[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
I can try to get a copy of the log in a little bit but mod pack keeps crashing on me when loading up.

Based on the logs, it looks like it's having lots of issues placing angry zombies in the correct location? keeps throwing errors like that.. only angry zombies though.

Anyone know what's up?

crash log:

...snip...
You are getting an out of memory error. Increase your memory allocation. You are only allocating 1GB which is rarely enough for modded minecraft. I would recommend a minimum of 2GB but 4GB would be better, if you have enough available memory.

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
It's running out of memory because it gets stuck at the "loading world" screen for 20+ minutes. I can up the memory but that hasn't been an issue for me before (I play with very limited settings to compensate).

Is there a way to de-spawn all mobs without entering the game? It keeps cycling through errors all related to finding the wrong location for Angry Zombies.

EDIT: I upped the memory to 2 GB to test.. it still gets hung up at the loading world screen. Looking for a solution on how to delete all mobs/hostile mobs without being able to get into the game. Is MCEdit my only option?

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
It's running out of memory because it gets stuck at the "loading world" screen for 20+ minutes. I can up the memory but that hasn't been an issue for me before (I play with very limited settings to compensate).

Is there a way to de-spawn all mobs without entering the game? It keeps cycling through errors all related to finding the wrong location for Angry Zombies.

EDIT: I upped the memory to 2 GB to test.. it still gets hung up at the loading world screen. Looking for a solution on how to delete all mobs/hostile mobs without being able to get into the game. Is MCEdit my only option?
That sounds like what happens when you update from 0.6.x to 0.7.x. If that's what you're doing then maybe you should try reading the FAQ...

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds like what happens when you update from 0.6.x to 0.7.x. If that's what you're doing then maybe you should try reading the FAQ...

I haven't updated anything :|

I just started the pack last week on whatever the current version is. Great pack btw! Hopefully I can recover my world :(

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
I also see your on a mac, and not optimizing java. Here you go.

This is For Mac with 3gb free memory (You need about 5 system memory)
Code:
-Xmx3G -Xms3G -Xmn768m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=30 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=150 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=2048m -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10000 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=10

Use this if you have only 2 or 3 GB of system memory
Code:
-Xmx1G -Xms1G -Xmn128m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=30 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=150 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=2048m -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=2000 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=10

Kevalen

Jul 29, 2019
Could anyone tell me how to plant dye seeds? I crafted them on the runic altar, but can't seem to figure out how to plant them. I've tried planting on crops and on the blocks themselves of mycelium, red sand, dirt and garden soil with no luck.

lBrainDeadl

Jul 29, 2019
I'm about to fight the Gaia Guardian, but as far as I know it can give you a blindness and withering effect. Is there a way to cancel those but keep the good effects?
Like the Talisman of Remedium fron Thaumic Tinkerer does, is there any equivalent item to it avaiable in Regrowth? :)

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
I'm about to fight the Gaia Guardian, but as far as I know it can give you a blindness and withering effect. Is there a way to cancel those but keep the good effects?
Like the Talisman of Remedium fron Thaumic Tinkerer does, is there any equivalent item to it avaiable in Regrowth? :)
Have lots of milk

Pyrocantaes

Jul 29, 2019
Okay.. a how to question.
Given there is no Thermal Expansion Igneous Extruder and no Extra Utilities Transfer node, is it possible to automate a cobblegen?
I did note that there may be an item in the Thaumcraft Expansion mods .. but the ability to use any thing in Thaumcraft is really late game, and I'm fed up mining by hand with an Aluminite pick (even though this is much better than a flint one). I have most seeds upto and including gold/obsidian/nether, base witchery and base mariculture.. no redstone yet (not sure at what point in the quests it arrives).

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Given there is no Thermal Expansion Igneous Extruder and no Extra Utilities Transfer node, is it possible to automate a cobblegen?
I did note that there may be an item in the Thaumcraft Expansion mods .. but the ability to use any thing in Thaumcraft is really late game, and I'm fed up mining by hand with an Aluminite pick (even though this is much better than a flint one). I have most seeds upto and including gold/obsidian/nether, base witchery and base mariculture.. no redstone yet (not sure at what point in the quests it arrives).
Cobble is a lot easier to craft than to gen.. You could run the earth and fire essences into an auto-workbench.. you'll still need a golem to harvest that if you're looking for full automation though.

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you need a cobblegen?
2 Earth Essence and 2 Fire Essence in a 2x2 crafting grid results in 32 cobble or 32 sand depending on what is the top left of the X-shaped recipe.
And since a 10/10/10 earth/fire plant yields 4 to 5 essences every minute or so that's far superior to low tech automatic cobblegen.
A stack earth and a stack fire essence results in 16 stacks cobble.

If you're interested in fully automating this try thaumcraft golems. One for harvesting, one on a golem crafting table (automagy) and one filler that stuffs the essences into the table.
With this i suspect you could fill a jabba barrel in 5 minutes or so, depending on the number of plants.

Last edited:
Reactions: OniyaMCD

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
If you're dead set on generating your cobble, you might try using stripe pipes and a vanilla cobble-gen setup.

edit: I think the toughest ingredient in the whole thing is the gold gears for the pipe.

another edit: The redstone block can be replaced with a lever, and with that, no redstone is required for this setup.
2015-05-01_08.43.14.png 2015-05-01_08.45.03.png

Last edited:
Reactions: rivvest