hard-to-find resources. It may not use Ex Nihilo, but this pack does a good job of generating 'somethings' from 'nothings'.

Yeah I realized after I got the reply to the question that the quest book did make mention of the boulders. I just read past it I suppose.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Ok i look all around the internet and i never never done it before but is there a way to automate the smeltery for ores like with EU redstone clock? i know i've seen it done somewhere but can't find the video anymore for it.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Ok i look all around the internet and i never never done it before but is there a way to automate the smeltery for ores like with EU redstone clock? i know i've seen it done somewhere but can't find the video anymore for it.
Comparator from a hopper beneath the table or basin, leading to a vertical u-bend of redstone of some variety leading to the faucet. Hopper auto takes the item once it "cools", creating a signal that leads to the faucet and turns it on for the next ingot or block.
Alternately you could just use a mek pipe.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Total forgot about using pipes, gotten so use to using redstone clock to automate for early game stage. I found a simple engine and wooden liquid pipe will work just fine to, almost up to 3 stacks up iron blocks. ^.^

Metathiax

Jul 29, 2019
I have just updated to the 0.8 pack and I can no longer get certus quartz ore with Certus Essence. Is there a fix for this?

Metathiax

Jul 29, 2019
Total forgot about using pipes, gotten so use to using redstone clock to automate for early game stage. I found a simple engine and wooden liquid pipe will work just fine to, almost up to 3 stacks up iron blocks. ^.^

Botania has the hovering hourglass and Automagy has a kind of magical hourglass as well that would work as clocks, but using liquid pipes is much better.