[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

TaraSojourn

Jul 29, 2019
I recently did this the hard way myself. Searching back through the thread it was pointed out you can more or less cheat using the Traveller's Belt item to transfer materials to/from the spirit realm. I took it as a personal challenge to do it a harder way. My goal was to build an ender chest in both worlds. Obsidian was easy using copper to make a mariculture vat with water/lava in. The hard part is reaching an eye of ender. Ender pearls themselves can come from oyster pearls you can cultivate (and alter essence of ender seeds you make).
The blaze powder is the really tough part: this needed a blaze seed. For that I started from scratch in the spirit world getting garden soil, basic botania for an altar and then going back and doing those repeatable quests that give you copper/iron/etc essence and then making new essence seeds. Finally working my way up to an infusion stone to make regular essence. One final thing that nearly stumped me was how to make a fire rune as it appeared there is no source of nether wart in the spirit world. The solution is that just like wispy cotton moves between worlds so does Mutandis. So make a ton of it back in the overworld and then play mutation roullete on plants in the spirit world and eventually you will get nether wart.
Good luck! It's rewarding doing it the hard way, or if you can't be bothered you can 'exploit' the Traveller's Belt.
Oh one more hint: to get all the floral powder you need for the repeatable essence quests you'll need floral fertalizer which needs bone meal. Either come back to the dream world during a nightmare to kill skeletons. Or use a manasteel shovel on ancient and on the ocean bottom and it can drop bonemeal/bones.

Ok, how did you get past the iron thing?

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Nothing is working. LMAO.

But, now I think about it, I'm thinking I need my quest book to be reset; (which is imposible, as I have tired to do that and nada.)

Any ideas how to reset the darn thing?

Oh, I should put in that I am playing on a Multiplayer server. (if that makes a diff.)
1. Ask the person in charge of the server to be op.
2. Do /hqm edit
3. At the menu there is a reset button. Press it with the other buttons it said.
4. That's enough purple

Pyrocantaes

Jul 29, 2019
In respect to placing cactus blocks on sand(red sand) to provide flowers for bees. I Can confirm this is the case.. I have 2 bee houses next to 1 cactus.

The big issue prior to having redstone, is that the most efficient engine to generate RF, The hobbiest steam engine, isn't particularly liked by Forestry machines, so it won't transfer power efficiently to them until you have the ability to make kinesis pipe, so powering a carpenter, centrifgue,and squeezer is a pain.

BTW in response to the people who answered my cobblegen question last week (many thanks).. stripy pipes are the way to go, as long as you don't need "Instant" cobble, when Earth/Fire essence is the answer (if you have it)..I can turn the wooden engine on.. go harvest my fields, then come back and turn it off, it having filled a barrel in the meantime.

The next how to.. is the equivalent of the Extra Utilities redstone clock for extracting(pouring) block/ingots from a smeltery...

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I've got another one for y'all. How do I get the energy out of the Mariculture Hydropower plant? I saw @Raetac had a part on top of the generators in his recent photo, but I'm having trouble figuring it out.
I use a Maricultre RF Custom block

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I've had at least one, possibly two coven witches spawn without a circle. (I think they may despawn after a time, though.) I'm not sure if it's related, but both of them showed up not long after I started planting more Silverwood, so I'm currently increasing my Magical Forest biome area.

Update on this: They don't despawn, but they certainly will wander. I re-found Mx. Lenore Spinner while I was off collecting some more Modest Hives. (Lost a Princess somewhere along the lines.)

semedori

Jul 29, 2019
Grout generates underground in the spirit world. Use that to make yourself a smeltery...
Unless I missed something the smeltery didn't help me. Yes I built one, but then had no way to make tool casts to improve my pick. As both gold and aluminum ore need better than copper tools to dig up. To get Iron, Gold, etc I used the repeatable quests to get essence with which I was able to create new seeds on a botania altar. Those seeds became my source of Iron and Gold and I never had need to actually dig up anything besides copper.

Cuong Nguyen

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, is there ANY way to automate thermionic fabricator? I spent hours and still can figure out! It seemed that you can not take the item our of it.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Once you do have the gold, though, you can make the casts. My first few tool casts in the Overworld were done with gold instead of Aluminum Brass, simply because I had better access to gold.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Yes... FInally got our PvP server up. This should be fun.
Essence seeds are only plantable on tilted garden soil with agricraft crops. It just won't "stick to the ground" if the soil is anything else.
He said he planted the seeds, that means he did what was told in the questbook.

You obviously are not helpful. Again.

@foxdarts The seeds do grow, but 'tougher' seeds grow slow. You have multiple ways to speed up growth.
Manual: Applying magical fertilizer (which is made from bonemeal, floral fertilizer and mutandis iirc) like bonemeal.
(Semi-)Automatic:
Install an agricraft water tank with water channels and sprinklers above the plants. A railcraft water tank automatically fills up with water just by existing, but it is veeeeery slow in the wasteland. A buildcraft pump using an invinite water source can also fill the tank.
Plant an Aggricarnation from botania which in turn needs mana to work.
Built a Lamp of Growth from thaumcraft which in turn needs herba essentia to work.

The last possibility is very late if you "go by the book" and start thaumcraft when the quest tells you to though ...
You forgot about the Blood Magic sigil of the green grove and the Ritual of the same name. They stack. And the seed from Botania that makes the soil tick faster

I have a 7x7 of the magical crops, all 10x10x10. One sprinkler, a ritual w/regents, an agricarnation, and a lamp. All 49 Have the faster tick seed thing. Th farm is covered with 4 lamps of growth. The harvesting is done with golems (x4) and the item collection with the botania flowers that teleport items directly next to a hungry chest. The golems can not keep up.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

foxdarts

Jul 29, 2019
yeah i have it planted on the right soil but when i hover over it it says that the plant cant grow here. any ideas?

nvm figured out it was a light lvl problem

Last edited:

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me what the early to mid-game timer options in this pack are? I don't know the tech mods in this pack, outside of Buildcraft, very well at all (and even that I haven't used heavily in a couple years at least). I've used the ProjectRed timer before but we don't have that one. I'm trying to figure it out by searching, but my terms are too broad and I'm not finding much (or there's just not much there.)

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me what the early to mid-game timer options in this pack are? I don't know the tech mods in this pack, outside of Buildcraft, very well at all (and even that I haven't used heavily in a couple years at least). I've used the ProjectRed timer before but we don't have that one. I'm trying to figure it out by searching, but my terms are too broad and I'm not finding much (or there's just not much there.)
Hourglass, use a stick to set the time from 5 sec to 60 sec. Loop red stone to itself to auto reset.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft Hourglasses in Automagy is one

Edit Ninja'd

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So - I have myself an Arid Bee. Apparently, it wants Dead Bushes for the 'flower'. Anyone spotted any/successfully mutandised any?