[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my little setup.
The Alchemical-Construct will be moved, still in the works of setting things up where they're supposed to be after the initially "Just have it"-chaos ^^"

Screenshots explain it better than I could with word, so here they are:

The Essentia Mirrors (one for my Infusion altar, one meant for the essentia-pump)
Y5YqIfO.png

And my essentia-pump-alchemical-construct setup. Took me a little while to find the right angle to look at the spot where the essentia-pump is supposed to be directed to.
X4sOyFi.png

[edit]
About if you need the mirror or not:
You need it. The text of the research says, that the pump will draw the essentia out of a mirror :)
Very interesting, I'll have to look into modifying my own TC room

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah i dunno, I can only assume that when I tested it before I messed up the mirror linking or something, because it worked flawlessly this time. In case anyone's curious, the build I'm now able to do involves slapping the pump and a bunch of mnemonic matrices onto a construct, and then autocrafting a bunch of thaumcraft recipes via AE. The mirror will link to the essentia locus (which is in turn linked to all my jars). Previously I had a handful of constructs connected to jar-binding-sealed-jars, since I was limited by the number of types of essentia I could pipe into a single construct. Thanks!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Does anyone know if there's a way to predict what kind of bees come out of the hives created on the Botania Altar? I know there's no way to predict what comes out of world-gen hives, but I'm curious as to whether I can 'spend' an older Ignoble Princess for a chance to get a Pristine.

natelovesyou

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the help so far, everyone. But now it seems like I've hit an issue that I cannot figure out how to resolve. My games loves to crash - A LOT - this pack is more unstable than my ex... I find it very frustrating how bad the performance and stability is, but anyway. It crashes even when I'm doing something small like opening a chest, or reorganizing items, just about anything can do it. But this last crash was a doozy, I was moving items around in my manyullyn improved chest and got a CTD. No problem, started the game up again, but now when I try to load my world, it is now stuck on the "Loading world" screen. I've even left it there for over a half hour. I've tried reinstalling the pack and just placing in the save file and trying to load. Same issue. I cannot figure this out, and if the world is a goner I think that's my cue to put Minecraft down.

What do I do?

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Thanks for the help so far, everyone. But now it seems like I've hit an issue that I cannot figure out how to resolve. My games loves to crash - A LOT - this pack is more unstable than my ex... I find it very frustrating how bad the performance and stability is, but anyway. It crashes even when I'm doing something small like opening a chest, or reorganizing items, just about anything can do it. But this last crash was a doozy, I was moving items around in my manyullyn improved chest and got a CTD. No problem, started the game up again, but now when I try to load my world, it is now stuck on the "Loading world" screen. I've even left it there for over a half hour. I've tried reinstalling the pack and just placing in the save file and trying to load. Same issue. I cannot figure this out, and if the world is a goner I think that's my cue to put Minecraft down.

What do I do?
The crash report will help.

A Dropbox of the save would also help.

natelovesyou

Jul 29, 2019
The crash report will help.

A Dropbox of the save would also help.
Of course. Here's the crash report: http://pastebin.com/CFSUduEM - but while it wants to blame the Metallurgic Infuser, what's odd is that I think all 37 crashes I have mention it, but I am using the pack's version of Mekanism (I haven't touched it). I was getting mentions of the machine well before I had any technology going, and didn't even have my metallurgic infuser placed down at the time of the crash. Also, I have not touched my quest book in several days (I saw mention of deleting its folder, but I don't know if that's what's to be done).

Here's my save folder in a zip file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15912135/Finem Terrae - Copy.zip

Thanks for far.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if there's a way to predict what kind of bees come out of the hives created on the Botania Altar? I know there's no way to predict what comes out of world-gen hives, but I'm curious as to whether I can 'spend' an older Ignoble Princess for a chance to get a Pristine.

I dont think there's any way related to botania, but I'd say there is related to the hives themselves. I've found that rocky hives very often drop pristine princesses... probably because they have low fertility. So that's what I do, and it tends to work out pretty well.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019

I've no actual idea how it works code-wise, but I'd guess that the hives it gives you are identical to NEI/worldgen ones, so they likely have the same chances for drone numbers and pristine/ignoble chance. At least, I'd assume so since this is a custom recipe and I doubt TPL went in and mucked around with which hives make what depending on what kind of stuff goes in.

Reactions: OniyaMCD

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I've no actual idea how it works code-wise, but I'd guess that the hives it gives you are identical to NEI/worldgen ones, so they likely have the same chances for drone numbers and pristine/ignoble chance. At least, I'd assume so since this is a custom recipe and I doubt TPL went in and mucked around with which hives make what depending on what kind of stuff goes in.

Thanks! It makes it worth a roll of the dice, as it were. The only thing I could think of being a 'problem' would be if an Ignoble Princess in the recipe resulted in a definite Ignoble Princess in the resulting hive. Even then, it would be a fresh Ignoble Princess, which would save me some hive-hunting.

Sephirothrod

Jul 29, 2019
I am having an issue i hope someone can help me with When i am playing the pack everything is fine but when i get off for a little while and come back for some reason my world keeps resetting and when it resets i have the tinker's book and the black one but i don't have the HQM book can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
You may need to reset your HQM data. I believe there's a section in the FAQ post (#2 on the first page of this thread) that gives instructions on how to do that.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Of course. Here's the crash report: http://pastebin.com/CFSUduEM - but while it wants to blame the Metallurgic Infuser, what's odd is that I think all 37 crashes I have mention it, but I am using the pack's version of Mekanism (I haven't touched it). I was getting mentions of the machine well before I had any technology going, and didn't even have my metallurgic infuser placed down at the time of the crash. Also, I have not touched my quest book in several days (I saw mention of deleting its folder, but I don't know if that's what's to be done).

Here's my save folder in a zip file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15912135/Finem Terrae - Copy.zip

Thanks for far.
So it's not blaming the MI per say. In fact it's blaming the recipe handler that apparently comes with it. If you don't happen to have anything from Mekanism up yet, you could always take it out of the pack temporarily, and see if this fixes things. Otherwise update to a stable version of the mod?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
So it's not blaming the MI per say. In fact it's blaming the recipe handler that apparently comes with it. If you don't happen to have anything from Mekanism up yet, you could always take it out of the pack temporarily, and see if this fixes things. Otherwise update to a stable version of the mod?
Updating Mek will break ALL the associated scripts that change the recipes of nearly every mek machine. That crash is the same NEI issue as with AE - mek doesn't like machine recipes being reloaded and crashes on recipe lookup once that happens, same as AE does with the inscriber.

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
Update NEI, Update Railcraft, update Tinkers and lastly push buildvraft to the latest Buildcraft 6 version
That solved the crashes I was having.

natelovesyou

Jul 29, 2019
I have made lots of Mekanism stuff since then, but I was getting MI mentions in I believe every single crash report, even since the first day I played the pack. Real odd.

Edit: I temporarily disabled Mekanism and Mekanism Generators and tried to load a copy of my broken world, same issue. Eternal loading screen. :/
Updating Mek will break ALL the associated scripts that change the recipes of nearly every mek machine. That crash is the same NEI issue as with AE - mek doesn't like machine recipes being reloaded and crashes on recipe lookup once that happens, same as AE does with the inscriber.
Well my world is toast for now, do you have any suggestions or fixes? :/ I've really loved your pack, too, I was really disappointed when it stopped loading the world.

Last edited:

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I've returned to my SSP world and feeling good about it. After getting my feet wet in Applied Energistics in a couple other series, it's time to make plans for this one.

Reactions: fimbrethil