[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Some ideas / request / thoughts for you:
  • Could we please re-ad the recipe for fairy metal into tinkers? As of right now it is un-craftable.
  • Any reason as to why the quarry was disabled but not the builder from Buildcraft?
  • YEAH for millionaire!!! (Thank you so much, I've been missing this mod a lot)
  • Mod Idea: Pneumatic craft maybe?
  • Mod Idea: AE2 Extra things. (Only adds two blocks)
  • Enable the ability to switch out tool parts in tinkers.
  • Mod Idea: Thumic tinker with Kami disabled.
  • Mod Idea: Progressive automation
  • Mod Idea: zTones
  • More recipes for spawn eggs.
  • Mod Idea: Forestry extra bags (would allow you to remove baggines)
  • Mod Idea: Reliquary & Thaumic Reliquary. (Makes all the reliquary stiff require thaumcraft)

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to get coven witches other than natural spawn? I ask because I have nearly finished the questbook with a very small generated world and in search of witch circles/coven witches have made the world size explode to nearly 350mb. I have found nearly 100 hobgoblin huts which is ridiculous in itself. Will deleting the unnecessarily generated chunks and regenerating them allow another chance for a witch circle to spawn?

Other than this small issue I have had an immense amount of fun learning how to use old favorites in new ways and learning new things about mods I barely knew.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to get coven witches other than natural spawn? I ask because I have nearly finished the questbook with a very small generated world and in search of witch circles/coven witches have made the world size explode to nearly 350mb. I have found nearly 100 hobgoblin huts which is ridiculous in itself. Will deleting the unnecessarily generated chunks and regenerating them allow another chance for a witch circle to spawn?

Other than this small issue I have had an immense amount of fun learning how to use old favorites in new ways and learning new things about mods I barely knew.
0.8 changelog has spawn eggs for both witches and coven witches as craftable. link ETA on 0.8 is "when it's done"

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Some ideas / request / thoughts for you:
  • Could we please re-ad the recipe for fairy metal into tinkers? As of right now it is un-craftable.
  • Any reason as to why the quarry was disabled but not the builder from Buildcraft?
  • YEAH for millionaire!!! (Thank you so much, I've been missing this mod a lot)
  • Mod Idea: Pneumatic craft maybe?
  • Mod Idea: AE2 Extra things. (Only adds two blocks)
  • Enable the ability to switch out tool parts in tinkers.
  • Mod Idea: Thumic tinker with Kami disabled.
  • Mod Idea: Progressive automation
  • Mod Idea: zTones
  • More recipes for spawn eggs.
  • Mod Idea: Forestry extra bags (would allow you to remove baggines)
  • Mod Idea: Reliquary & Thaumic Reliquary. (Makes all the reliquary stiff require thaumcraft)
Uhh, you can swap out your parts, just have to have the tool fully repaired and use the tool station/forge.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
0.8 changelog has spawn eggs for both witches and coven witches as craftable. link ETA on 0.8 is "when it's done"
I am aware of that information, thanks for reiterating. It does not assist me currently playing 0.7.4.

Is there a chance that the witch circles will spawn if I delete and regenerate chunks?

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
I am aware of that information, thanks for reiterating. It does not assist me currently playing 0.7.4.

Is there a chance that the witch circles will spawn if I delete and regenerate chunks?
I suppose its possible for them to regenerate, though I've personally had them spawn near the circles as well as nowhere near them. Just luck I guess.

And not everyone knows about the running changelog, was just trying to help.

Reactions: Arbitrary

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose its possible for them to regenerate, though I've personally had them spawn near the circles as well as nowhere near them. Just luck I guess.

And not everyone knows about the running changelog, was just trying to help.
Thanks! I wish I were so lucky. I think I will try deleting and regenerating some tomorrow and see.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

I've had at least one, possibly two coven witches spawn without a circle. (I think they may despawn after a time, though.) I'm not sure if it's related, but both of them showed up not long after I started planting more Silverwood, so I'm currently increasing my Magical Forest biome area.

TaraSojourn

Jul 29, 2019
I recently did this the hard way myself. Searching back through the thread it was pointed out you can more or less cheat using the Traveller's Belt item to transfer materials to/from the spirit realm. I took it as a personal challenge to do it a harder way. My goal was to build an ender chest in both worlds. Obsidian was easy using copper to make a mariculture vat with water/lava in. The hard part is reaching an eye of ender. Ender pearls themselves can come from oyster pearls you can cultivate (and alter essence of ender seeds you make).
The blaze powder is the really tough part: this needed a blaze seed. For that I started from scratch in the spirit world getting garden soil, basic botania for an altar and then going back and doing those repeatable quests that give you copper/iron/etc essence and then making new essence seeds. Finally working my way up to an infusion stone to make regular essence. One final thing that nearly stumped me was how to make a fire rune as it appeared there is no source of nether wart in the spirit world. The solution is that just like wispy cotton moves between worlds so does Mutandis. So make a ton of it back in the overworld and then play mutation roullete on plants in the spirit world and eventually you will get nether wart.
Good luck! It's rewarding doing it the hard way, or if you can't be bothered you can 'exploit' the Traveller's Belt.
Oh one more hint: to get all the floral powder you need for the repeatable essence quests you'll need floral fertalizer which needs bone meal. Either come back to the dream world during a nightmare to kill skeletons. Or use a manasteel shovel on ancient and on the ocean bottom and it can drop bonemeal/bones.

This is, basically what I want to do. Makes no sense playing if I can't go by the rules and work my way through the pack as made. ;)

foxdarts

Jul 29, 2019
hi i have been playing your pack for a little bit now and was wondering how to get obsidian seeds to grow? they are in the crops from agricraft but still wont grow. any suggestions?

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
hi i have been playing your pack for a little bit now and was wondering how to get obsidian seeds to grow? they are in the crops from agricraft but still wont grow. any suggestions?

Maybe you should try reading the questbook, it tells you how to grow plants.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
He said they planted, if I'm reading that right. As for making them grow, I recommend setting your farm up with a sprinkler to see if that helps. You must just be getting really unlucky with growth ticks.

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
Essence seeds are only plantable on tilted garden soil with agricraft crops. It just won't "stick to the ground" if the soil is anything else.
He said he planted the seeds, that means he did what was told in the questbook.

You obviously are not helpful. Again.

@foxdarts The seeds do grow, but 'tougher' seeds grow slow. You have multiple ways to speed up growth.
Manual: Applying magical fertilizer (which is made from bonemeal, floral fertilizer and mutandis iirc) like bonemeal.
(Semi-)Automatic:
Install an agricraft water tank with water channels and sprinklers above the plants. A railcraft water tank automatically fills up with water just by existing, but it is veeeeery slow in the wasteland. A buildcraft pump using an invinite water source can also fill the tank.
Plant an Aggricarnation from botania which in turn needs mana to work.
Built a Lamp of Growth from thaumcraft which in turn needs herba essentia to work.

The last possibility is very late if you "go by the book" and start thaumcraft when the quest tells you to though ...

Reactions: fimbrethil

TaraSojourn

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Nothing is working. LMAO.

But, now I think about it, I'm thinking I need my quest book to be reset; (which is imposible, as I have tired to do that and nada.)

Any ideas how to reset the darn thing?

Oh, I should put in that I am playing on a Multiplayer server. (if that makes a diff.)

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
If you play on a multiplayer server you need to ask an administrator to give you the right to cheat. Afterwards type /hqm edit and you get a master questbook that enables you to reset the original book and to cheat quests complete.

Ning947

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I've got another one for y'all. How do I get the energy out of the Mariculture Hydropower plant? I saw @Raetac had a part on top of the generators in his recent photo, but I'm having trouble figuring it out.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I've got another one for y'all. How do I get the energy out of the Mariculture Hydropower plant? I saw @Raetac had a part on top of the generators in his recent photo, but I'm having trouble figuring it out.

2 constraints:
-nothing will connect properly to the front of the generator (with the black and gray patterns).
-mekanism cables won't connect to the generator at all.

so, your choices are bc kinesis pipes or directly placing a mekanism energy cube in contact with a side other than the front. Or I suppose you could just put whatever machine you're trying to power there too, and skip pipes, but that seems silly. I went with the energy cube (first image): http://imgur.com/a/VgH2S

Ning947

Jul 29, 2019
2 constraints:
-nothing will connect properly to the front of the generator (with the black and gray patterns).
-mekanism cables won't connect to the generator at all.

so, your choices are bc kinesis pipes or directly placing a mekanism energy cube in contact with a side other than the front. Or I suppose you could just put whatever machine you're trying to power there too, and skip pipes, but that seems silly. I went with the energy cube (first image): http://imgur.com/a/VgH2S
Perfect! Thanks Zimek, sounds like I'm making some cubes. Also, awesome base. How did you get that color texture on all of your surfaces, a thaumic device? or a texture pack, maybe?

TaraSojourn

Jul 29, 2019
If you play on a multiplayer server you need to ask an administrator to give you the right to cheat. Afterwards type /hqm edit and you get a master questbook that enables you to reset the original book and to cheat quests complete.

Oh, that's a cheat? Eh.....Not a big fan of cheats. Prefer workarounds. There has got to be a game-based, way to get the iron out of the ground, the questbooks says there is......... *sighs*