[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

The_Stubbs

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, what was the original error?

It was an actual failure on my drive, some system files were a bit mixed up due to a power failure.

I've actually managed to solve the problem, it seems that there was a chunk missing that somehow was affecting everything around it. I removed it and regened the chunks around it and now everything is back to normal. :D

Reactions: rivvest

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
fyi it's two ;)

And as for botania, we updated it on our server to fix the botania flowers unlink ing issue we were having and just told the mod it was the version it shipped with the pack. It works. Just load up botania 194 and it should work. Others might but we did not go further as they add more blocks to the game.

I'm still pretty sure that someone will be able to figure out a setup to auto-craft the decaying flowers and end up with a surplus when all's said and done. ;D

Reactions: Booker The Geek

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
It was an actual failure on my drive, some system files were a bit mixed up due to a power failure.

I've actually managed to solve the problem, it seems that there was a chunk missing that somehow was affecting everything around it. I removed it and regened the chunks around it and now everything is back to normal. :D
Awesome! Glad to hear it. Good luck surrah. ;)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows if there is a way/block from any mod in the modpack to detect a mob/wither? (so a simple "If there is an entity around -> emit redstone signal". I only found the eye of the ancient which only works for animals)

Trying to make an automation for wither-spawning using golems. And while I kinda made a system with the hourglasses of automagy: It's pretty much perfectly set "on the second" with no room for failures in time-management, so on a server with a bit of lag and all pretty impossible to use without loosing the golems all the time.
It's my first try to set something like that up (never tried it before) so not sure if I oversee something pretty obvious how to tell the golems "Don't act while Wither is there", using the golem fetter. Would be happy about hints/advices about that.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows if there is a way/block from any mod in the modpack to detect a mob/wither? (so a simple "If there is an entity around -> emit redstone signal". I only found the eye of the ancient which only works for animals)

Trying to make an automation for wither-spawning using golems. And while I kinda made a system with the hourglasses of automagy: It's pretty much perfectly set "on the second" with no room for failures in time-management, so on a server with a bit of lag and all pretty impossible to use without loosing the golems all the time.
It's my first try to set something like that up (never tried it before) so not sure if I oversee something pretty obvious how to tell the golems "Don't act while Wither is there", using the golem fetter. Would be happy about hints/advices about that.
Pressure plates where the wither spawns/falls? Can't remember if there are warded/otherwise wither proof versions of those...
Waiiitttt. Arcane ear. Can that thing be set to the wither noises, or even explosions?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Pressure plates where the wither spawns/falls? Can't remember if there are warded/otherwise wither proof versions of those...
Waiiitttt. Arcane ear. Can that thing be set to the wither noises, or even explosions?

I think it can only attuned to noteblocks, sadly not really to anything it "hears" player/mob-wise.

But I will test a new way, over night I had the idea of maybe working with "Detect if netherstar was collected by hopperhock" to make the golems only activate after the Wither is dead.
Sometimes ideas come right before falling asleep xD

[edit]
*sigh* Had a good working system planned out... just to notice that the use-core for Golems seems useless on a server (cause of no mob-griefing or so x.x).

Anyone knows another way, with the mods of this modpack, to autoplace a wither into the world?
I heard about some mechanic with witchery but no idea about it. (and if it's worth the effort, since the server only allows to place withers in the nether... so don't want to build a whole witchery-altar-setup there. Besides automating and protecting it from getting destroyed seems really difficult with how the rituals work)

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I think it can only attuned to noteblocks, sadly not really to anything it "hears" player/mob-wise.

But I will test a new way, over night I had the idea of maybe working with "Detect if netherstar was collected by hopperhock" to make the golems only activate after the Wither is dead.
Sometimes ideas come right before falling asleep xD

[edit]
*sigh* Had a good working system planned out... just to notice that the use-core for Golems seems useless on a server (cause of no mob-griefing or so x.x).

Anyone knows another way, with the mods of this modpack, to autoplace a wither into the world?
I heard about some mechanic with witchery but no idea about it. (and if it's worth the effort, since the server only allows to place withers in the nether... so don't want to build a whole witchery-altar-setup there. Besides automating and protecting it from getting destroyed seems really difficult with how the rituals work)
That would be close to the same ritual you use to summon the red demon Witchery adds. There may be a "charged stone instead of altar" version of the ritual, in which case you would only need to protect the chalk lines. Since the clearance needed by summoning rituals is 7x4x7 (xyz), you can probably build a box of warded stone or other blocks around that, then place the chalk outside it. I know there are a couple posts somewhere in the thread where people have made a wither farm this way.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the hints.

AE2 formation planes is about "Drop the wither while it spawns so it cannot destroy them"?
(cause I don't think you can ward them... I guess)

Luckily the server allowed golems again to place blocks, so my setup does work. *cheers* Still might try these ideas in creative. You can never have enough setups for getting some netherstars. :)

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the hints.

AE2 formation planes is about "Drop the wither while it spawns so it cannot destroy them"?
(cause I don't think you can ward them... I guess)
Yeah letting the wither drop and/or pushing it out of range with water while it's charging up. Could even teleport it if there's anything available to do so

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Automagy has a way to detect mobs, don't remember the name off chance.

Place a 2x2x3 of arcane levatators and use golems to place the wither on top of it.
the levatators will push the wither out of the blast zone.
botania has a flower that will kill the wither.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I'm still pretty sure that someone will be able to figure out a setup to auto-craft the decaying flowers and end up with a surplus when all's said and done. ;D
I'm still wondering why people build these mega stacks of hydroangeas, anyway. An endoflame is superior is pretty much every respect. Yes, hydroangeas may be pure passive, but you'd need 40 of them plus the massive freaking tank of water multiple spreaders and mana pools and an overly complex system of mana transfer to equal 5 endo flames, 1 mana spreader, 1 mana pool, and a simple wood farm.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
To answer the queries regarding what will happen with the passive flowers come 0.8:
Code:
- Botania
    - In line with Vazkii's request to pack devs in general, Passive flowers will now wither. 
        - As a middle ground between the old setting and the new default it has been set to wither after 5 in-game days

Reactions: Tairgire

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
To answer the queries regarding what will happen with the passive flowers come 0.8:
Code:
- Botania
    - In line with Vazkii's request to pack devs in general, Passive flowers will now wither.
        - As a middle ground between the old setting and the new default it has been set to wither after 5 in-game days
I wonder if that includes the floating versions of passive flowers.

Millicent Oak

Jul 29, 2019
My initial reaction was that it's probably for the best, but thinking about it more, I've got at least two hopperhocks and one of those thingies that stops my cows wandering off, all with their own small passive mana sources. I guess I may have to look into some railcraft to deliver charcoal to them and have endoflames there instead, considering that railcraft is another mod I rarely use, but I've gotta say I'm tempted to replace them with golems and fences, respectively. Seems a much lower-maintenance solution.

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
We have those ender-barrels. (I can't recall the proper name if that's not it.) You can link two Jabba barrels. I've used this so that my blaze rod farm can supply my endoflames. A golem puts the blaze rods in a barrel by the farm, and the barrel feeds a hopper or some such that fuels the endoflames. Yes, fences are lower maintenance, but magic flowers are more fun (at least I think so).