[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
It does say that it's a peaceful pack in the description in the FTB launcher, doesn't it? I suppose you could play in on non-peaceful, but yeah, it was intended as a peaceful pack. Which was really nice, since it was the first time I had played with Hardcore Darkness and all the stack sizes are nerfed (I did change Iguana Tweaks configs to allow 2 torches per recipes because I started in a snowy biome and between the snow/ice and 1 torch per recipes, I was slowly going insane. Must craft more torches. Must. Craft. Moar. Torches.).

BTW, Natura Tigerwood trees in my game are growing with a log block missing. Anyone know why? http://i.imgur.com/Wwrm29I.png

A pseudo ghost block (like a ghost block, but it doesn't wonkify your movement) is there. Put a log there, or a block of dirt or something, and it should go back to growing there. And before someone tells me I don't know what I'm talking about despite pointing out that this isn't a true ghost block (this has happened before, even after I said the EXACT SAME THING was happening to me), the EXACT SAME THING happened to me, so I know what I'm talking about.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
A pseudo ghost block (like a ghost block, but it doesn't wonkify your movement) is there. Put a log there, or a block of dirt or something, and it should go back to growing there. And before someone tells me I don't know what I'm talking about despite pointing out that this isn't a true ghost block (this has happened before, even after I said the EXACT SAME THING was happening to me), the EXACT SAME THING happened to me, so I know what I'm talking about.
... srsly?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I turn on cheat mode in every mod pack (the ones that allow me to, and if they don't there's nbt-edit) especially the ones that are alpha/beta, merely for the fact that mods tend to be able to break stuff
This, always this. SO many times something has broken and I've had to cheat around it to fix things. Though to be fair, I also cheat into creative if something starts damaging me and I don't know why, then switch back once I know what is causing it, so I have at least some time to figure out how to get away/fight it/whether the effect is even worth worrying about. That and I like to see what I'm building from above sometimes, so fly mode is useful for perspective.

And then I started playing hubris, where I'll likely have to /kill all the dryads that are covering the coast outside my giant boat base just so that my fps goes above ten or so.

natelovesyou

Jul 29, 2019
I attempted to update the mods after updating Java to see if that would help with my severe FPS issues. Now, something is causing ores to generate on a new world again and I've troubleshot 30 different mods individually to see which one did it. Please, does anyone know which mod disables ores? I can keep that one as the original version.

Also, as I said I've been trying to play Regrowth but noticed severe FPS issues, whereas I'm able to play Monster with no issues. I don't know how a barren wasteland is giving me so many issues (my CPU goes to about 75% usage from this pack, too, most other packs don't exceed 15-30) haha. Any tips? I updated Java, video card drivers, and turned settings down. I lag to about 1-5 fps when I get an achievement and the stupid fireworks go off, too, anyone know how to turn that off?

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
... srsly?

Last time, it was even the same person who I was trying to help that told me it obviously wasn't any kind of ghost block because they could move through it (and this was after I'd said it wasn't a normal ghost block). I'm just putting the whole "yes, it IS a kind of ghost block and I know what I'm talking about" thing because it was really annoying (not to mention kind of stupid) when I was being told that I was wrong even though the problem that was going on was the exact same one I'd previously ran into (and I'd said at the time that it wasn't a true ghost block, but kind of like one for lack of better wording).

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Last time, it was even the same person who I was trying to help that told me it obviously wasn't any kind of ghost block because they could move through it (and this was after I'd said it wasn't a normal ghost block). I'm just putting the whole "yes, it IS a kind of ghost block and I know what I'm talking about" thing because it was really annoying (not to mention kind of stupid) when I was being told that I was wrong even though the problem that was going on was the exact same one I'd previously ran into (and I'd said at the time that it wasn't a true ghost block, but kind of like one for lack of better wording).
I seem to remember this being an issue in Monster as well, but only with Natura trees. This happen for you with any other ones?

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to remember this being an issue in Monster as well, but only with Natura trees. This happen for you with any other ones?

It was with Witchery trees for me, back when it happened. I was also using bonemeal to grow them, so that may have caused some weird issue with the sapling/bottom log trying to be in the same place, somehow. I recall the last time it was brought up it was with Natura trees (I think, I could be wrong; it was some kind of really tall tree with a single-log trunk). Mine always gave issue on the bottom log, but Witchery trees aren't exactly tall, so I don't really have data myself on tall trees.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
It was an Amaranth. And I didn't tell you that you were wrong. You also didn't indicate until after I'd mentioned that I could walk through them that they were 'not the standard invisible ghost blocks.'

I've had trees that grow without the base block. Likely some weird kind of ghost blocks where you're missing tree trunk. Put some dirt or something in the gaps and break it and you should be fine.

Oh, the blocks are legit missing. I've grown several trees (including two previous Amaranths) off of the same spot with no issue.

Completely unrelated: Is it possible to use Dense Web in the Critter Trap mutation thing? I traded some raw pork chops to a spider earlier today.

Yeah, I'm not wrong. I even said I've been through the exact same thing. They're not the standard invisible ghost blocks. You can walk right through them and everything, but they stop tree trunks from growing. I had the issue when I was growing Witchery trees and the base block did the exact same thing. After your last tree harvest on that exact same spot, something wonky happened and now you've got pseudo borked ghost blocks there. Put dirt or something in the gaps and that should fix it.

Welp, considering that Amaranths routinely grow taller than I can reach from the ground, that's been taken care of now. :D

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Heads up.. I hit a pretty bad crash tonight. Had to rip out WitchingGadgets to keep from immediately crashing. I had equipped the Wolf Cloak and Kama and went off to fight Gaia II. When I got withered.. bad things. Seems to be a known issue, but wanted to throw it out here in case anyone else runs into it.
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Ticking player
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:181) ~[nc.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111) ~[bsx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [?:?]
Caused by: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:922) ~[?:1.7.0_80]
at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(HashMap.java:956) ~[?:1.7.0_80]
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70679_bo(EntityLivingBase.java:521) ~[sv.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70030_z(EntityLivingBase.java:293) ~[sv.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.Entity.func_70071_h_(Entity.java:318) ~[sa.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1561) ~[sv.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_70071_h_(EntityPlayer.java:288) ~[yz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.func_71127_g(EntityPlayerMP.java:295) ~[mw.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147347_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:303) ~[nh.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer.func_148833_a(SourceFile:137) ~[jd.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer$C04PacketPlayerPosition.func_148833_a(SourceFile:63) ~[je.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212) ~[ej.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165) ~[nc.class:?]

Last edited:

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
It was an Amaranth. And I didn't tell you that you were wrong. You also didn't indicate until after I'd mentioned that I could walk through them that they were 'not the standard invisible ghost blocks.'

"Weird kind of ghost blocks" implies that they're not the standard ghost blocks that bork movement. Generally when something is a weird kind of X, that means it's not quite the same thing as standard X. You also didn't outright tell me I was wrong, but you did dismiss what I said by saying "Oh, the blocks are legit missing" which implies that you believe I'm wrong. In this case, it was by virtue of the pseudo ghost blocks not being "standard" ghost blocks, which led you to believe I was completely wrong. Either way, it sounds like josseriot's issue is the same thing.

@McFrugal no, we're talking about weird pseudo ghost blocks. If I'm not mistaken, Railcraft heat blocks are disabled by default in Regrowth (at least, I assume so since my Tinker's Construct smeltery put together fine even after I was running around inside the pre-made structure).

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I attempted to update the mods after updating Java to see if that would help with my severe FPS issues. Now, something is causing ores to generate on a new world again and I've troubleshot 30 different mods individually to see which one did it. Please, does anyone know which mod disables ores? I can keep that one as the original version.

Also, as I said I've been trying to play Regrowth but noticed severe FPS issues, whereas I'm able to play Monster with no issues. I don't know how a barren wasteland is giving me so many issues (my CPU goes to about 75% usage from this pack, too, most other packs don't exceed 15-30) haha. Any tips? I updated Java, video card drivers, and turned settings down. I lag to about 1-5 fps when I get an achievement and the stupid fireworks go off, too, anyone know how to turn that off?
Even though I don't have any real problems with java 8, I've heard many people saying that modded minecraft is not yet officially supported by java 8, so try the latest version of java.
Also, unless you're really experienced with modding minecraft yourself, DON'T update mods in a modpack with custom recipes and ore generation, it is very likely that one of the updated mods said 'oh this is a newer version and the config that already exists is for an older version, let me reload it to the default config', reverting to the previous version of the mod won't actually solve this problem, only redownloading the pack (or restoring a config backup) will remove that oregen again.

As for the FPS issues: try decreasing the render distance drastically (it does help) and actually putting a cap on the fps (like 30, it might look horrible, but instead of fluctuating between 1 and unlimited, it will stabilize at the amount you cap it too, if the cap is low enough, you might of course still get the occasional lag spike, but it's modded minecraft, don't expect miracles)
and for the fireworks, I believe someone mentioned which config it was in one of the previous pages, doing a Ctrl+f might do the trick ;)

And I don't mean to be rude, but you are just using the standard minecraft texturepack right? Just saying that it would be an obvious answer for fps issues if you weren't, and you know, lot's of people like a bit of hi-res :p

Edit: and because I'm a nice bloke, this is the post in which the config was mentioned: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...m-pack-now-listed.57184/page-519#post-1204602

Reactions: JustHeyo

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
@natelovesyou There are multiple ways to try and deal with FPS issues.
First: play on a server. Sounds weird but Minecraft actually runs a local server with only the player allowed to connect. If you 'outsource' the server bit by renting a server (there are many server rentals available out there) and allowing only YOU to play onto it you can vastly improve your performance. Keep in mind the server does all calculations for all players, so inviting some friends will hurt the FPS again.
Second: Tweak the video options. Standard is "Fancy" alongside with "12 chunks", for some players that is too much.
Third: We already got Fastcraft in the pack and Fastcraft for the most part 'gets along' with Optifine. But careful, the usage of both these mods at the same time 'can' also worsen your FPS issue. Plus Optifine does not improve performance on some machines at all ...

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Also, speaking about optifine (I'm not actually following the news/updates on it) in 1.6.4 there was a huge issue with TiCon where it wouldn't display the fluids in the smeltery interface, so you wouldn't be able to switch them out if there were multiple fluids. Optifine is a great mod for improving fps, but it didn't (and maybe still doesn't) get along with mods using advanced custom render methods..

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Actually for FPS, setting Framerate to Unlimited usually(tm) improves overall FPS. Turning off Vsync can help as well. I get 56 FPS with Vsync on and 110 FPS with it off. I am guessing that is due to Vsync ending up locking you to around the refresh rate of your monitor. You can also try setting Smooth Lighting to Off.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, does anyone know how a Mana Lens: Weight affects Thaumcraft warded blocks and similar things that are usually blacklisted from block-moving things? I'm not equipped to test it out, but I just started wondering if someone could use that mana lens to remove warded blocks or mess with nodes, among other similar things.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, does anyone know how a Mana Lens: Weight affects Thaumcraft warded blocks and similar things that are usually blacklisted from block-moving things? I'm not equipped to test it out, but I just started wondering if someone could use that mana lens to remove warded blocks or mess with nodes, among other similar things.
thinking about how Vazkii is doing awesome things with TC compatability I'm guessing that it wouldn't be possible to move warded blocks with a mana lens: weight, but testing sure wouldn't hurt.
except for Thaumcraft, what other unmoveable blocks can you remember out of the top of your head?

Edit: did a quick search in the botania changelog, got this:
R1.1 68
  • Fixed Mana Lenses displaying weird on item frames.
  • Fixed the Weight lens being able to move Tile Entities and unbreaking blocks like bedrock.
I suppose that answers the question

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
thinking about how Vazkii is doing awesome things with TC compatability I'm guessing that it wouldn't be possible to move warded blocks with a mana lens: weight, but testing sure wouldn't hurt.
except for Thaumcraft, what other unmoveable blocks can you remember out of the top of your head?

Edit: did a quick search in the botania changelog, got this:
R1.1 68
  • Fixed Mana Lenses displaying weird on item frames.
  • Fixed the Weight lens being able to move Tile Entities and unbreaking blocks like bedrock.
I suppose that answers the question

Huh, nifty. The only other ones I was really worried about are nodes (randomization, or just outright borking the heck out of 'em), but I don't know what kind of block they are (tile entity, I guess? I have no idea), and any other blocks that come to mind (sorry, I can't think of more right now, I just started rewatching Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, so my brain is quite fried). That said, I'm not certain that TC warded blocks count as unbreakable, considering how the original warder/place/whatever can still break them (I mean, I'd assume they count for everything other than that person, but I've no idea).

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, nifty. The only other ones I was really worried about are nodes (randomization, or just outright borking the heck out of 'em), but I don't know what kind of block they are (tile entity, I guess? I have no idea), and any other blocks that come to mind (sorry, I can't think of more right now, I just started rewatching Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, so my brain is quite fried). That said, I'm not certain that TC warded blocks count as unbreakable, considering how the original warder/place/whatever can still break them (I mean, I'd assume they count for everything other than that person, but I've no idea).
IIRC, the placer can't break their own blocks (not glass, as that's been changed to be its own separate block with its own recipe) if warded unless they un-ward them first. Also, the mana lens would have no interaction to tell if it could move them, even if the placer was the one to use the mana lens.