[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Why would you need a cobblegen?
2 Earth Essence and 2 Fire Essence in a 2x2 crafting grid results in 32 cobble or 32 sand depending on what is the top left of the X-shaped recipe.
And since a 10/10/10 earth/fire plant yields 4 to 5 essences every minute or so that's far superior to low tech automatic cobblegen.
A stack earth and a stack fire essence results in 16 stacks cobble.

If you're interested in fully automating this try thaumcraft golems. One for harvesting, one on a golem crafting table (automagy) and one filler that stuffs the essences into the table.
With this i suspect you could fill a jabba barrel in 5 minutes or so, depending on the number of plants.

Not to mention, you can also generate any of the other stone types in the pack with a simple adjustment of the recipe. I'm currently generating andesite for a large bit of flooring, and nine 10/10/10 plants each of earth and fire are staying well ahead of my ability to build.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
... I was trying to figure out a way to automate livingrock and decided a wand focus of equal trade beat out anything I could do with machines. :)

Holy crap that's brilliant. Seems so obvious now, how did I never think of that? =D Thanks for sharing!

BTW your base still looks better, aesthetically than mine ever will. My stuff only looks good when I steal id

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
Not to mention, you can also generate any of the other stone types in the pack with a simple adjustment of the recipe. I'm currently generating andesite for a large bit of flooring, and nine 10/10/10 plants each of earth and fire are staying well ahead of my ability to build.

I am at a very big building and the whole floor of my compound myself.
The essences and chisel2 combined are a very good combination for building purposes. Throw in a bit of Carpenters Blocks for good measure (fir wood tree farm :D) and you can build awesome looking stuff with minimal resource input.
Right now I build a giant 52 radius cylinder shaped building out of abyssal stone, marble and the occasional cobble/mossy cobble (cobble combined with nature essence) for accents without ever running the risk of having to stop due to resource shortages ;)
Oh and as a side note mana glass from botania is a light source additional to being glass.

Reactions: rivvest

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I am at a very big building and the whole floor of my compound myself.
The essences and chisel2 combined are a very good combination for building purposes.
Right now I build a giant 52 radius cylinder shaped building out of abyssal stone, marble and the occasional cobble/mossy cobble (cobble combined with nature essence) for accents without ever running the risk of having to stop due to resource shortages ;)
This is why I like auto-harvesting. Not only do I have the resources to make nearly anything I might need, I also have the storage (~13k-20k each) that I would have to try very hard to exhaust any of the resources to the point that I would have to wait on more to be made.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Oh and as a side note mana glass from botania is a light source additional to being glass.
It occurs to me now.. not once in the 5 months I've been playing Regrowth have I placed a mana glass into the world.. Thanks for the tip!

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
If you're far enough, just count alfglass instead. Funky pattern plus everything that managlass is? Sign me up! :p
Yeah, but managlass is complete seethrough. No 'funky pattern' is obstructing the view out of the window. As good looking as the pattern is I like the unobstrusive managlass more than the higher tier alfglass.
Managlass only has a very light tint of blue, otherwise it is clear.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but managlass is complete seethrough. No 'funky pattern' is obstructing the view out of the window. As good looking as the pattern is I like the unobstrusive managlass more than the higher tier alfglass.
Managlass only has a very light tint of blue, otherwise it is clear.
Oh I know. My greenhouses, all 3 of them, use managlass for the roof.

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't directed at you for discussion firing but as commentary and information to other players. Otherwise a player might trow his/her managlass into the alfheim portal to learn afterwards s/he does not like the pattern for his/her window ;)

Reactions: goreae

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
I'm about to fight the Gaia Guardian, but as far as I know it can give you a blindness and withering effect. Is there a way to cancel those but keep the good effects?
Like the Talisman of Remedium fron Thaumic Tinkerer does, is there any equivalent item to it avaiable in Regrowth? :)
holding an infernal wand somewhere in your inventory makes you immune to wither

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't directed at you for discussion firing but as commentary and information to other players. Otherwise a player might trow his/her managlass into the alfheim portal to learn afterwards s/he does not like the pattern for his/her window ;)
Well then, if this is for other players, I'd like to note that mana and alfglass don't require silk touch or the vitreous pickaxe to pick up. They drop as items when breaking by hand. Figured that one out after 1.5~ mana tablets worth...

Reactions: fimbrethil

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Well then, if this is for other players, I'd like to note that mana and alfglass don't require silk touch or the vitreous pickaxe to pick up. They drop as items when breaking by hand. Figured that one out after 1.5~ mana tablets worth...

I love glass like that. I automated my smeltery just so I could chuck in stacks of sand at a time to get the Clear Glass in bulk.

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if anyone else has had this error, but using the hatchet + planks = crafting table with AE2 autocrafting displays the error message in the attached screen, no crash just the recipe fails with the error. Changing to the slabs & planks recipe fixes the problem.

Regrowth - AE2_Hatchet_C_error.png

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I believe this is the reason the 2 slab + 2 plank recipe was added. Ae didn't like the hatchet + plank recipe.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
forum question: when you start a reply post and then decide not to make the post, is there a way to trash the draft? it keeps my last reply attempt every time I come back to the forums. My workaround is to ask this question to use up my draft :)

Reactions: SolManX