[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Just discovered an amazing little shortcut with making Botania functional flowers, Comparators will detect the state of a Petal Apothecary, 0 signal when empty and 15 signal when filled with water!

So, set up droppers above the Apothecary and link them with redstone to the Comparator monitoring the Apothecary. Load up your droppers with the recipe, 1 item per dropper, then hit the Apothecary with either a Rod of the Seas or water bucket and presto! Your new flower. Just be sure to stand back so you dont pick up the dropped items while they are dropped.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Just discovered an amazing little shortcut with making Botania functional flowers, Comparators will detect the state of a Petal Apothecary, 0 signal when empty and 15 signal when filled with water!

So, set up droppers above the Apothecary and link them with redstone to the Comparator monitoring the Apothecary. Load up your droppers with the recipe, 1 item per dropper, then hit the Apothecary with either a Rod of the Seas or water bucket and presto! Your new flower. Just be sure to stand back so you dont pick up the dropped items while they are dropped.
Now you just need a golem to fill it up with water and a redstone signal telling him when you want to make a flower and they're 100% automated.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to pipe water into the apothecary? Could skip the Golem altogether if it is.
no, but its possible to put an everfull urn next to it and watch it fill magically and automatically. (you can also drop buckets of water onto it)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019

Rather than have 1 dropper per item, have the signal inverted and leading to a hopper pointed at an open crate. Water in the apothecary = hopper allowed to run, feeding items into the crate, and the hopper would stop as soon as the apothecary was emptied too.

Reactions: fimbrethil

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Rather than have 1 dropper per item, have the signal inverted and leading to a hopper pointed at an open crate. Water in the apothecary = hopper allowed to run, feeding items into the crate, and the hopper would stop as soon as the apothecary was emptied too.

Ehh, the only issue I can see with that would be how to get the hopper to fill correctly. If there's more than one item in the first slot (or in the inventory connected to it) it'll just pull stuff through the first slot until there's nothing left, then go to the second.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Ehh, the only issue I can see with that would be how to get the hopper to fill correctly. If there's more than one item in the first slot (or in the inventory connected to it) it'll just pull stuff through the first slot until there's nothing left, then go to the second.
Just have all the items start in the inventory above and not in the hopper itself. It pulls and feeds at the same rate so doing that would mean the items only ever feed through the first slot and not mess up the order. Alternatively, just make sure to put the seeds in the last slot in the hopper.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Just have all the items start in the inventory above and not in the hopper itself. It pulls and feeds at the same rate so doing that would mean the items only ever feed through the first slot and not mess up the order. Alternatively, just make sure to put the seeds in the last slot in the hopper.

Well, yeah, but if you want to mass produce stuff, you'd have to load the inventory yourself (or you'd need a complicated set-up that would take into account the first slot constantly emptying), and it would only produce as much as the inventory could hold like that. With the droppers, you'd need more wiring to get things into the apothecary, but you could have multiple stacks put in the droppers and have them all drop one item per pulse, and have hoppers feed into the droppers to increase production capacity. That way, it'd just chug away on its own, with maybe a hopperhock hooked up to a chest with an item frame to catch the end product as it's produced.

What I mean is, the hopper/open crate option is valid, but the dropper option allows for a lot more production per filling cycle, as well as options to plug it into an inventory system and have it produce things so long as the resources last.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Well, yeah, but if you want to mass produce stuff, you'd have to load the inventory yourself (or you'd need a complicated set-up that would take into account the first slot constantly emptying), and it would only produce as much as the inventory could hold like that. With the droppers, you'd need more wiring to get things into the apothecary, but you could have multiple stacks put in the droppers and have them all drop one item per pulse, and have hoppers feed into the droppers to increase production capacity. That way, it'd just chug away on its own, with maybe a hopperhock hooked up to a chest with an item frame to catch the end product as it's produced.

What I mean is, the hopper/open crate option is valid, but the dropper option allows for a lot more production per filling cycle, as well as options to plug it into an inventory system and have it produce things so long as the resources last.
Why not use both options?

• Place everfull urn next to a petal apothecary. (Or any other method to keep it full, I love magic)
  • Place an open crate 3 blocks above.
  • Put a hopper into the crate.
  • Place two dirt directly over the hopper
    • Or more if you want to make this able to auto-craft more items
  • Surround the with hoppers facing the dirt (four total for each dirt) and then remove the dirt.
  • Now you can fill the hoppers with your botania mats, use whatever method desired to trigger them in order.
  • Last requirement is to make sure the last hopper is seeds.
All you need to pick up the results is a filtered hopperhock. and now your done. :)

Reactions: fimbrethil

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019

We do have AE2, have the recipe for a flower saved, then pipe it out into different hoppers stacked on top of each other (for flowers, you really only need to delay the seeds, doesn't matter the order of everything else). And I just prefer to see the golems running around doing things, while also being able to tell them to stop filling the apothecary.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Why not use both options?

• Place everfull urn next to a petal apothecary. (Or any other method to keep it full, I love magic)
  • Place an open crate 3 blocks above.
  • Put a hopper into the crate.
  • Place two dirt directly over the hopper
    • Or more if you want to make this able to auto-craft more items
  • Surround the with hoppers facing the dirt (four total for each dirt) and then remove the dirt.
  • Now you can fill the hoppers with your botania mats, use whatever method desired to trigger them in order.
  • Last requirement is to make sure the last hopper is seeds.
All you need to pick up the results is a filtered hopperhock. and now your done. :)
Shouldn't need to be filtered, items have to be around for a bit before hopperhocks will notice them, and all the drops should just go straight into the apothecary's internal inventory anyways.

Steam dwarf

Jul 29, 2019
So it appears Lewis and Sjin of the Yogscast are going to be derping around on a Regrowth modpack series. I'm already placing bets on the number of deaths in the first few days to dire wolves.

Oh, this is gonna be good. i wonder if it will be just lewis and sjin, or if they bring in a third again. (if they do, i hope they bring in another yogs that they haven't minecrafted with in a while)

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Updating Mek will break ALL the associated scripts that change the recipes of nearly every mek machine. That crash is the same NEI issue as with AE - mek doesn't like machine recipes being reloaded and crashes on recipe lookup once that happens, same as AE does with the inscriber.

Ahh, ok. Apologies for any confusion. :)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, this is gonna be good. i wonder if it will be just lewis and sjin, or if they bring in a third again. (if they do, i hope they bring in another yogs that they haven't minecrafted with in a while)
Looks like just the two of them, they seem to be doing it as a continuation of their Druidz series.