[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

lavaheart

Jul 29, 2019
o3o you should consider adding ztones... I find the shift+scroll feature for it's blocks to be the cats pajamas... I don't understand why no mod packs use it... :C

And from what I can tell it's dungeon loot is pretty well balanced... since I've never found any of them in my hours of playing in singleplayer with the mod.

*sets down an imgur album for ztones*

also congrats oniyaMCD on the wisps. :D

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
You mean apart from Davy Jones' Locker?
Why the mod is not in regrowth:
1) We already have chisel and carpenters blocks. There's little need for another decorative blocks mod. Especially not an additional 'forced' one.
2) The blocks that are added have a futuristic style. Regrowth is not futuristic. We have botania, thaumcraft, blood magic and witchery. The highest tech mod we have is AE2 and the inclusion of that is debateable itself. From a "themed" point of view that is.

That said you are free to add ztones to your personal client by simply adding the mod to the mod list on the ftb launcher. Just don't expect any help with encountered bugs from the official side if you do.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Okay - having just completed that darned apiarist suit, and finding out that I'd finished the 'Encoding' chapter by doing so, I have a teeny suggestion.

As I noted before, farming the silk wisps is a long and tedious job. It can be sped up and automated with a number of pieces of equipment that the quest-line doesn't go into (frames and apiarist pipes come to mind). Perhaps that quest could be broken up a little.

1: Our Hero starts farming bees, and discovers the need for the suit. Task: boots (as the smallest piece of 'armor') Reward: Apiarist Chest (ended up making two on my own before completing the thing)
2: This could be sped up a bit by enhancing the hive. Task: basic frame, apiarist hat (second smallest piece) Reward: a couple of extra frames.
3: Gee, it would be nice not to have to go out there and get the stuff from the hive. Task: apiarist pipe and pants Reward: a couple of extra pipes
4: Things are whizzing about now, but it could still be smoothed out. Task: autarchic gate and shirt Reward: Beealyzer

Reactions: Arbitrary

lavaheart

Jul 29, 2019
You mean apart from Davy Jones' Locker?
Why the mod is not in regrowth:
1) We already have chisel and carpenters blocks. There's little need for another decorative blocks mod. Especially not an additional 'forced' one.
2) The blocks that are added have a futuristic style. Regrowth is not futuristic. We have botania, thaumcraft, blood magic and witchery. The highest tech mod we have is AE2 and the inclusion of that is debateable itself. From a "themed" point of view that is.

That said you are free to add ztones to your personal client by simply adding the mod to the mod list on the ftb launcher. Just don't expect any help with encountered bugs from the official side if you do.
:3 that looks like a cool modpack I'll have to try it out.

It was just a suggestion~ I already have it on mine since I would use too much obsidian on my buildings if I didn't. imo many vampire ppl would like the lair and krypt set of stones... but I understand :3

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Read the quest book ...
I'd like a dislike button for people who take the time to be rude when the same amount of time could have helped someone who is obviously just starting the pack.

EDIT: But, now that I think about it, you may have just been giving a really straight-forward answer since the quest book really does tell you exactly what to do to get a crafting bench. I withdraw my statement, @Mokradin

hypernova132

Jul 29, 2019
So after getting no response from the creators of the mod that was causing my constant crashes whenever I logged into my main world, I decided to just create another one and move on. There was a problem I had in that world, which was most worlds I had to travel far to find an ocean. Yet I now see that that is fixed because I am CONSTANTLY spawning in the middle of a GIGANTIC OCEAN with maybe 2-5 small islands with barely any trees or slate *Wink**Wink**Nudge**Nudge*

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
So after getting no response from the creators of the mod that was causing my constant crashes whenever I logged into my main world, I decided to just create another one and move on. There was a problem I had in that world, which was most worlds I had to travel far to find an ocean. Yet I now see that that is fixed because I am CONSTANTLY spawning in the middle of a GIGANTIC OCEAN with maybe 2-5 small islands with barely any trees or slate *Wink**Wink**Nudge**Nudge*
Honsetly, having to travel far to find an ocean isn't necessarily a bad thing. You can always find coordinates of an ocean and then make a nether portal hub and use railcraft in the hub for transport. My advice with those worlds is to just not explore too far until you have a soujourner's sash (earliest item you can pick up for step-assist and permanent speed increase).

In any case, just have fun with it. Almost any spawn can be viable, some just require better managing of early resources.

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
You just got unlucky with the spawn, try to build a crafting table and boat as fast as possible

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
Unused hatchet + dead wood plank
Thanks. That helped alot.

See below.

It was on Page 2 of this thread.
Sorry that I didn't notice, but thank you for pointing it out.

Read the quest book ...
Well, as far as I could see I couldn't find it in the quest book. Maybe I hadn't reached that quest, but I needed to create a chest to store all the excess stuff I was collected while completing quests, and so i desperately needed a crafting table.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. That helped alot.

Sorry that I didn't notice, but thank you for pointing it out.

Well, as far as I could see I couldn't find it in the quest book. Maybe I hadn't reached that quest, but I needed to create a chest to store all the excess stuff I was collected while completing quests, and so i desperately needed a crafting table.
Patterned Response is the quest he was referring to. On the right side, scroll down, the last bit of text describes how to make a crafting table.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

My first two-three tries, I took the wrong branch of the quest tree (15-20 minutes of punching grass, followed by lots of running and screaming after the sun set because I didn't have a sword.)

static7s

Jul 29, 2019
There are a number of tools which aren't currently configured to work on Bibliocraft tool racks. From my experiences, these include:
Botania:
  • Mortar&Pestle
  • Horn of the Wild
  • Horn of the Canopy
  • (I presume)Horn of the Covering
  • Thorn Chakram
Mariculture:
  • Ladle
Garden Core:
  • Garden Trowel

I probably missed several, but it would be greatly appreciated if these could be added to the pack configs in future versions

Reactions: thephoenixlodge

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
There are a number of tools which aren't currently configured to work on Bibliocraft tool racks. From my experiences, these include:
Botania:
  • Mortar&Pestle
  • Horn of the Wild
  • Horn of the Canopy
  • (I presume)Horn of the Covering
  • Thorn Chakram
Mariculture:
  • Ladle
Garden Core:
  • Garden Trowel

I probably missed several, but it would be greatly appreciated if these could be added to the pack configs in future versions
I don't think many of these things are really tools, horns can't go on racks, the ladle could set it on fire, and the trowel could make it dirty

Reactions: Mindfeak926