[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Chris5286

Jul 29, 2019
Is there something different with the spawning? I built the mob tower i usually build
18952-c447055a0f02553e60d47e7311eb416b.jpg
and nothing is being spawned in there. I went up to check it and had a lone creeper in one corner and a lone skelly who fell to the bottom when it noticed me.
From base to roof it's 26 blocks with a 3 wide water channel and a 9x9 spawning platform in all the corners. It's worked every time I've used it so I don't really understand why it's not now.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
And how would you increase starts if your server was on hard mode for agricraft?
Same as I do in Pathfinder, Hubris, Agrarian Skies 2, etc. Plus pattern with four parents and one child in the center. You only need two parents, but get better stat increases with more parents immediately touching (four cardinal directions).

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
The agricraft configuration on this modpack is set so that 1 seed next to double crops can mutate and improves stats without requiring another parent. this means that you don't need to start a seed growing in the corner of a square so that you get lots of cross-parent mutation opportunities. You can just have a single line of double crops and plant your seed at the end. Each jump to the next double crops gives you a chance to improve the stats.

I'm finding, though, that if I'm willing to babysit I can get faster results by putting 4 double crops in a plus symbol with my seed in the middle. I then look at each mutation as it comes up and either replace the center if the new seed is higher or compost the new seed. I find that I get 2 or 3 mutations and one of them will likely get a nice bump. The old best method was to do the plus sign but have 4 parents on the outside of the plus and double crops in the center - this works great on packs like pathfinder which use the default mutation settings giving you upgrades only when you have multiple parents.
You could just make a giant line like this:
X=Soil
O=Water or unused soil
XOXXXOX
XOXOXOX
XOXOXOX
XOXOXOX
XOXOXOX
XOXOXOX
XXXOXXX

ThatsJustCheesy

Jul 29, 2019
I've having trouble with one of the very early quests, "Not Farmville 3". I have successfully managed to crossbreed wheat and carrots to make sugar canes, however when I use the same method to crossbreed potato and belladonna, it just creates a duplicate of one of the crops. The one farthest east seems to take priority. What's the problem?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Just RNG there. Keep trying - you'll get mandrakes eventually.

Also - make sure that both plants are mature before you put up the cross-crops.

KsterNator

Jul 29, 2019
Yes hello. Im having a bit of a problem with getting nature seeds. Im doing the right setup I belive but it only gives me essence seeds in the cross crops. Can some one halp me?

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Yes hello. Im having a bit of a problem with getting nature seeds. Im doing the right setup I belive but it only gives me essence seeds in the cross crops. Can some one halp me?
Literally same type of issue as the post 2 before yours. OniyaMCD explained it well enough.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
"Gee whiz, this process that's based on random chance hasn't worked for me as quickly as another time I've done it. This must mean there's something broken. Screw waiting a few more times to make sure, this random chance HAS to work immediately for me. And furthermore, I won't even bother to see if anyone has had a similar issue. Sure, they may have been given an answer, but since I'm not doing the exact same thing in the exact same way, even though I'm using a virtually (though not entirely) identical process, my 'problem' must be completely different from theirs. Everyone, I need you to think for me because I can't be bothered to be patient or think logically, or even to look for a solution on my own before I bug you. Wah, wah wah."

Come on people, Agricraft mutations are obviously based on random chance. If you can't conceive of the possibility that maybe you've just had a tiny run of bad luck with the RNG, then maybe you ought to play a game that has a bit less of that.

ThatsJustCheesy

Jul 29, 2019
"Gee whiz, this process that's based on random chance hasn't worked for me as quickly as another time I've done it. This must mean there's something broken. Screw waiting a few more times to make sure, this random chance HAS to work immediately for me. And furthermore, I won't even bother to see if anyone has had a similar issue. Sure, they may have been given an answer, but since I'm not doing the exact same thing in the exact same way, even though I'm using a virtually (though not entirely) identical process, my 'problem' must be completely different from theirs. Everyone, I need you to think for me because I can't be bothered to be patient or think logically, or even to look for a solution on my own before I bug you. Wah, wah wah."

Come on people, Agricraft mutations are obviously based on random chance. If you can't conceive of the possibility that maybe you've just had a tiny run of bad luck with the RNG, then maybe you ought to play a game that has a bit less of that.
I've never messed with Agricraft before, and my attempt to crossbreed wheat and carrot to make sugarcane succeeded first try. I did not know there was only a small chance it would work, and I had tried five or six times by that point.

lavaheart

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. Every time I visit my farms I experience fps drop from 60 to 48-40. My farms just simple plots with couple layers
guXZ41o.png

Except that I'm in love with this modpack :) Best so far

Magical crops plants put off tons of particle effects. that may be why you're experiancing some problems.

Anyone having problems harvesting Garlic? When I right click on mine to harvest I get nothing... and the plant reverts to a baby again.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
I've never messed with Agricraft before, and my attempt to crossbreed wheat and carrot to make sugarcane succeeded first try. I did not know there was only a small chance it would work, and I had tried five or six times by that point.
Don't worry about him. He loves to berate people for not being expert the first time they try something. he's best ignored.

Reactions: fimbrethil

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Magical crops plants put off tons of particle effects. that may be why you're experiancing some problems.

Anyone having problems harvesting Garlic? When I right click on mine to harvest I get nothing... and the plant reverts to a baby again.
garlic is one of the few agricraft crops that actually returns itself which is your seed - analyze it. same with nether wart.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019

For that one, you're gonna have to set up a snake pattern like you do for breeding, but for the 10/10/10 crop to make sure they all stack. Then have a golem place a garlic in the first crop stick with all of the other spaces getting a double crop stick. Have the robot set to not be active until the crops have reached the last crop stick (not sure how to do this, but look for a way and let me know if you come up with one!) and harvest all of the garlic. This is honestly the only way I can see to automate garlic as everything else actually harvests the crop but that doesn't work on garlic for whatever reason.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Just got our forestry farm up and running on our pvp server. Happy fun time.

Sadly it does not harvest crop sticks.
IIRC, that is fixed in a coming update, which I believe is in 0.8. Think the fix is on Forestry's side and that you have the plant the crop sticks yourself, but it will harvest them.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
"Gee whiz, this process that's based on random chance hasn't worked for me as quickly as another time I've done it.

[snip diatribe]

You know, it took me three sentences to give the guy the right information in a civil manner. It took you two paragraphs to do nothing but berate him. Do you literally have nothing better to do with your time and energy? o_O

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
[snip diatribe]

You know, it took me three sentences to give the guy the right information in a civil manner. It took you two paragraphs to do nothing but berate him. Do you literally have nothing better to do with your time and energy? o_O
Have you seen his earlier posts? All quite similar.