[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Andale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in total agreement that this pack is amazing and finally does it right. I think that was basically what I said. I understand scarcity isn't important to the pack, the ore doubling is just a thought I have most of the time anyway. I said pull the Smeltery because it isn't necessary (except for early osmium, which doesn't seem to work in the Crucible) and is just too simple.

You're making a lot of points as if I wasn't in agreement with them. I don't really appreciate that but maybe you read what I said in a different way than I intended. You've also made a really big post on something very small without discussing other issues, but that's okay.

Anyway, I only got on to ask some questions.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm having trouble with my multifarm and I'm unsure why. I've had no quest for it that explains any changes so I figured it best to ask.
I've made an arboretum multifarm. Let us just say I experimented with it quite a bit and this was what I came up with.
The multifarm:
  • will only plant on humus.
  • will not accept humus inside as a valid item and therefore cannot be placed from within.
  • still turns humus to sand but does not pick up the sand.

If the multifarm is not meant to be used for tree farming that is fine, but the only other method I see in this pack is either golems or the TC thing that will hold an axe. I'm hoping for a method I've not used before. I'm gonna look into Botania but I don't remember seeing a tree farm method in it. Could be tho.

Anyway, would like some comments ON THE MULTIFARM. I'll google for ideas using other methods, but my interest here is to find out about limitations placed on the multifarm.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble with my multifarm and I'm unsure why. I've had no quest for it that explains any changes so I figured it best to ask.
I've made an arboretum multifarm. Let us just say I experimented with it quite a bit and this was what I came up with.
The multifarm:
  • will only plant on humus.
  • will not accept humus inside as a valid item and therefore cannot be placed from within.
  • still turns humus to sand but does not pick up the sand.

If the multifarm is not meant to be used for tree farming that is fine, but the only other method I see in this pack is either golems or the TC thing that will hold an axe. I'm hoping for a method I've not used before. I'm gonna look into Botania but I don't remember seeing a tree farm method in it. Could be tho.

So first off the sand:
-If you haven't made a circuit board for the farm, get ready to do so, and it won't be the ones you need for mekanism. You'll also need some electron tubes most likely, depending on what you want to grow.
-A farm without a circuit board is a Manual Farm, and one with is a Managed Farm. The Manual one won't pick up sand, place dirt, or plant the initial seeds, but the Managed one will.
-Old, but still useful explanation of how multifarms work, some of this has changed. Seriously, whether you usually use wikis or not, this page is something you should read, there are a ton of mechanics you aren't going to learn otherwise:
http://ftbwiki.org/MultiFarm

Second, calm yourself please surrah, this is the internet, big posts on small issues is pretty much all we do, besides pron and memes. ;)

Reactions: fimbrethil

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
The multifarm's default mode is for trees. An automatic tree farm to be precise. It makes the humus itself, you don't feed that to it, you feed it normal dirt. It'll eventually wear out this humus and it'll turn to sand. It'll only replace that sand if there is dirt to replace it with.

Circuit Boards with Electron Tubes can be used to alter what the Multifarm farms. I think the only other useful one in this version (as I dont' think forestry handles agricraft crops in this version) would be the arboritum, the manual version of hte tree farm. This leaves the trees planted on it, and harvests produce from the leaves (for example a hill cherry tree would create cherries in the Abroitum.)

EDIT: Additionally, I beleive the smeltery is the only way to get alumite and certain other alloys..

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
EDIT: Additionally, I beleive the smeltery is the only way to get alumite and certain other alloys..

I can confirm Alumite, Pig Iron, Manullyn and Aluminum Brass. Bronzemight be able to be made in the Crucible - I haven't checked.

In addition, the Smeltery is the only way to make metal tools in this pack, as 'standard construction' picks/swords/etc. are as useful as a 'wet noodle'.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Manasteel and Terrasteel been exceptions to this
Thaumium and void metal. Koboldite as well I think. And the BM tools are still made the crazy BM way.

However he already suggested keeping the casting basin and tables to use with the crucible furnace as well as update the alloying for the vat. However the point about the smeltery being easy because the crucible furnace uses solid fuels misses the fact that the crucible furnace can run on lava as well for 90% of use cases.

But even if you were going to run it off of coal or coke blocks that is trivialized by the fact that it is simple to get those in thousands. I burn thousands of coal blocks a day leveling my terrashatere and void that much and more most days because its not worth taking the farm up and down.

All removing the smeltery does is make bulk ore processing take several crucible furnace s instead of one large smeltery, an annoying but not complicated piping job. Not to mention require even more mine tweaker work from tpl.

It's extra work for tpl just to slow the player down a bit in an annoying manner. The crucible furnace has to be used to make the smeltery and titanium, (i also use mine to make lava to power my smeltery) from a "use all the mods" view it is covered.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
You're making a lot of points as if I wasn't in agreement with them. I don't really appreciate that but maybe you read what I said in a different way than I intended. You've also made a really big post on something very small without discussing other issues, but that's okay.
I agree i very much latched on to the "144 iron is too much" bit. I had started the post only making my recipie ratio and massive amounts of resources happen almost by accident point in the morning, then went and put in the progression part after that idea came to me at work without rereading your post. It seems now more than likely that your other points were the seed of that idea. (Although i honestly really like the way i expressed it, which is what made the post so long ;) )

This is a fairly good farm for wood and apples using botania.
Using it for charcoal for endo flames is ok but not SS or even S terashatterer levels of mana. (fire,earth and creeper essence to TNT entropinium is my main mana). Before i had a golem to automate my farms i used a lumber axe with the smelting thing on it and 4X4 spruces, the only tool or weapon i used other than the botania ones. (updating botania for the terasteal axe is well worth it, btw)

Hopeful

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble using the chisel. Made it in a crafting table (according to NEI, a carpenter's block and iron ingot)..does nothing when I right click with it. Tried making it using stencils (chisel head and tool rod)...when I right click with it, it looks like I'm eating it..but nothing. No gui pops up.

Can someone help me so I can beautify my base? Thanks!

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble using the chisel. Made it in a crafting table (according to NEI, a carpenter's block and iron ingot)..does nothing when I right click with it. Tried making it using stencils (chisel head and tool rod)...when I right click with it, it looks like I'm eating it..but nothing. No gui pops up.

Use a stick and a piece of flint instead of the iron

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019

Yea those are different chisels. The one you want is crafted from a stick and a piece of flint and is from the mod Chisel 2.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Just discovered that Aer bees (and presumably the other bees that require 'Thaumic Flowers') will actually spread them. Because I know I hadn't gotten around to making the Shimmerleaf that I just found under a Dark Oak (Cinderpearls are actually fairly easy with no purple residue). Time to clear out the other flowers to make room!

Andale

Jul 29, 2019
So first off the sand:
-If you haven't made a circuit board for the farm, get ready to do so, and it won't be the ones you need for mekanism. You'll also need some electron tubes most likely, depending on what you want to grow.
-A farm without a circuit board is a Manual Farm, and one with is a Managed Farm. The Manual one won't pick up sand, place dirt, or plant the initial seeds, but the Managed one will.
-Old, but still useful explanation of how multifarms work, some of this has changed. Seriously, whether you usually use wikis or not, this page is something you should read, there are a ton of mechanics you aren't going to learn otherwise:
http://ftbwiki.org/MultiFarm

Second, calm yourself please surrah, this is the internet, big posts on small issues is pretty much all we do, besides pron and memes. ;)

I made the circuit board and placed the tubes and have read the site on many occasions. I have made many of these in the past, but am having issues with this one. My confusion is that the Dirt/Humus would not shift+click or drop into the multifarm gui and could not be piped whether there was a circuit or not. I could insert saps, it would place & chop & pick up, but the dirt didn't work.
Anyway, I've moved on to a Botania farm but this still causes issue as I'd hoped to do other things with the multifarm if possible.

Oh, I'm just postin' thoughts. There's no real anger behind it. It is the internet and you just gotta roll with things.

However the point about the smeltery being easy because the crucible furnace uses solid fuels misses the fact that the crucible furnace can run on lava as well for 90% of use cases.

I may not have described it well but my issue is not with the fuel, that was just an additional point. My issue is that on every pack I can make a smeltery with a minimum of effort with a couple stacks of gravel/sand and not too much effort. You can make a smeltery without ever building a tool.

BUT...

I wasn't the one who did it on this pack and did not know that it required the Crucible Furnace to make it. Which satisfies me pretty well for this.

Andale

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Rannuncarpus not working? I realize how they work, but mine never seem to pick up the items.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Rannuncarpus not working? I realize how they work, but mine never seem to pick up the items.
How have you got it set up? Bear in mind they use the block below their 'soil' as a filter for what they're allowed to plant on, so if there's none of that block around it won't be able to place the blocks you're feeding it. They also have a rather small range of detection of items for placing IIRC, so make sure you're dropping them close enough.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Also near by hopper hawks can mess up the ran if they are not filtered. Ie trying to use a hopper hawk to drop saplings on a ran seems to fail when ever I try it. They will just sort of bounce ontop of the Ran with neither flower actually picking them up.

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
My confusion is that the Dirt/Humus would not shift+click or drop into the multifarm gui and could not be piped whether there was a circuit or not. I could insert saps, it would place & chop & pick up, but the dirt didn't work.

Haven't played Regrowth in a while and I might be confusing this with a different pack, but I think there were two block IDs for dirt(3 and 3:1 IIRC) and maybe that is why you weren't able to shift-click? Again, I might be completely missing the point, but maybe someone else can confirm this.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't played Regrowth in a while and I might be confusing this with a different pack, but I think there were two block IDs for dirt(3 and 3:1 IIRC) and maybe that is why you weren't able to shift-click? Again, I might be completely missing the point, but maybe someone else can confirm this.
Yup, don't remember what does this is this pack, but it's an issue I've encountered before, and it also happens when you boil sludge with MineFactory in other packs.

Andale

Jul 29, 2019
How have you got it set up?

Was purely doing testing to see range and function and had two layers of dirt with flowers atop (no grass). I threw birch saps directly onto the flowers with no result. I'm wondering if it has to do with the block ID issue mentioned below. No other flowers were preset at the time to address what Ravenascendant said.
(If this doesn't work I can always use a Filler from BC.)

Yup, don't remember what does this is this pack, but it's an issue I've encountered before, and it also happens when you boil sludge with MineFactory in other packs.

I'll double check when I get on today. Thanks.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[sarcasm]
Oh yay. I just found a fantastic bug.
[/sarcasm]
Seriously tho.
I assume it is not a bug only for this pack tho, probably the mod.
If you open a Bagginses bag then press a number key to swap a different bag into the hotbar in place of that bag then you will copy the contents of the first and replace the contents of the second.
Does the way I wrote this make sense?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
As to the dirt issue. All of my dirt was ID 3.

An image of the flower on two dirt blocks with more nearby and birch saps dropped.
http://i.imgur.com/SX6hztD.png

Last edited:

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Was purely doing testing to see range and function and had two layers of dirt with flowers atop (no grass). I threw birch saps directly onto the flowers with no result. I'm wondering if it has to do with the block ID issue mentioned below. No other flowers were preset at the time to address what Ravenascendant said.
(If this doesn't work I can always use a Filler from BC.)

I'll double check when I get on today. Thanks.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[sarcasm]
Oh yay. I just found a fantastic bug.
[/sarcasm]
Seriously tho.
I assume it is not a bug only for this pack tho, probably the mod.
If you open a Bagginses bag then press a number key to swap a different bag into the hotbar in place of that bag then you will copy the contents of the first and replace the contents of the second.
Does the way I wrote this make sense?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
As to the dirt issue. All of my dirt was ID 3.

An image of the flower on two dirt blocks with more nearby and birch saps dropped.
http://i.imgur.com/SX6hztD.png
Is there bare dirt nearby? All I can see is grass. Techecly different blocks. May have to make boarder to stop grass spread...