[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

coco22

Jul 29, 2019
My bets are that you're going out of your way to make them in the tinkers tables. Why don't you try actually reading the quest book..?
I did, the quest book doesn't have a clear description- it just says use the 2x2 crafting table, but clicking on the parts in NEI doesn't show how to craft them with the crafting table....

Am I suppposed to play around with the flint and "discover" the recipe myself?

Thanks

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I did, the quest book doesn't have a clear description- it just says use the 2x2 crafting table, but clicking on the parts in NEI doesn't show how to craft them with the crafting table....

Am I suppposed to play around with the flint and "discover" the recipe myself?

Thanks
Did you check the specific parts required for the quest? I know for a fact that the recipes do show up in NEI.

Reactions: Yarma92

coco22

Jul 29, 2019
Did you check the specific parts required for the quest? I know for a fact that the recipes do show up in NEI.

What do you mean by the specific parts? If you mean by wooden binding, wooden tool rod, flint axe head, flint pickaxe head, and flint shovel head- when I click those nothing happens in NEI.

I also tried all the possible combinations I could think of with flint, wood, etc and still not able to craft the parts. =(

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
look up flint shovel head, wooden binding in NEI. if they are not showing up then completely quit your client and the ftb launcher and start again. NEI is strange in this pack.

flintShovel.png
flintPickaxe.png
woodenBinding.png

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
look up flint shovel head, wooden binding in NEI. if they are not showing up then completely quit your client and the ftb launcher and start again. NEI is strange in this pack.

I could swear that when I did it, I used the stencils and all. I assembled the pieces in the 2x2, but I made them with the stencil table.

Aravero

Jul 29, 2019
<disclaimer> I'm a complete noob. Regrowth is the first mod pack I have played and I've only been playing Minecraft for a few months. So, please keep in mind I may not know things you think I "should" know. <disclaimer>

First question, minor. When my Regrowth world opens and there are those messages in the chat bar saying that I should update Botania, or Forgecraft or whichever mod, is there a way to do that? I've attempted to click the links before and I get a message that says I don't have permission to do that... or some such. Is that something you just wait for the mod developers to do?

Real question. When I launched my Regrowth world today I got a message stating that "the backup level.dat" is being used. I assume this is because I was in a hurry when I last logged off and the launcher/ web browser etc. were slower than usual in that moment and I did a forced shut down of my computer-- I pushed the power button until it went off because the cntr/alt/delete function didn't seem to have an effect. So, the message says to do a save but I cannot find a file with a label that matches my regrowth world when I look in the .minecraft file in appdata place, which is what all the tutorials on Google seem to think needs done.
Does that mean my world is already too gone to save?

Reactions: fimbrethil

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
<disclaimer> I'm a complete noob. Regrowth is the first mod pack I have played and I've only been playing Minecraft for a few months. So, please keep in mind I may not know things you think I "should" know. <disclaimer>

First question, minor. When my Regrowth world opens and there are those messages in the chat bar saying that I should update Botania, or Forgecraft or whichever mod, is there a way to do that? I've attempted to click the links before and I get a message that says I don't have permission to do that... or some such. Is that something you just wait for the mod developers to do?

Real question. When I launched my Regrowth world today I got a message stating that "the backup level.dat" is being used. I assume this is because I was in a hurry when I last logged off and the launcher/ web browser etc. were slower than usual in that moment and I did a forced shut down of my computer-- I pushed the power button until it went off because the cntr/alt/delete function didn't seem to have an effect. So, the message says to do a save but I cannot find a file with a label that matches my regrowth world when I look in the .minecraft file in appdata place, which is what all the tutorials on Google seem to think needs done.
Welcome to modded Minecraft - prepare to spend too much of your life on the complex, amazing creations of the modding and mod pack community.

don't update on your own. let the modpack developer do that. At least, don't do it until you know what you're doing. I never fix working things :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

{snips}

Saw that this bit wasn't answered. Your Regrowth world is going to be located in the FTB folder. You'll see a Regrowth folder inside the FTB folder, and then a minecraft folder inside there with a saves folder.

(Path should look something like C:\FTB\Regrowth\minecraft\saves - depending on where you've stashed your FTB folder.)

TaraSojourn

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. Kinda new here, and need a bit of help.

I have just gotten into the Spirit world, got a place set up and all for making the Flowing Spirit potion(brew). Prob is, I can't. There is no way to dig up ores (other then Copper), cause I can't make a copper pickaxe. If I can't get iron out of the ground, I am really stuck. Can anyway help me figure out what I'm missing to move on in the Spirit world?

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. Kinda new here, and need a bit of help.

I have just gotten into the Spirit world, got a place set up and all for making the Flowing Spirit potion(brew). Prob is, I can't. There is no way to dig up ores (other then Copper), cause I can't make a copper pickaxe. If I can't get iron out of the ground, I am really stuck. Can anyway help me figure out what I'm missing to move on in the Spirit world?

Remember the first few quests where you had to make a copper pickaxe out of all the slate and wood lying around? Of course you don't. Also, why are you posting in bluish-purple?

TaraSojourn

Jul 29, 2019
Remember the first few quests where you had to make a copper pickaxe out of all the slate and wood lying around? Of course you don't. Also, why are you posting in bluish-purple?

Um....only pickaxe I remember making at the start was the flint one. Where is the quest to make a copper one?

Oh, and I just like Purple. ;)

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Um....only pickaxe I remember making at the start was the flint one. Where is the quest to make a copper one?

"Of course you don't" implies that you didn't have to make a copper pick. I was more or less telling you to go back through the questbook and make a flint pick. From there, you make a smeltery and melt down your copper ore to make a copper pick, and then you progress in the exact same way as you did in the overworld.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019

Or, you know, find a button that happens to access a certain inventory that you can carry on you and isn't taken away by changing dimensions. *shifty eyes*

TaraSojourn

Jul 29, 2019
"Of course you don't" implies that you didn't have to make a copper pick. I was more or less telling you to go back through the questbook and make a flint pick. From there, you make a smeltery and melt down your copper ore to make a copper pick, and then you progress in the exact same way as you did in the overworld.

Oh crud! I really have to stop thinking linearly. Tanks dude. I was thinking Crucible, when I should have just jumped to Smeltry. LOL

Thanks again.

Aravero

Jul 29, 2019
Saw that this bit wasn't answered. Your Regrowth world is going to be located in the FTB folder. You'll see a Regrowth folder inside the FTB folder, and then a minecraft folder inside there with a saves folder.

(Path should look something like C:\FTB\Regrowth\minecraft\saves - depending on where you've stashed your FTB folder.)

Awesome, I found the FTB folder! Yay. I had tried the search function but nothing other than the launcher was coming up. Super helpful. When I tried to copy my world to the desktop, it said there were some files labeled "ruins location" missing, but the copy seemed to work anyway. Have to go to work now... but tomorrow I learn more new things. :)

semedori

Jul 29, 2019
I recently did this the hard way myself. Searching back through the thread it was pointed out you can more or less cheat using the Traveller's Belt item to transfer materials to/from the spirit realm. I took it as a personal challenge to do it a harder way. My goal was to build an ender chest in both worlds. Obsidian was easy using copper to make a mariculture vat with water/lava in. The hard part is reaching an eye of ender. Ender pearls themselves can come from oyster pearls you can cultivate (and alter essence of ender seeds you make).
The blaze powder is the really tough part: this needed a blaze seed. For that I started from scratch in the spirit world getting garden soil, basic botania for an altar and then going back and doing those repeatable quests that give you copper/iron/etc essence and then making new essence seeds. Finally working my way up to an infusion stone to make regular essence. One final thing that nearly stumped me was how to make a fire rune as it appeared there is no source of nether wart in the spirit world. The solution is that just like wispy cotton moves between worlds so does Mutandis. So make a ton of it back in the overworld and then play mutation roullete on plants in the spirit world and eventually you will get nether wart.
Good luck! It's rewarding doing it the hard way, or if you can't be bothered you can 'exploit' the Traveller's Belt.
Oh one more hint: to get all the floral powder you need for the repeatable essence quests you'll need floral fertalizer which needs bone meal. Either come back to the dream world during a nightmare to kill skeletons. Or use a manasteel shovel on ancient and on the ocean bottom and it can drop bonemeal/bones.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
I recently did this the hard way myself. Searching back through the thread it was pointed out you can more or less cheat using the Traveller's Belt item to transfer materials to/from the spirit realm. I took it as a personal challenge to do it a harder way. My goal was to build an ender chest in both worlds. Obsidian was easy using copper to make a mariculture vat with water/lava in. The hard part is reaching an eye of ender. Ender pearls themselves can come from oyster pearls you can cultivate (and alter essence of ender seeds you make).
The blaze powder is the really tough part: this needed a blaze seed. For that I started from scratch in the spirit world getting garden soil, basic botania for an altar and then going back and doing those repeatable quests that give you copper/iron/etc essence and then making new essence seeds. Finally working my way up to an infusion stone to make regular essence. One final thing that nearly stumped me was how to make a fire rune as it appeared there is no source of nether wart in the spirit world. The solution is that just like wispy cotton moves between worlds so does Mutandis. So make a ton of it back in the overworld and then play mutation roullete on plants in the spirit world and eventually you will get nether wart.
Good luck! It's rewarding doing it the hard way, or if you can't be bothered you can 'exploit' the Traveller's Belt.
Oh one more hint: to get all the floral powder you need for the repeatable essence quests you'll need floral fertalizer which needs bone meal. Either come back to the dream world during a nightmare to kill skeletons. Or use a manasteel shovel on ancient and on the ocean bottom and it can drop bonemeal/bones.
I did it the hard way back in 0.6.5, and I'm fine going through the seeds with world resets like I did for 0.7.x, but I get tired of the seeds if I have to do them again in the same playthrough. As for the bonemeal, it may always be daytime, but that doesn't stop mobs from spawning. I built a skyblock "whack 'em on the shins" style mob farm to get my bones in the spirit world. And the item I was referring to wasn't the Traveller's Belt: hint, it comes from a TC add-on.