[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Dracoknight200

Jul 29, 2019
The crafting recipe for Greatwood Slab its bugged. When i want to craft it, it appear oak wood slab

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    763.2 KB · Views: 59

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
You can go back 579 pages and start reading to realize I am not new on this pack. I know it pretty well. I just have a different way of approaching problems by finding solutions to them instead of complaining how my life now sucks. I like challenges, that is why I play thematic packs and not kitchen sinks.

No one would had complained about this issues if they were this way from day zero... Its a beta pack, live and adapt to changes or wait for the final version...
as you said, you have a different way of approaching problems, as I do. One person injecting how other people deal with issues and doing so in an insulting non helpful way, well, it's no wonder you're playing ssp.

We play packs 'as is' as they come cooked from the source. Thus, my comments. Also, if phoenixlodge got only responses from the masochists amongst him, then he wouldn't know how the other half felt, thus, comments like mine are pretty much necessary in the give/take of your beta comment as he figures if he went too far, or just far enough. Those decisions aren't decided within a closed box.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Having the eye dose seem to make the tira creative flight tho.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
yeah, I didn't even know the eye was nerfed as well. I will look into this but seems rather lame to make the tiara creative flight only if you have the ancilliary now a lot less functional flugel eye.

Elrol_Arrowsend

Jul 29, 2019
oddly enough, when i relaunched and tried to do it again (after i crashed from having glass in the chisel GUI) i tried to see if i could retry to make the copper, it didnt work and all of the chisel blocks had their normal oreDictionary entries. so cobble wont become copper. i have no idea why or how this happened first off. but i promise that i did make chiseled cobblestone into copper blocks (using the chisel) then i turned them to ingots, and deleted them. this is like really just odd. hopefully someone else gets this bug and can explain it to me

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
as you said, you have a different way of approaching problems, as I do. One person injecting how other people deal with issues and doing so in an insulting non helpful way, well, it's no wonder you're playing ssp.

We play packs 'as is' as they come cooked from the source. Thus, my comments. Also, if phoenixlodge got only responses from the masochists amongst him, then he wouldn't know how the other half felt, thus, comments like mine are pretty much necessary in the give/take of your beta comment as he figures if he went too far, or just far enough. Those decisions aren't decided within a closed box.
I did not pretend to insult anyone and honestly, I dont think I am being rude and insulting anyone when I am saying someone is being lazy when he says that his flowers are taking 6 more times to grow by themselves just because he is not nurturing them and just letting them grow. The same with botania. Next time I must add a nice smiley so people dont take stuff so seriously... :)

Honestly, Agricraft author and Vazkii realized the same thing. Leaving something unattended and coming back later to reclaim the 'profit' is not a good mechanic. And TPL seems to agree. In agricraft you have a way slower progress if you dont care for your plants. And it could be worst, since there is another level of dificulty that is not activated.... Vazkii could not do the same and reducing mana generation on passive flowers would hurt early game a lot, so the wither effect to force people to actually use other flowers instead of "fire and forget" passive flowers

But, honestly(and this was not you), complaining that an update to a beta pack breaks is current world and he is reverting some of the changes to the configs because he doesnt want to adapt.... I think I dont need to say anything else about that except that this is the kind of input that actually does not help TLP to realize when he is going to far!!

And please, do not jump to conclusions just because I am playing in SSP... You are being as rude as you complain about it! I am playing on SSP because the community I play with, played Regrowth not 2 months ago and prefer to play other packs now. I wish the update had been release a couple weeks ago, so I would had played the new version with them.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I did not pretend to insult anyone and honestly, I dont think I am being rude and insulting anyone when I am saying someone is being lazy when he says that his flowers are taking 6 more times to grow by themselves just because he is not nurturing them and just letting them grow. The same with botania. Next time I must add a nice smiley so people dont take stuff so seriously... :)

Honestly, Agricraft author and Vazkii realized the same thing. Leaving something unattended and coming back later to reclaim the 'profit' is not a good mechanic. And TPL seems to agree. In agricraft you have a way slower progress if you dont care for your plants. And it could be worst, since there is another level of dificulty that is not activated.... Vazkii could not do the same and reducing mana generation on passive flowers would hurt early game a lot, so the wither effect to force people to actually use other flowers instead of "fire and forget" passive flowers

But, honestly(and this was not you), complaining that an update to a beta pack breaks is current world and he is reverting some of the changes to the configs because he doesnt want to adapt.... I think I dont need to say anything else about that except that this is the kind of input that actually does not help TLP to realize when he is going to far!!

And please, do not jump to conclusions just because I am playing in SSP... You are being as rude as you complain about it! I am playing on SSP because the community I play with, played Regrowth not 2 months ago and prefer to play other packs now. I wish the update had been release a couple weeks ago, so I would had played the new version with them.

You said it yourself. Please read your very first question. I was asking why, not asking why the change was made.

I know of the other difficulty, which the config's weren't set to, which obviously wouldn't even work in a straight line, which basically formed my question. I wanted to know where that change was happening and, to be sure it wasn't a bug or interaction of some kind. I didn't know agricraft increased the time by default of how long it takes plants to grow in a straight line. Something like this, I think, is needed to be made evident in changelogs to set expectations among the ppl playing and wishing to upgrade. When you compare configs and see the same thing old vs new, I tend to think this is a bug first, code change second.

As far as being lazy and my response to said comment, please note my first line. This is my third time, completing it two previous times. Lazy ppl need not apply to this pack.

Reactions: Trisscar

Bill_Bob_Joy

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why but some of my botaina relics from the dice of fate don't work anymore. Specificly the new key of the king's lear, the fruit of the grisaia, and the eye of the flugel.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
allow me to give you a lesson in not insulting people, since you claim to want that, but your actions aren't following along.

I did not pretend to insult anyone and honestly, I dont think I am being rude and insulting anyone when I am saying someone is being lazy when he says that his flowers are taking 6 more times to grow by themselves just because he is not nurturing them and just letting them grow.

Yes, for the 2nd time, calling someone lazy is insulting. Yes, its an insult even if its true. No, that doesn't mean that I think it's true. It's not laziness to make note and ask about an undocumented change in a mod (quite the opposite, actually). Yes, you can make things go faster by using fertilizer and whatever else. You could do that before as well. That's not a part of the question. It's like someone complaining that their bike somehow broke and they can only go 1/6 as fast, and you tell them that they're lazy because they dont have a car.

This, too, is insulting. It is not your place to be telling me or anyone else what kind of feedback TPL does or does not want.

Moreover, you're wrong. Any feedback is useful feedback. If 200 people made forum accounts to come on here and say that the flowers withering was stupid, i'd bet they get changed pretty quick. Until that happens, I'll be here to tell anyone who wants to know that it's an easy config switch that any admin or single-player player can do, because again, flower withering is a bad idea.

And stop talking about the fact that this pack is 'in beta'. That means nothing in regards to what we're talking about - all that means is that more things are planned and not yet added. It does not mean that the current pack is in some special state of flux. This is not some standalone game that's going to be polished for a month and then released for 60$ when the beta is over. Things change now, things will change when(if?) the version number passes 1.0, and it'll keep going as long as TPL wants it to.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Summoning the Gaia II crashes to desktop

I've done the fight since the update, didnt crash.

I don't know why but some of my botaina relics from the dice of fate don't work anymore. Specificly the new key of the king's lear, the fruit of the grisaia, and the eye of the flugel.

got mana on ya? they wont work without it now. and the eye has been nerfed - you dont get the spinny-zodiac list anymore, just 1 spot. right click it on a block, and then right click -> hold pointing at the air to tp yourself back to it.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, I just verified in ssp cause I was curious. I find that quite strange and odd behaviour and really makes me wonder whether it's intended or not. Good catch tho.
The new lexica has entries for the relics after you get them it says it greatly increases the flight time and cost of the tiara.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Since this seems to be misunderstood, I'll explain.
This is the internet. The internet is full of people getting mad at each other on a random basis for (usually) silly reasons, and over silly things. Sometimes these arguments erupt into flame wars or the like, which is a hassle for our good forum mods and should be avoided at all costs.

The easiest way to avoid this? DON'T USE ADJECTIVES, VERBS, OR ANYTHING ELSE TO DESCRIBE PEOPLE. If you must describe your feelings about something they said, have it be about the thing they said, not them as a person. Argue over word choice and content all you want, but do not insult people or describe your feelings about them, no matter what they are or how right you think your statements would be. It's rude, and anyone doing so is just as silly as the starters of flame wars anywhere.

TLDR: It's lazy to describe a person instead of their statements, don't do that.

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if the golems breaking crops is an agricraft or thaumcraft bug? I would like to manually update either if there's a fix coming.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if the golems breaking crops is an agricraft or thaumcraft bug? I would like to manually update either if there's a fix coming.
This isnt technically an answer, but it may be worth noting that thaumcraft wasnt updated. So it seems pretty clear that the agricraft change broke it, but that may not be the right place to go to fix it.

Reactions: Draconicrose

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Re the golems vs agricraft issue, I have a build of agricraft from IR where it sort of works; golems will correctly harvest crops but for some reason they have a vendetta against empty crop sticks and will happily demolish any crop stick that lacks a seed. If a public update isn't put out before I go to release 0.8.1 I'll ask if I can include the build I have.
At this stage I'm not going to release 0.8.1 until after the current pax is over, since I'm fairly sure that watchful1 is attending it so the update wouldn't go through until he got back anyway.

Thalron

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say, this is probably my favourite mod pack so far. Who knows how many hours I've put into it so far.

I just started a new world a few days ago with the recent update, and found a series of mineshafts and such, with some loot-able minecarts in them. The first one dropped several iron essences, and other random things, and the next one contained a coal essence and a few gold essence (in addition to some title scroll things). Something I noticed though, was that it didn't open up the quest for the 'seed' unless I did the repeatable one to get the essence first. I thought I should mention this in case it was an unintentional way of progression breaking, or if it's intentional maybe make the secondary quest open upon receiving the appropriate essence instead?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
@Fl3x Yup, sarcasm, since it was a short post anyway, OP. ;)
Plus, this would be describing actions of a person, which is also ok-ish. Saying they are lazy in general is not.