[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
3) The updates to botania (withering, lack of creative flight as end goal, removal of excalibur), are depressing. I don't see this as important as the previous two issues but we would continue to use hydro's as a supplementary mana gen to our active mana gens as we upgraded and having to redo those if we get distracted and they wither or anything got annoying very quickly. Again, changes are from vazkii, not you, but if some of these options are configurable, just throwing my 2 cents in that maybe they should be disabled by default if enough ppl have issues with them, thus voicing my opinion on the matter. I know vazkii has requested they stay enabled, but meh.

Considering that this pack is a very intricate and well thought out pack, maybe first timers won't have any issues with any of this, but finishing the pack a third time with these changes doesn't seem very palatable to me atm.

Totally agree. Luckily Im not playing on a server so I was able to disable flowers withering, as I'd recommend everyone else does if they have the means. The other 2 things aren't configurable as far as I can tell, unfortunately. The replacement for Excalibur is actually pretty cool (and really beautifully done), although nowhere near as useful.

The flying nerf is especially bad in this pack, as that was the best option going. Witchery broom is too awkward, thaumcraft harness is too slow. Mekanism jetpack is pretty good for flying around the base, but if thats all you're doing you can just set up blood magic rituals instead and that'll be a lot easier to work with. There is no good option left for exploration - for covering a lot of distance quickly.

And don't forget about the nerf to the eye of the flugel - instead of a zodiac of teleports, we now get exactly 1, making it less useful than a witch's hand, if you chose the otherwhere branch.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
just an fyi, when you chisel cobblestone, the blocks have some oreDictionary things, and when you try to chisel them back to another block, you can get metals....i got copper blocks from cobble. i hope this gets fixed soon before the temptation becomes too great :p
Another weird thing with Chisel is with various marble stairs, when you break them you get a different type of marble stair.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Totally agree. Luckily Im not playing on a server so I was able to disable flowers withering, as I'd recommend everyone else does if they have the means. The other 2 things aren't configurable as far as I can tell, unfortunately. The replacement for Excalibur is actually pretty cool (and really beautifully done), although nowhere near as useful.

The flying nerf is especially bad in this pack, as that was the best option going. Witchery broom is too awkward, thaumcraft harness is too slow. Mekanism jetpack is pretty good for flying around the base, but if thats all you're doing you can just set up blood magic rituals instead and that'll be a lot easier to work with. There is no good option left for exploration - for covering a lot of distance quickly.

And don't forget about the nerf to the eye of the flugel - instead of a zodiac of teleports, we now get exactly 1, making it less useful than a witch's hand, if you chose the otherwhere branch.
Having the eye dose seem to make the tira creative flight tho.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Was going to write a rambling about this but decided to not cause drama and give the TL: DR version...

Third time around for regrowth for me and some friends. Regrowth is up there with crash landing as my favorite mc packs thus far.

WIth that said, some things I am finding troubling about 0.8:
1) agricraft straight line mutation/upgrading seems to be taking a large factor greater time than in 0.7.4. e.g.: we had a upgrade patch with sprinklers on it, it did I think a 12-14 length then it turned and came back another 12-14. This might take an hr to get from start to finish in 0.7.4. Now, a simpler u turn of about 16-17 blocks total takes upwards of 6+ hours if not more. Throwing crops willy nilly in a large patch so it has multiple parents eventually does go by a lot quicker but you end up with random upgrades all over the place and have to redo it a few times to go 10/10/10.

Checked configs and they all look similar, so assuming this is an intrinsic change in agricraft or magcrops or ?

Stop being lazy and actively grow your plants, much faster!

3) The updates to botania (withering, lack of creative flight as end goal, removal of excalibur), are depressing. I don't see this as important as the previous two issues but we would continue to use hydro's as a supplementary mana gen to our active mana gens as we upgraded and having to redo those if we get distracted and they wither or anything got annoying very quickly. Again, changes are from vazkii, not you, but if some of these options are configurable, just throwing my 2 cents in that maybe they should be disabled by default if enough ppl have issues with them, thus voicing my opinion on the matter. I know vazkii has requested they stay enabled, but meh.

Stop being lazy and use your brain to get better ways of generating mana then the lazy brainless passive mode!

In the end, its a slow pace pack, to slow for your taste, try to figure out a way using the current pack mechanics to make it faster! I have none of the problems you complain and I am playing alone... Just being smart on how I apply my resources!

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019

Actually, both Thaumcraft and Blood Magic have portable, fast flight options. I'll let you figure out BM on your own (evil grin), but you can magically enchant your (harness or girdle, not sure which one) with haste to increase the horizontal speed.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Stop being lazy ...
I dont know if you're new here, but when you've been playing a nice, balanced pack for a while, and have a nice world set up, and are used to doing things a certain way.. and then they change, breaking half of the things you've already set up and automated in your world... that can be rather frustrating.

So if you're happy with flowers withering, fine, play like that. I'm not, and I won't. And I dont appreciate you saying im lazy because i happened to choose a 0-input, self-sustaining hydro farm instead of a 0-input, self-sustaining endoflame farm.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
You clicked it with a stick ? It look like the message you get when you "stick-clic" something.
It does nothing special :)

I hit it with an empty hand. My barrel had sticks in it, maybe that caused the message although I did not see the message when I put the sticks into the barrel.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, both Thaumcraft and Blood Magic have portable, fast flight options. I'll let you figure out BM on your own (evil grin), but you can magically enchant your (harness or girdle, not sure which one) with haste to increase the horizontal speed.

Ahh thats cool, does haste actually make it bearable? I did everything but that, even made the big spire from automagy to refuel, but it was just too slow so i put it away. If i can still run faster with the globetrotter's sash on, that kinda defeats a lot of the purpose.

Blood magic, I suppose I'll have to look into :)

Reactions: fimbrethil

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know if you're new here, but when you've been playing a nice, balanced pack for a while, and have a nice world set up, and are used to doing things a certain way.. and then they change, breaking half of the things you've already set up and automated in your world... that can be rather frustrating.

So if you're happy with flowers withering, fine, play like that. I'm not, and I won't. And I dont appreciate you saying im lazy because i happened to choose a 0-input, self-sustaining hydro farm instead of a 0-input, self-sustaining endoflame farm.
You can go back 579 pages and start reading to realize I am not new on this pack. I know it pretty well. I just have a different way of approaching problems by finding solutions to them instead of complaining how my life now sucks. I like challenges, that is why I play thematic packs and not kitchen sinks.

No one would had complained about this issues if they were this way from day zero... Its a beta pack, live and adapt to changes or wait for the final version...

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh thats cool, does haste actually make it bearable? I did everything but that, even made the big spire from automagy to refuel, but it was just too slow so i put it away. If i can still run faster with the globetrotter's sash on, that kinda defeats a lot of the purpose.

Blood magic, I suppose I'll have to look into :)
It will not be fast as it was with the tiara but its not unberable. BM 'fly sigil' was the fastest flight before botania tiara with the sash appear so, its your best choice. (Dunno if BM now has a new way of flight)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
On another note, didnt Endoflames accepted blaze rods?

I had the impression they did but its not working. I also didnt found any config or script that could be disabling it to explain why they dont work.
Maybe a bug?

Zedrik

Jul 29, 2019
On another note, didnt Endoflames accepted blaze rods?

I had the impression they did but its not working. I also didnt found any config or script that could be disabling it to explain why they dont work.
Maybe a bug?

I actually just built a semi-automated endoflame feeder last night and they ate my blaze rods just fine.
Also, redcrystals look cool in operation.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
It will not be fast as it was with the tiara but its not unberable. BM 'fly sigil' was the fastest flight before botania tiara with the sash appear so, its your best choice. (Dunno if BM now has a new way of flight)
Oh no, its full flight, unless that's also been patched like the tiara.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I actually just built a semi-automated endoflame feeder last night and they ate my blaze rods just fine.
Also, redcrystals look cool in operation.
As I expected! For some reason, mines are not working. They ignore the blaze rods.... Will have to investigate

Oh no, its full flight, unless that's also been patched like the tiara.
Ohh.. I think I know what you are talking about. Havent played with new BM stuff yet :p

I will be happy with a air sigil and no fall damage :)

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019

While I agree with the hydro farm breaking is bad, the fact that Dayblooms wither is actually a good thing.

Reactions: fimbrethil

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget that there is a device in Automagy that you can set up to wirelessly refill your harness too. And the harness is the most useful flight in the pack in my opinion, purely because you get full block breaking speed with its flight.
Do note, there is actually a weird bug in the pack currently that means that the flight bar for the flugel tiara isn't actually rendering either. See here for more info.
Why can't i access the last 2 sections?
Because there aren't quests in them yet.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
And the harness is the most useful flight in the pack in my opinion, purely because you get full block breaking speed with its flight.

Vambraces of Steady Progression also gives that (as well as some other nice buffs), and goes in a rather unique armor slot :)

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget that there is a device in Automagy that you can set up to wirelessly refill your harness too. And the harness is the most useful flight in the pack in my opinion, purely because you get full block breaking speed with its flight.
Do note, there is actually a weird bug in the pack currently that means that the flight bar for the flugel tiara isn't actually rendering either. See here for more info.
Yeah, but the BM one doesn't need you to fly by a structure to refill. ;)