[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

lavaheart

Jul 29, 2019
are hob goblin huts supposed to spawn/be made of wood? It seems a lil unnatural for this pack along with the witchery straw things....

Should I have turned off structures or something?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Both of those are normal. When you start in on the Witchery quests, there are frequent mentions of 'the local witches', so TPL has worked their existence into the 'storyline'.

lavaheart

Jul 29, 2019
Both of those are normal. When you start in on the Witchery quests, there are frequent mentions of 'the local witches', so TPL has worked their existence into the 'storyline'.

ah ok. It'd be cool if they could have made the hobgoblin's lil huts not made of wood though.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
So, will the imp still give potions when you have given gold and diamonds afterit says "shinies yawn"?

Edit: Yes, just wait a little bit and he will be excited again.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
The next how to.. is the equivalent of the Extra Utilities redstone clock for extracting(pouring) block/ingots from a smeltery...

I've done up a teeny little pulse circuit to automate blocks. I don't have a screenshot of it from this pack, but I also did it in Horizons, and the only difference is that you need to stair-step the redstone down to keep it out of sight instead of using the redstone wire. (The floor in that build was all lower half-slabs to deal with a slime chunk.)

There's a chest with a hopper connected to the casting basin, but you can easily set it up with the casting table and an ingot mold. The one fiddly bit to it is that you have to break the top bit of redstone to stop the automation (like if you want to do alloys and need to wait for both ores to smelt.)

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
I've done up a teeny little pulse circuit to automate blocks. I don't have a screenshot of it from this pack, but I also did it in Horizons, and the only difference is that you need to stair-step the redstone down to keep it out of sight instead of using the redstone wire. (The floor in that build was all lower half-slabs to deal with a slime chunk.)

There's a chest with a hopper connected to the casting basin, but you can easily set it up with the casting table and an ingot mold. The one fiddly bit to it is that you have to break the top bit of redstone to stop the automation (like if you want to do alloys and need to wait for both ores to smelt.)
I dont get why all this is necessary... why dont you just pipe the molten metal into the basin, and pipe the blocks out?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Just found out the hard way that Gravestones carry less than your full inventory if you die, which is made even worse if you have a Knapsack. I just spent an half an hour respawning tinker's gear that was augmented, and I still can't remember everything I was carrying.

Also, is the Gaia Guardian supposed to be clearing my potion effects every few seconds? I'm wondering because the book recommends using brews, which I was. Which disappeared as soon as the thing hit me with something other than pixies.

Also also; Cheat mode for NEI, which I needed to get the mariculture books since they aren't in creative modes' menus anywhere for some reason, now refuses to turn off. I can't get it to go back to recipe mode at all, even after a tile inscriber crash-based reload of the launcher.

Last edited:

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Just found out the hard way that Gravestones carry less than your full inventory if you die, which is made even worse if you have a Knapsack. I just spent an half an hour respawning tinker's gear that was augmented, and I still can't remember everything I was carrying.

Also, is the Gaia Guardian supposed to be clearing my potion effects every few seconds? I'm wondering because the book recommends using brews, which I was. Which disappeared as soon as the thing hit me with something other than pixies.

Something about the Guardian removes effects to cancel out the beacon's effect for the fight. I dunno how it works, exactly, but it's pretty annoying. And the gravestone does carry your full inventory, but it just doesn't like (it's been awhile, so it's one or more of these) Tinker's Construct knapsacks, baubles, and/or Traveller's Gear stuff, likely since the "standard" inventory it's set to work with doesn't have slots for those. If the stuff you lost wasn't in those things, then they just got scattered a bit and were lying around.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Something about the Guardian removes effects to cancel out the beacon's effect for the fight. I dunno how it works, exactly, but it's pretty annoying. And the gravestone does carry your full inventory, but it just doesn't like (it's been awhile, so it's one or more of these) Tinker's Construct knapsacks, baubles, and/or Traveller's Gear stuff, likely since the "standard" inventory it's set to work with doesn't have slots for those. If the stuff you lost wasn't in those things, then they just got scattered a bit and were lying around.

Well, that first part is annoying and silly, but as to the gravestone, for whatever reason it chose between what was in the sack and what was in my regular inventory, then the rest of it was simply gone. I know for certain since my spawn point is very close by, and I habitually carry a magnet ring around with me which I put on as soon as I broke the grave. I even dug around to see if the rest of it was buried somewhere, but no dice.
Plus, it only kept three lines of items, not the four that a full inventory holds. Which is terrible for a variety of reasons, even if you have none of the stuff it doesn't like.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that first part is annoying and silly, but as to the gravestone, for whatever reason it chose between what was in the sack and what was in my regular inventory, then the rest of it was simply gone. I know for certain since my spawn point is very close by, and I habitually carry a magnet ring around with me which I put on as soon as I broke the grave. I even dug around to see if the rest of it was buried somewhere, but no dice.
Plus, it only kept three lines of items, not the four that a full inventory holds. Which is terrible for a variety of reasons, even if you have none of the stuff it doesn't like.

Huh, I haven't played in awhile, but I don't recall having that problem. And yeah, the Gaia fight is kinda derpy since it usually wipes effects, but whatchagonnado?

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
I personally have swapped Gravestone Mod with the 1.7.10 backport of Dr. Cyano's Lootable Bodies two days ago.
The later mod is similarly unknown but in my eyes vastly superior because of the behaviour of a chest (that's why the name contains 'lootable') and more inventory slots than the player.

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
In dream world nightmare is in passive mode ? Teleport in to my position and puff despawn ( mabe its my "one ring" ) .. How is grout generated in dream world ? Only in caves

RobinTheBrave

Jul 29, 2019
I cant find a way to create the basic runes in the spirit world. Is there a way to get netherwart and brown mushrooms? I hope its not fish breeding. I will probably rather quit then go into that ;)

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
I cant find a way to create the basic runes in the spirit world. Is there a way to get netherwart and brown mushrooms? I hope its not fish breeding. I will probably rather quit then go into that ;)
To get mushrooms, use mutandus on grass in a cave
To get nether wart, do the nether quest

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Make sure that you're back in the Spirit World when you claim the reward, and don't take anything into the Nether that you don't mind losing.

Alternatively, mutandis extremis has been known to produce netherwart.