[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
You need to use the mattock on dirt to farmland, and then use it again on the farmland and you have a empty water pad. You cant forget that you need to fill each one with water and have a water source near by

Thanks - will try it later.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
You need to use the mattock on dirt to farmland, and then use it again on the farmland and you have a empty water pad. You cant forget that you need to fill each one with water and have a water source near by

Thanks again - that worked perfectly.

DaHui

Jul 29, 2019
So, idk how long this PAX thing goes for but is there an updated time frame for when 0.8.1 will be released?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Looks like PAX Prime just finished up a couple days ago. http://www.paxsite.com/ I don't know how far TPL had to travel, so allow a few days of jet-lag before anything gets moving again. I have decided to wait for the major bug fixes that I've seen mentioned in the last few pages (although I'm thinking of starting up a backup series for personal entertainment after the Labor Day weekend.)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like PAX Prime just finished up a couple days ago. http://www.paxsite.com/ I don't know how far TPL had to travel, so allow a few days of jet-lag before anything gets moving again. I have decided to wait for the major bug fixes that I've seen mentioned in the last few pages (although I'm thinking of starting up a backup series for personal entertainment after the Labor Day weekend.)
I didn't have to travel at all, it was watchful that was away there. I'm probably going to push 0.8.1 either this evening or tomorrow.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I know how the demands of the con-circuit can be (and had frankly forgotten who-all was going to what), so I was keeping pretty chill on it all. (Of course, I've had my seed picked out for a couple of months now, and I've been writing character POV sketches to tie in with the video series...)

Still, got that 'family stuff' to do over the weekend, so no mic-time for the Oni. :(

Reactions: Pudding01

The Shadow

Jul 29, 2019
I recently upgraded from 7.4 to 8.0 and found that my netherwart (using agricraft) show that the plant will not grow via waila. I haven't checked if mushrooms are affected as well. It was my understanding light levels would not effect their growth. I did try wasteland and beach/ocean biomes, but not nether yet. Am I doing something wrong since the changes?

Nightpearl

Jul 29, 2019
I recently upgraded from 7.4 to 8.0 and found that my netherwart (using agricraft) show that the plant will not grow via waila. I haven't checked if mushrooms are affected as well. It was my understanding light levels would not effect their growth. I did try wasteland and beach/ocean biomes, but not nether yet. Am I doing something wrong since the changes?

they do need to be in a darker location, not completely dark (IE yellow X's with f7 is enough, where mushrooms require red) :)

Euchale

Jul 29, 2019
I've been following this thread since page 500 or something and it is a mess. Do you think we can make a new one, so searching becomes a little easier?

edith says: Or as an alternative, split it in two. One for news/bugs and one for general discussion.

The Shadow

Jul 29, 2019
they do need to be in a darker location, not completely dark (IE yellow X's with f7 is enough, where mushrooms require red) :)

Well I tried but the issue remains if yellow x is ok. error.jpg

EDIT: OK red X is required now. It was my understanding that the modpack author wanted no light levels to affect growth. Is this something going to be fixed in 8.1?

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Well I tried but the issue remains if yellow x is ok. View attachment 22638

EDIT: OK red X is required now. It was my understanding that the modpack author wanted no light levels to affect growth. Is this something going to be fixed in 8.1?

Netherwarts just need to be out of direct sunlight. Try placing 1 block a few spaces above the netherwart so it isn't in direct view of the sky. I even posted a pic a few pages back.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...m-pack-now-listed.57184/page-594#post-1393254

Reactions: The Shadow

Jmdwow

Jul 29, 2019
So, for some reason, when I logged on after missing a couple updates, all of my botania generating flowers were gone. I managed to get and place some more, and when I left and came back, they were all gone again, with no way to get them back. What is happening?

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
So, for some reason, when I logged on after missing a couple updates, all of my botania generating flowers were gone. I managed to get and place some more, and when I left and came back, they were all gone again, with no way to get them back. What is happening?
It is a new mechanic with Botania, passive flowers wither (aka die) after 5 game days. You can turn it off by modifying the config file for Botania if like myself, you disagree with this change.

Jmdwow

Jul 29, 2019
It is a new mechanic with Botania, passive flowers wither (aka die) after 5 game days. You can turn it off by modifying the config file for Botania if like myself, you disagree with this change.

Ah, okay. Thanks for letting me know. I was very confused :p

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Ah, okay. Thanks for letting me know. I was very confused :p

You are able to create more of them with the petal apothecary, but the idea is to encourage players to upgrade to the more efficient mana producers, like Endoflames, Narslimmus, and so forth. The only ones that wither away (as I recall) are Dayblooms, Nightshades, and Hydroangeas.

Jmdwow

Jul 29, 2019
You are able to create more of them with the petal apothecary, but the idea is to encourage players to upgrade to the more efficient mana producers, like Endoflames, Narslimmus, and so forth. The only ones that wither away (as I recall) are Dayblooms, Nightshades, and Hydroangeas.

True, but I tend to use lots of hydrangeas as they make mana pretty much on par with an endoflame, but without using any resources :p

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
And that is the partial reason the passives were set to wither. To encourage use of the flowers that do need some kind of fuel. Would have been nice if hydros could have lasted longer than dayblooms/nightshades though, as they do use mana petals. The fuel for the passives is in a way the petals used to make them in the first place, so no more free power.

Jilixi

Jul 29, 2019
Molecular Assembler appears to be broken, connecting it to a ME Interface works and the device says it's online. But the Slots are greyed out.

Nightpearl

Jul 29, 2019
is there actually any later use for petals? I started to make a botania petal farm... then couldn't find any use for them