[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
You can build Tinkers tables out of wood, then build non-flint tools there.
there is a config option in iguanatweaks that allows tier-1 (3 part) tools to be built in the 2x2 crafting grid, that is enabled on this pack, you can make the stencil table normally, and you can combine stencils with materials in the crafting grid to make the parts.

Maestro

Jul 29, 2019
Fantastic pack, I'm loving it and I'm disappointed I'm almost done all the quests!

I'm not sure if you take suggestions, but I'd very much like to see a Spawn Coven Witch quest, most likely unlocked right after the Hobgoblin quest of the same type. I can't be the only one who doesn't love roaming thousands of blocks just to (maybe) find a couple of these suckers, and even if the recipe were expensive it would be well worth the effort to be able to cast the Coven Rites more easily, not to mention it fits in perfectly with both "The Life of the World" and "How the World Changes".

I spent some time thinking on this suggestion, and a recipe I think would fit perfectly (both thematically and expense-wise) is:

3 Experience Drops (included in all of your Spawn Egg recipes)
Spawn Hobgoblin (common-sense progression from Villager -> Witchery-style Villager -> Witch)

Brew of Love (not too expensive, and gives it the flavor of fertility and life...)
Brew of Raising (not too expensive, and gives it the flavor of raising an entity from nothing...)
Seer Stone (a bit expensive, but gives it the final spark of magical intuition and knowledge...)

This way, you've made sure that to craft this, the player has already completed "Which Came First?", "Hrrm", and "Mentats Minions" in "The Life of the World". You've also required them to have a functioning Witch's Oven (Whiff of Magic in Brew of Love), Distillery (Oil of Vitriol in Brew of Raising), and Altar (Seer Stone) - the latter with at least 2000 power, which is respectable but basic.

I might be adding this to my world via whichever tweaking mod(s) you've used for the other recipes and I'll post back here with updated thoughts, but I'd love to hear everybody else's opinion on this as well.

Maestro

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I would love to see the Thaumcraft quests expanded after you get out of alpha (would you like some input on those as well?). That's the biggest complaint I'm hearing from the players on the server I help run. But then again, when "I want more!" is the chief complaint, you're doing something right. :D

Last edited:

wdaly77

Jul 29, 2019
Question about the quests area. Recently we had someone come onto our server who wanted to do the quests, but accepted into our group and had all the quests that we completed done. He jumped out of the group and we tried resetting him on the server but it still shows the quests completed for him. is there a way around that?

Maestro

Jul 29, 2019
If you or someone you know has Op privileges they can use "/hqm edit [USERNAME]" to edit what quests your friend has completed, as long as you use their username instead of [USERNAME] in the command. The Op will get an Op Edition of the HQM Book, with a tooltip saying "Using book as: [USERNAME]" if they did it correctly. Then, the Op can shift-click their way through certain quests or click a button on the main page to entirely reset your friend's book.

itssnowing

Jul 29, 2019
Can I update ExtraTIC in my pack safely? I like the idea of Botania metal tools :3

Though, I doubt there are other tool quests, huh?

Edit: aww. Botania tools don't repair with mana :C

New question then: How do I get blue slime? I've found only one blue slime mob so far, but that's not enough.

Last edited:

Maestro

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get blue slime? I've found only one blue slime mob so far, but that's not enough.
I feel your pain. It's pure luck. I'm 99% sure Slime Island generation is disabled, so you'll just have to wait it out. Look for the big Blue Slimes spawning at night, often near surface water pools, I've noticed (but that's probably coincidence). Once you get your first tool part made from either Slime, however, you'll get the Slimy modifier of the corresponding color - Green or Blue - and from that point on your tool will periodically spawn small slimes of the same color as the tool part(s) you're using.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
What do you need blue slime for ? Most everything i know of/use in regrowth can take either. And once you get gold, you can convert cactus into slime balls