[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Just a note. If you have a small, enclosed space on the nether side of your portal, and you leave it idle for a long period of time, it will become packed to the walls with pigmen. If you then enter that small enclosed space through the portal, it will be very hard to navigate. The inevitable will happen. Also, a small horde will appear on the Overworld side when you respawn.

RIP my stuff.

*goes to craft backups for the rescue mission*
My small enclosed space doesn't have a floor. I use that cheap wind rod from botania or an ender pearl or later flight to get to an from my portals. The overworld one is similar.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'm considering a moat on both sides. Just a little two-deep thing with trap doors over it so that any wanderers can build up there instead of in my face.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
In my current world, a Dire wolf had managed to get into the portal somehow. Between the lag time of the zone loading and accidently whacking one of the 10 pigmen on my portal side i had to declare defeat after 4 attempts. Set difficulty to peaceful and zoned in. Then reset it back

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Yeah, ended up having to do the Peaceful thing myself. Got several Wrath shards and a Sloth shard out of the whole deal, though.

Rahsidap

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't read all 581 pages of posts here, so I apologize if this bug has already been reported.

When using the mouse to right- or left-click an NEI item, sometimes it will crash to the launcher. AFAIK, it only does it once, if it does it, per launcher start-up, and if it doesn't crash the first time I try to click, it won't crash and I can safely click from there on out. If I keyboard R or U first, it mostly prevents this, but occasionally, that will even CTL. If it does crash, I can relaunch the mod and it will not crash going forward as long as I don't restart the launcher. If I do restart the launcher, the whole process can start over. If I use an AE2 crafting terminal or monitor, it will not CTL, only inventory NEI seems to cause the problem.

I have access to the server-side console as well as my client, so I can provide both console views when this occurs, if needed, but since it's this old man's bedtime and I don't know off-hand how to spoiler long bits of console output, I will only provide that if needed later.

EDIT: I read the changelog and see where there is a fix to something something maybe related something, so ignore me if this is referencing what I said above...I'll just wait for .8.

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Spoiler is this, without the periods;
[.spoiler]stuff you want to spoiler tag[./spoiler]
As to the bug, that's a very detailed explanation of what I think may be the common NEI crash bug we've had running around for a while now. However yours seems to be triggered differently, since most that, if once crashed, don't restart from the launcher, crash indefinitely.

itssnowing

Jul 29, 2019
Copying from a post on reddit:

Hello! I've been playing Regrowth recently, and got to a point when I was to enter Witchery's spirit world in order to progress. I did the usual dumping all my items into a chest (Though I now realize that I forgot my armour and bobbles- Botania Terrasteel, and the mana-storing ring, if it's relevant.)

Anyway, I entered the world, and I noticed that it was taking a very long time to load the world. Then it froze, and crashed. The first crash gave me an empty crash long, but this is what I got the second time I loaded up my world, and I knew I was in the spirit world. I believe I entered during a nightmare, if that's important.

I'm running Regrowth 7.4, on Windows 10. Witchery version is 0.23.2. I have also added Optifine and the GLSL shader mod, though I'm only increasing the resolution or whatever it's called with the shader mod. (So that things far away don't have crappy lines along the edges, if that makes sense.) I'm using MultiMC as my launcher.

I've tried increasing the available ram for Minecraft from a maximum of 3 GB to 4 GB, but that doesn't seem to fix it. I also notices that when I was in the spirit world, and the game had frozen, that it was maxing out all four cores of my cpu (i5 4690) and was using ~3500 MB or ram. (At one point it was about a GB more than that, but not for long.)

I'm not sure if there's any more information I can think of, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

rawdeath

Jul 29, 2019
I love this modpack, however for some reason when I try to open my world (new worlds work just fine though) minecraft crashes to the FTB launcer menu. Here is my crash log. I hope you guys are able to help.

Attachments

• crash-2015-08-12_02.33.24-server.txt
    24.2 KB · Views: 85

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I love this modpack, however for some reason when I try to open my world (new worlds work just fine though) minecraft crashes to the FTB launcer menu. Here is my crash log. I hope you guys are able to help.
Gahh, pastebin please. Downloads are suspect even from reliable sources.

itssnowing

Jul 29, 2019
I fixed the spirit world problem, and now I have gotten into a dream.. But how do I make a crafting table? I can't get flint to make a hatchet :/

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I fixed the spirit world problem, and now I have gotten into a dream.. But how do I make a crafting table? I can't get flint to make a hatchet :/
If I remember correctly, gravel still spawns in the dream world. You can just break and replace it till you get flint.

itssnowing

Jul 29, 2019
If I remember correctly, gravel still spawns in the dream world. You can just break and replace it till you get flint.

Isn't gravel dropping flint disabled? At least, it appears to be- I can't seem to get any flint from it.

Edit: I cheated myself some flint, because imo that's a bit silly.

Last edited:

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It drops from slate blocks doesn't it? Doesn't the HQM book teach you that?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
If i remember correctly. Slate does spawn in the spirit world, but also gravel will break into flint as well. (i always just use the travellers belt)

itssnowing

Jul 29, 2019
It drops from slate blocks doesn't it? Doesn't the HQM book teach you that?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Yes, but I don't think slate is generating in the spirit world.
If i remember correctly. Slate does spawn in the spirit world, but also gravel will break into flint as well. (i always just use the travellers belt)
If it is supposed to generate, I'm definitely not seeing any.

Wait.. is the traveler's belt a bauble? 'Cause if they are, that's a brilliant solution. (I'm pretty sure baubles transfer, even if you can't access the menu. I have a ring of magnetization, which still works in the spirit world.)

Thanks for helping out though guys! :)

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Slate blocks are put in by ruins in the overworld. In the spirit world they are either normal oregen or ruins puts them underground. Either way in addition to normal ores the spirit world has slate and grout in the ground. (Positive on grout 90% on the slate its been months since I last went to the spirit world)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, i never actually do the progression for the spirit world. I just use the travellers belt and bring everything i need to be in and out in 30 minutes. Maybe one day i will actually do it as inteded :rolleyes:

itssnowing

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda useless to have slate underground if you can't make a pick, isn't it?

But okay, I'll try the traveller's belt ^.^

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
If i remember correctly the first time thru, i found slate at the enterance to a cave system. Guess i got lucky.