[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Don't ALWAYS visit at night lol.

If you're dealing with purebred Tropicals, visiting them at night is fine once you have them established. If you have hybrids of any sort, you need to be sure to visit them during their active period to make sure that they haven't picked up some weird intolerance and haven't changed their preferred flower.

By the way: Which drone influences the offspring? The one that gets consumed in turning the Princess to the Queen, or the one that is put in to keep the hive going?

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. Every time I visit my farms I experience fps drop from 60 to 48-40. My farms just simple plots with couple layers

Except that I'm in love with this modpack :) Best so far

My farm seems to drops FPS as well. I've just been operating under the assumption that something about the way it renders requires a bit more power, especially in a vertically stacked farm setup.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
If you're dealing with purebred Tropicals, visiting them at night is fine once you have them established. If you have hybrids of any sort, you need to be sure to visit them during their active period to make sure that they haven't picked up some weird intolerance and haven't changed their preferred flower.

By the way: Which drone influences the offspring? The one that gets consumed in turning the Princess to the Queen, or the one that is put in to keep the hive going?
You should be able to look at the hive from a distance and see that it's active based on bee particles.

Not sure what you mean by 'the one that is put in to keep the hive going'. When you put a princess and a drone in a hive, they are both 'consumed' to make a queen. No other bees are necessary.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
You should be able to look at the hive from a distance and see that it's active based on bee particles.

I've had quite a few occasions where the particles have been there, and the hive has been inactive.

Not sure what you mean by 'the one that is put in to keep the hive going'. When you put a princess and a drone in a hive, they are both 'consumed' to make a queen. No other bees are necessary.

Ah. I was under the impression that in order for it to produce honey/combs/more bees, you had to put a second drone in there with the queen.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
My farm seems to drops FPS as well. I've just been operating under the assumption that something about the way it renders requires a bit more power, especially in a vertically stacked farm setup.
It's probably related to the amount of surfaces the crop sticks have to display.

Reactions: Kmad

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. Every time I visit my farms I experience fps drop from 60 to 48-40. My farms just simple plots with couple layers
guXZ41o.png

Except that I'm in love with this modpack :) Best so far
A few things.
1. If you are using that layout to get 10/10/10 seeds, you are an amateur
2. Is there a world anchor near your farm?
3. What seeds are there
4. How many Gigabytes do you have allowed? My computer allows 15.75 GB so I don't experience much computer lag with it.

dj_teaCosy

Jul 29, 2019
Good day chaps! I'm loving this pack, however my version is missing most of the custom recipes and recipe changes; I can craft a crafting bench as normal, can't craft dead wood log, can't craft mutandis, can smelt grout, etc etc. Also, punching dead grass does not give clay, bonemeal, pasture seeds, or floral fertilizer; instead I get loads of seeds from witchery and magic crops. So far I've had to cheat in ingredients as needed to progress through the quest line, which is really killing the mood! It seems to be a global thing, feels like I'm missing a mod?

Google's been useless so far, I just end up at pages regarding the NEI crashes (hence this post). I'm using the most current modpack version available on the launcher (0.7.4), however I launch it with MultiMC on my main machine (not this one) which doesn't have internet.

Any pointers would be much appreciated! Thanks for your time :)

Last edited:

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
Good day chaps! I'm loving this pack, however my version is missing most of the custom recipes and recipe changes; I can craft a crafting bench as normal, can't craft dead wood log, can't craft mutandis, can smelt grout, etc etc. Also, punching dead grass does not give clay, bonemeal, pasture seeds, or floral fertilizer; instead I get loads of seeds from witchery and magic crops. So far I've had to cheat in ingredients as needed to progress through the quest line, which is really killing the mood! It seems to be a global thing, feels like I'm missing a mod?

Google's been useless so far, I just end up at pages regarding the NEI crashes (hence this post). I'm using the most current modpack version available on the launcher (0.7.4), however I launch it with MultiMC on my main machine (not this one) which doesn't have internet.

Try deleting regrowth and reinstalling it again

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019

It sounds like something didn't install correctly or simply won't initiate when you run the pack. As Baconus says, try reinstalling the pack, but if that doesn't work post the log of you starting the pack here and we'll try to figure out what isn't working.

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot grows crops in the nether. I have only tried water seeds, and wheat in that order and WALIA reports that "this plant cannot grow here" on each crop.

I know that this pack has disabled vanilla farming so is this on purpose?

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019

Did the minetweaker scripts make it over? They are located in minecraft/scripts/ (.zs files). They add all the custom recipes and grass drops.

Reactions: dj_teaCosy

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot grows crops in the nether. I have only tried water seeds, and wheat in that order and WALIA reports that "this plant cannot grow here" on each crop.

I know that this pack has disabled vanilla farming so is this on purpose?
This works fine. You'll have to use garden soil (doesn't require water nearby) and have torches nearby (otherwise it thinks it's too dark).

Reactions: lblackburn

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019
This works fine. You'll have to use garden soil (doesn't require water nearby) and have torches nearby (otherwise it thinks it's too dark).

I had garden soil for my water seeds, tilled it, planted the crop stick and then the seed. The only thing that I was missing was light. Major derp on my part. Thanks!

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019
I had garden soil for my water seeds, tilled it, planted the crop stick and then the seed. The only thing that I was missing was light. Major derp on my part. Thanks!

After thinking about why i thought it might be broken I am starting to think that WAILA should say why the plant cannot grow. Is it the wrong soil, wrong light level or what...

I don't know if this is going to happen or how hard it would be, but it would have been nice to be able to self diagnose and fix my issue...

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
After thinking about why i thought it might be broken I am starting to think that WAILA should say why the plant cannot grow. Is it the wrong soil, wrong light level or what...

I don't know if this is going to happen or how hard it would be, but it would have been nice to be able to self diagnose and fix my issue...
I don't think it should. There would be too much going on in WAILA, without scaling it down, it would take up most if not all of your screen. Being able to self-diagnose would be nice, just not through WAILA. Perhaps the magnifying glass from Agricraft could, if it doesn't already.

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it should. There would be too much going on in WAILA, without scaling it down, it would take up most if not all of your screen. Being able to self-diagnose would be nice, just not through WAILA. Perhaps the magnifying glass from Agricraft could, if it doesn't already.

After crafting a magnifying glass from Agricraft, I repeated the steps outlined above and didn't add a torch.
I right clicked the crop with my magnifying glass and got the following in the chat window:

This crop has a plant
Seed: Water Seeds
This seed is not yet analyzed
This plant can not grow here
Growth: 0%

Using the magnifying glass does not provide any more information than WAILA did.

Even if it was the magnifying glass that provided the information that I would like, I would still like it.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
After crafting a magnifying glass from Agricraft, I repeated the steps outlined above and didn't add a torch.
I right clicked the crop with my magnifying glass and got the following in the chat window:

This crop has a plant
Seed: Water Seeds
This seed is not yet analyzed
This plant can not grow here
Growth: 0%

Using the magnifying glass does not provide any more information than WAILA did.

Even if it was the magnifying glass that provided the information that I would like, I would still like it.
Sorry, that's a sentence more geared toward a mod dev than a player, should is the correct word for players.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
A few things.
1. If you are using that layout to get 10/10/10 seeds, you are an amateur
The agricraft configuration on this modpack is set so that 1 seed next to double crops can mutate and improves stats without requiring another parent. this means that you don't need to start a seed growing in the corner of a square so that you get lots of cross-parent mutation opportunities. You can just have a single line of double crops and plant your seed at the end. Each jump to the next double crops gives you a chance to improve the stats.

I'm finding, though, that if I'm willing to babysit I can get faster results by putting 4 double crops in a plus symbol with my seed in the middle. I then look at each mutation as it comes up and either replace the center if the new seed is higher or compost the new seed. I find that I get 2 or 3 mutations and one of them will likely get a nice bump. The old best method was to do the plus sign but have 4 parents on the outside of the plus and double crops in the center - this works great on packs like pathfinder which use the default mutation settings giving you upgrades only when you have multiple parents.