[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Can I remove Ender Zoo or will that cause problems with completing the quest line?
I... don't think there are any ender zoo quests? You can edit the config to turn off dire wolves and make ender minis no longer attack creepers, as well.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I... don't think there are any ender zoo quests? You can edit the config to turn off dire wolves and make ender minis no longer attack creepers, as well.

Seeing how the endermini issue is being reconfigured in .8 (per the drop box) and the Dire wolf spawn issue is also being addressed, changing both of those configs while playing 0.7x shouldn't cause a problem.

Cyn

Jul 29, 2019
Has anything been said about the release date for 0.8? Had a lot of fun in an earlier version and wanting to get back in it and start up a new world but with a new version around the corner I'm waiting... and trying to be patient. :)

Love it btw.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Has anything been said about the release date for 0.8? Had a lot of fun in an earlier version and wanting to get back in it and start up a new world but with a new version around the corner I'm waiting... and trying to be patient. :)

Love it btw.

There's been a lot going on. Just from watching the version-check at loading, several of the key mods have had updates. From my days in software testing, every time there's a major change in a component, there's a period of time where you have to re-establish stability of the whole with a closed test. Otherwise, the people in the open test either a) flood you with thousands of reports or b) get overly frustrated with an unstable build. I know we're in the period where TPL is doing the closed test, since he's mentioned someone streaming 0.8 once.

Also, TPL is a student, and I know that the school year is coming to a close here in the States. Put modpack development up against studying for finals, and the priority should be on finals.

So, tl;dr - it'll be here when it gets here. Until then, I am taking a page from the great Sherlock Holmes, and retiring to the countryside to take up beekeeping. (And perhaps fishing...) ;)

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I went ahead and disabled the entire mod. I...I kind of hate that mod, and any other mod that adds super hostile types of mobs. The vanilla hostile mobs are annoying enough for me, and having to work around NEI crashes to play this pack in current state is enough of a bummer without having my day ruined by enderminis, concussion creepers and fallen knights.

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I went ahead and disabled the entire mod. I...I kind of hate that mod, and any other mod that adds super hostile types of mobs.

I find EnderZoo more annoying than anything, but that's because those darned concussion creepers are CONSTANTLY EXPLODING. I am also not a fan of the super hostile mob addons, and I thought it was just my usual scaredy-cat tendencies but I had an epiphany last night and realized it's not that... It's that for most of those types of addons, you have the super hard mobs mixed into the overworld with all the regular easy mode mobs. There's no progression to ensure you're adequately equipped when you encounter them. Vanilla does have this progression. Overworld mobs are easiest. Next are the things you encounter underground (dungeons with spawners, cave spiders), then the Nether mobs, then Nether Fortress mobs, then the End. It gets progressively harder and you can avoid going to those places until you're equipped enough to handle them. (After playing a mod pack that has Infernal Mobs and Lycanite's, though, EnderZoo is sorta mild.)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
you'll be spending your time getting every available resource via forestry? sweet!

Seeing what I can accomplish, at any rate. I do still have other bits that need doing, but this is my current distraction. Currently working my way up to Imperial and Industrious so I can get the last bits I need for an Alveary. (I'm really looking forward to the 'small chance for extra princess' change in the next version.)

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
I find EnderZoo more annoying than anything, but that's because those darned concussion creepers are CONSTANTLY EXPLODING. I am also not a fan of the super hostile mob addons, and I thought it was just my usual scaredy-cat tendencies but I had an epiphany last night and realized it's not that... It's that for most of those types of addons, you have the super hard mobs mixed into the overworld with all the regular easy mode mobs. There's no progression to ensure you're adequately equipped when you encounter them. Vanilla does have this progression. Overworld mobs are easiest. Next are the things you encounter underground (dungeons with spawners, cave spiders), then the Nether mobs, then Nether Fortress mobs, then the End. It gets progressively harder and you can avoid going to those places until you're equipped enough to handle them. (After playing a mod pack that has Infernal Mobs and Lycanite's, though, EnderZoo is sorta mild.)
I get what you're saying but I don't recall seeing any progression in Infinity with Ender Zoo. I fiddled with the configs a lot and added it back just to see if I can tolerate a watered down version of it. It's just I don't enjoy the wonky, silly combat aspect of Minecraft or its aggravating system for spawning hostile entities--those are the last things I would play Minecraft for. I just want to play around with farming, gardening and tech mods. I really wish more modpacks were playable in peaceful mode for those of us who just want to farm, build and craft stuff in survival, and I already completed Pathfinder. :(

Reactions: Technous285

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
I actually spend a fair amount of time on peaceful in most mod packs, including this one, when I'm just messing around in my base area. Just add Harder Peaceful or one of those mods so that you still have hunger ticking.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I actually spend a fair amount of time on peaceful in most mod packs, including this one, when I'm just messing around in my base area. Just add Harder Peaceful or one of those mods so that you still have hunger ticking.
I just put it on easy, and skip the nights with nei cheat mode untill I can get a bed #confessions

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
I did add Hunger in Peace for when I do switch over to peaceful. I only have done that a couple time so far. I don't care. If I feel swamped by hostiles when i'd rather be spending my time doing something else, I'll switch over. Like when I had a pack of dire wolves spawn on one side of my base area and then two witches, each with two wither cats, on the other side. On the second night. Heh.

I'm not familiar with Harder Peaceful but will check it out.

I just put it on easy, and skip the nights with nei cheat mode until I can get a bed #confessions
I'm playing on easy too, so to kill things faster. Again it's a time issue for me. I just don't want to spend a lot of my playing time doing things I like the least. Haven't skipped the night yet but I do have cheats enabled. By the fourth or fifth night I had lit up the area around the hobgoblin hut I'm squatting in to give me a buffer from the spawns at night, although that certainly doesn't keep the fallen knights from charging at me. I'll eventually get walls built.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I turn on cheat mode in every mod pack (the ones that allow me to, and if they don't there's nbt-edit) especially the ones that are alpha/beta, merely for the fact that mods tend to be able to break stuff (and skipping the first nights :p )
also, I downloaded pathfinder from the launcher without reading much about it, I was playing it on easy mode, found the thread on the forum here a few days ago, I was like, really??

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
(After playing a mod pack that has Infernal Mobs and Lycanite's, though, EnderZoo is sorta mild.)

Thanks for the mini epiphany... I've never quite understood why people complain about mobs so much, but apparently that's just my warped perspective from playing so much Blood and Bones. Same goes (even more so probably) for the super late game AE system.

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
I turn on cheat mode in every mod pack (the ones that allow me to, and if they don't there's nbt-edit) especially the ones that are alpha/beta, merely for the fact that mods tend to be able to break stuff (and skipping the first nights :p )
also, I downloaded pathfinder from the launcher without reading much about it, I was playing it on easy mode, found the thread on the forum here a few days ago, I was like, really??
It does say that it's a peaceful pack in the description in the FTB launcher, doesn't it? I suppose you could play in on non-peaceful, but yeah, it was intended as a peaceful pack. Which was really nice, since it was the first time I had played with Hardcore Darkness and all the stack sizes are nerfed (I did change Iguana Tweaks configs to allow 2 torches per recipes because I started in a snowy biome and between the snow/ice and 1 torch per recipes, I was slowly going insane. Must craft more torches. Must. Craft. Moar. Torches.).

BTW, Natura Tigerwood trees in my game are growing with a log block missing. Anyone know why? http://i.imgur.com/Wwrm29I.png