[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Andale

Jul 29, 2019
The platform is bare dirt, I should have done an above shot as well, but that is a 3x3 of dirt with the flower in the corner and a second dirt under the block the flower is on.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
ahh much more obvious on a computer than on my phone. hmmmm. try testing it with cobble (as either the block tossed at or the under/target block?) (Or as both as that should make a tower, i need to try this) verified that you can plant that saplin on the platform? the saplings are just sitting there and not getting planted in cave or something?
restarted minecraft and/or your server?
I have a rann panting tnt for my entropion and in my living rock/wood farm. i know they can work.
(i have reached the spamming suggestions phase, which means that i have no other useful advice. sorry)

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yay. I just found a fantastic bug.
Someone else found it first ;) https://github.com/lorddusk/Bagginses/issues/6

An image of the flower on two dirt blocks with more nearby and birch saps dropped.
http://i.imgur.com/SX6hztD.png
The platform is bare dirt, I should have done an above shot as well, but that is a 3x3 of dirt with the flower in the corner and a second dirt under the block the flower is on.
Bizarre.. I replicated your setup, and works perfectly fine. Using the stock Botania I presume?

Andale

Jul 29, 2019
I am on a nearly unchanged version of 0.7.4 having only added a fast leaf decay mod to the server. Even in my single player it does not pick up.
Since it does not seem to be a bug for anyone else then I'll just drop it and move on to another idea as to avoiding more pages just on this idea.

Also, dang. I'm surprised anyone had managed that bug. I only did cuz I caught the button on my mouse (has # keys on the side) while moving it across the other bag.

EDIT:
OH MY GAAAWWWD!!
I'm soooo dumb!

Happened to be on with someone and they noticed that my Birch saplings were the bloody Forestry Silver Birch. Apparently when I'd been testing the MultiFarm it converted them, which I hadn't expected without any bees nearby.

I feel so dumb for checking EVERYTHING but the sapling. Didn't occur to me that mod saps may not work because I just automatically went for the vanilla Birch.

Last edited:
Reactions: rivvest

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I am on a nearly unchanged version of 0.7.4 having only added a fast leaf decay mod to the server. Even in my single player it does not pick up.
Since it does not seem to be a bug for anyone else then I'll just drop it and move on to another idea as to avoiding more pages just on this idea.

Also, dang. I'm surprised anyone had managed that bug. I only did cuz I caught the button on my mouse (has # keys on the side) while moving it across the other bag.

--snip--

I feel so dumb for checking EVERYTHING but the sapling. Didn't occur to me that mod saps may not work because I just automatically went for the vanilla Birch.

Hmmm? Now why would that cause such a thing? Interesting.... I agree that's likely the cause of the issue, but from what I know of the two mods it seems odd that a sapling of that nature would be unplantable....

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm? Now why would that cause such a thing? Interesting.... I agree that's likely the cause of the issue, but from what I know of the two mods it seems odd that a sapling of that nature would be unplantable....
Quick research is suggesting it has something do with the nature of the NBT tags.. Botany flowers fail to plant as well. Interestingly enough, Forestry leaves, which have similar NBT, will place.. but are transparent. Other items with "simpler" NBT data seem to work just fine. Still.. seems odd.

AquaVirus

Jul 29, 2019
Bug: You can use the stripe pipe to get things like Cobalt and Ardite right after reaching the gold stage.
I consider it a bug because I'm pretty sure that we are not supposed to be able to do that.
Also, you can take infinite liquids from multiblock iron tanks, even trough pipes.
(( The stripe pipe can break blocks. ))
By the way, I registered just to post this lol

Reactions: rivvest

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Bug: You can use the stripe pipe to get things like Cobalt and Ardite right after reaching the gold stage.
I consider it a bug because I'm pretty sure that we are not supposed to be able to do that.
Also, you can take infinite liquids from multiblock iron tanks, even trough pipes.
(( The stripe pipe can break blocks. ))
By the way, I registered just to post this lol

I have to wonder if this is a bug or just pure genius.

Monkey437

Jul 29, 2019
When ever I try to load my world It crashes and says A fatal error has occurred Connection terminated. I don't know why it has been doing this just recently before I could go on my world just fine. Any helpÉ

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
When ever I try to load my world It crashes and says A fatal error has occurred Connection terminated. I don't know why it has been doing this just recently before I could go on my world just fine. Any helpÉ
Post entire log in spoiler plox.

Monkey437

Jul 29, 2019
Manually update Mariculture, its an issue with the air pump that you've got placed in your world somewhere.

Now I remember, the fatal errors did start to happen right after I completed the air pump quests and placed down my air pumps. Are there any tutorials on how to manually update mods? (I'm not that good with computers xD)

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Now I remember, the fatal errors did start to happen right after I completed the air pump quests and placed down my air pumps. Are there any tutorials on how to manually update mods? (I'm not that good with computers xD)
Okay, to start with, go here: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/68023-mariculture/files/2234977 and download the file. Put it somewhere on your computer you'll be able to find again.
Next, open up the FTB launcher and select Regrowth. Select the Edit Mod Pack button, I've attached a pic in the spoiler tag below to help you know what you're looking for.
In that window, you want to find Mariculture in the left panel, select it, then hit the disable button. Then, click the add mod button at the bottom and in the window that pops up navigate to where you downloaded the above file to. Select it and click open and you've got it installed. Then just simply close the edit modpack window and launch the pack like usual.

Reactions: fimbrethil

Monkey437

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, to start with, go here: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/68023-mariculture/files/2234977 and download the file. Put it somewhere on your computer you'll be able to find again.
Next, open up the FTB launcher and select Regrowth. Select the Edit Mod Pack button, I've attached a pic in the spoiler tag below to help you know what you're looking for.
In that window, you want to find Mariculture in the left panel, select it, then hit the disable button. Then, click the add mod button at the bottom and in the window that pops up navigate to where you downloaded the above file to. Select it and click open and you've got it installed. Then just simply close the edit modpack window and launch the pack like usual.

Ok, I tried, but it didn't work. (I may have not installed it correctly?) Buts here is my new log can you see if there is anything different?

http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/40787f4f

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I tried, but it didn't work. (I may have not installed it correctly?) Buts here is my new log can you see if there is anything different?

http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/40787f4f
Still the same issue. That updated version deifinitely should have that bug fixed in it, but it may be a lingering packet causing the issue. You probably need to look at removing the offending air pump using something like MCEdit, but honestly I'm not very experienced at doing that myself so you'll probably want to ask for someone else to help you do it.

Monkey437

Jul 29, 2019
Still the same issue. That updated version deifinitely should have that bug fixed in it, but it may be a lingering packet causing the issue. You probably need to look at removing the offending air pump using something like MCEdit, but honestly I'm not very experienced at doing that myself so you'll probably want to ask for someone else to help you do it.

Thank you so much for trying to help, This modpack is the best!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Shouldn't be too difficult to explain.

First locate your FTB folder (It's usually recommended to have it on your desktop.)
Inside, find the Regrowth folder. Inside that is a Minecraft folder, and inside that is a Mods folder. Inside there should be a .jar file that starts off with 'Mariculture'. Make note of this.

You can download the Mariculture mod here: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/68023-mariculture/files

The version that is in my copy of Regrowth is 1.2.4.1a, dated April 2, 2015. I don't know if using the newest version will break anything, so start by downloading that.

Once you have downloaded it, replace the Mariculture mod that is in your Regrowth folder with the newer one. (Just drag the old one out and drag the new one in.)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Just a note. If you have a small, enclosed space on the nether side of your portal, and you leave it idle for a long period of time, it will become packed to the walls with pigmen. If you then enter that small enclosed space through the portal, it will be very hard to navigate. The inevitable will happen. Also, a small horde will appear on the Overworld side when you respawn.

RIP my stuff.

*goes to craft backups for the rescue mission*