[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a more efficient way to move oil from the field to my base? I have a stack of Mariculture fluid tanks, filled them up and I'm using an emerald fluid pipe to extract them to my steel Railcraft tank, but placing a stack of tanks one at a time is getting tedious and slow. Are there any hopper setups or anything of the like that will work?
Have you though of making an actual Railcraft Train?

Reactions: MrZwij

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm not mistaken there's a repeatable quest to get gold essence and thus gold seeds.
The fact that you can't take seeds with you does not mean you can't reproduce them.
Otherwise a mob farm is a viable albeit very slow alternative.
Yes but to make weak stone you need mana pear but since there is no endermans you are stuck :)

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a more efficient way to move oil from the field to my base? I have a stack of Mariculture fluid tanks, filled them up and I'm using an emerald fluid pipe to extract them to my steel Railcraft tank, but placing a stack of tanks one at a time is getting tedious and slow. Are there any hopper setups or anything of the like that will work?

Have you though of making an actual Railcraft Train?
Trains are perfect for this and are cool to boot!

It's a bit complex to set up originally but once it's finished you can just move parts around and reuse everything for the next oil spout.

You'll need:
  • A crowbar
  • Several tank carts
  • An anchor cart (if this will travel outside your loaded chunks)
  • A whole bunch of rails (make sure you have a coke oven or two running - you'll need the creosote) and blocks to place them on if you're headed over water.
  • A world anchor, pump and small Railcraft tank at the oil spout
  • A fluid loader for oil at the spout
  • A larger Railcraft tank at your base to hold the oil before refining it
  • A fluid unloader at your base
  • Locking rails to hold the carts in place while you fill/empty them
Then you have a choice to make. You can pick between a locomotive (self powered) or booster tracks to propel your train.

If you pick the awesome choice - a locomotive (which is basically a small, mobile Railcraft boiler) - you'll need:
  • Steel. Get a blast furnace going first.
  • An item loader filled with fuel (anything that works in a boiler works in a locomotive). Coal is a very easy choice in this pack, but coal coke/charcoal/alumentum are also good.
  • A liquid loader filled with water that the locomotive will use to make steam. NOTE: Loaders have a cart filter in them - you'll need to make sure the water loader is set to fill only locomotives. OR you can set a filter in your tank carts with a bucket of oil.
If you pick booster tracks, you'll need to place them every so often (20 or 30ish blocks? I'm not sure, I never do it this way) along the route.

Some things to know:
  • Link carts into a train by shift-right-clicking them in turn with a crowbar.
  • Nudge carts along by walking into them or right-clicking with a crowbar. Left click to break the cart.
  • You'll need to turn your train around. What you want is a long single stretch of rails with smallish circles at each end. Play around with joining curved tracks to straight tracks. It's pretty easy to set things up so your train turns, say, right when it enters your base, but leaves the base going straight. There are specialized tracks that do this, but you don't need them.
  • Don't make your train too long. Long trains have trouble with lots of turns in small spaces. I usually make mine six carts: Locomotive, regular minecart (so I can ride along and control the locomotive), anchor, then three tank carts. You'd need a lot of refineries to keep up with even three carts.
  • Optional but strongly suggested: Place locomotive control tracks just outside your base and the oil pumping station (they need a redstone signal to activate). Set up two: One to slow the cart down as it heads into an area where players are, and one to speed it up as it goes out into the wilds. The locomotive will kill you if it hits you at high speed.
  • The correct setting for loaders is almost always "immediate." You set loaders up one block above a locking track, and unloaders directly beneath. They will supply a redstone signal to the track when their work is done to send it on its way.

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
Is this a bug in Dreamworld Botania rings are on player and work without mana table ( and heart containers ) ?

ps: lucky fund in dreamworld but 5000 blocks form my base :)

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Thought People might find this useful if they're getting into Thaumcraft.

A step by step guide of what to scan in what order to unlock access to all the Aspects:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Is this a bug in Dreamworld Botania rings are on player and work without mana table ( and heart containers ) ?

ps: lucky fund in dreamworld but 5000 blocks form my base :)

It may be considered a bug, but if so it's for all versions so far. Basically Witchery can't see the inventories the rings and hearts are in, so it can't clear them when you use the brew.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I just want to say that Tropical Bees are jerks. Once I no longer need them, I'm going to re-extinctify them. :mad:

Reactions: Keldin42

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to say that Tropical Bees are jerks. Once I no longer need them, I'm going to re-extinctify them. :mad:
XD I think that's what the apiarist's set of "armor" is for. You could also use seeping shoes from witchery, which rid you of poison on contact with the ground.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
XD I think that's what the apiarist's set of "armor" is for. You could also use seeping shoes from witchery, which rid you of poison on contact with the ground.

Oh, undoubtedly. The catch-22 of it is that you need the Tropical bees to get the 216 silk wisps to make the 24 woven silks to make the armor that will protect you while gathering silk wisps. ;) I'm currently piping the silk wisps out, but while trying to breed up some Cultivateds, I inadvertently got a Common with a tropical genome in there (because I have so many freaking tropical drones.)

And I'm a little 'short-handed' as far as those shoes go.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, undoubtedly. The catch-22 of it is that you need the Tropical bees to get the 216 silk wisps to make the 24 woven silks to make the armor that will protect you while gathering silk wisps. ;) I'm currently piping the silk wisps out, but while trying to breed up some Cultivateds, I inadvertently got a Common with a tropical genome in there (because I have so many freaking tropical drones.)

Ughh, this. Every mod pack this. I agree wholeheartedly.
As to the shoes, it's shouldn't be horrendously difficult to make them, beyond the redstone soup which is usually a pain, I really do recommend just making them rather than the apiarist's set.
Apparently the Tainted Blood Pendant from Botania can also negate poison somehow, but that's from a quick search rather than experience.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019

Personally I negate poison with the Aqua version of my Primordial armor, since I chose to endgame Thaumcraft before doing any Forestry. The easy way to do it, though, is to put the tropicals somewhere remote, somewhere you're not going to walk into them unless you're trying to (but still loaded, hopefully), and then only visit them at night. Tropical bees are not normally nocturnal.

Reactions: JustHeyo

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I negate poison with the Aqua version of my Primordial armor, since I chose to endgame Thaumcraft before doing any Forestry. The easy way to do it, though, is to put the tropicals somewhere remote, somewhere you're not going to walk into them unless you're trying to (but still loaded, hopefully), and then only visit them at night. Tropical bees are not normally nocturnal.
Agreed, and then I carry a bucket 'o milk so after I'm done I can drink away the pain!

Swamp_devil

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. Every time I visit my farms I experience fps drop from 60 to 48-40. My farms just simple plots with couple layers
guXZ41o.png

Except that I'm in love with this modpack :) Best so far