[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. . . so to unlock Thaumcraft quests (more than the first two on chapter 11 and the one in chapter unlocked by the shard creation)

What next?

I have Arcanist rep at 86 and the Thaumonomicon quest has been completed in chapter 4.

What am I missing?

Almost ready to just start doing Thaumcraft without the quests.

You could start off with a thread search; the issue has been covered 8 ways to Sunday already.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
You could start off with a thread search; the issue has been covered 8 ways to Sunday already.

I did that already, twice, and have yet to find out why I can't unlock the quests. . . I come up with the same things in all the posts:

1) Craft the Thaumonomicon in the Chapter 4 quest. (did this already)

2) Must get to Arcanist 85 to unlock most of the quests (I an 87)

3) Craft shard from essence to unlock another quest (this is also done for a total of three quests in the book on chapter 11 finished with no more unlocked).

I don't doubt I am missing something maybe it is in the one post I missed out of 4 pages of posts.

Any other ideas would be helpful.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I did that already, twice, and have yet to find out why I can't unlock the quests. . . I come up with the same things in all the posts:

1) Craft the Thaumonomicon in the Chapter 4 quest. (did this already)

2) Must get to Arcanist 85 to unlock most of the quests (I an 87)

3) Craft shard from essence to unlock another quest (this is also done for a total of three quests in the book on chapter 11 finished with no more unlocked).

I don't doubt I am missing something maybe it is in the one post I missed out of 4 pages of posts.

Any other ideas would be helpful.
Well, it's probably not what's needed, but have you made a Thaumometer, or been scanning things with it?

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it's probably not what's needed, but have you made a Thaumometer, or been scanning things with it?

Yeah. . . I was hoping that would work but nothing opened up.

I am going to create a great wood sapling and see if that does it.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. . . I was hoping that would work but nothing opened up.

I am going to create a great wood sapling and see if that does it.
Ooooh... yeah, that should definitely move things along. At the very least, it'll get you past the gate into doing it on your own.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Ooooh... yeah, that should definitely move things along. At the very least, it'll get you past the gate into doing it on your own.

Ok. . . creating a Trefyd seed in chapter 10 opened up a quest in chapter 11. Hopefully this is the beginning of great things:)

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
Not funny in theory but a thread search for "Thaumcraft" (i.e. the simplest possible search) ends up in finding this question with the direct following answer from the pack creator.
Your thread searching capabilities are lacking to say the least.

Reactions: mickaboy72

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I'm having problems with the Blood Magic Ritual of Gaia's Transformation.

First time i tried the ritual, i went for a forest biome, and it worked just fine. Second time I tried for jungle, and it's not working, just defaults to plains biome every time. Im using http://ftbwiki.org/Biome for biome values and http://ftbwiki.org/Ritual_of_Gaia's_Transformation for ritual reagents. I have tried two different reagent combinations of 120 temperature / 90 humidity, and also 210 temp / 210 humidity (which should fit to 200/200 and become rainforest or something similar) - all become plains. Any help?

I was trying to do some research about how to look into the game files and find the list of biomes and what the values are more directly, but couldn't figure anything out in that direction either.

P.S. - I'm aware that there are other methods of changing biomes, and I've also used this ritual plenty in other modpacks, with no issues.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I'm having problems with the Blood Magic Ritual of Gaia's Transformation.

First time i tried the ritual, i went for a forest biome, and it worked just fine. Second time I tried for jungle, and it's not working, just defaults to plains biome every time. Im using http://ftbwiki.org/Biome for biome values and http://ftbwiki.org/Ritual_of_Gaia's_Transformation for ritual reagents. I have tried two different reagent combinations of 120 temperature / 90 humidity, and also 210 temp / 210 humidity (which should fit to 200/200 and become rainforest or something similar) - all become plains. Any help?

I was trying to do some research about how to look into the game files and find the list of biomes and what the values are more directly, but couldn't figure anything out in that direction either.

P.S. - I'm aware that there are other methods of changing biomes, and I've also used this ritual plenty in other modpacks, with no issues.
NEI has a data dump for biomes, though I'm not sure if it includes temp/humdity data. It's under NEI Options (bottom left of inventory) -> Tools -> Data Dumps and generates a spreadsheets in the dumps folder in the directory where the pack is installed.

Reactions: JustHeyo

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
This. Exactly this. Why do so many people seem to have such a hard time comprehending a simple search function? Does absolutely no one understand what the seachbox at the top right of every page of this thread is for? It's just... mind boggling.

A little bit. . . . "Testy"?

It doesn't take much to boggle your mind then:)

At least my post didn't go ignored. . . thanks for appreciating it enough to comment on it:)

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Is this working changelog accessible anywhere?
Taken from the Changelog section of the first post (because people have missed this particular hyperlink before)
"Full running changelog, including for versions in development can be viewed here"

NEI has a data dump for biomes, though I'm not sure if it includes temp/humdity data. It's under NEI Options (bottom left of inventory) -> Tools -> Data Dumps and generates a spreadsheets in the dumps folder in the directory where the pack is installed.
And now I know about NEI dumps! This is awesome :)

edit: Dumped biome data, it lists Temp. and Rainfall among other things. In the absence of other information I would assume that the rainfall data = humidity.
Also, the temp. for most biomes falls between -0.5 and 2.0, with the exception of Storage Cell, which seems to be -100...

Last edited:

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019

Ok. . . this is great! Has some useful information in there. Thanks for sharing!:)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Also, the temp. for most biomes falls between -0.5 and 2.0, with the exception of Storage Cell, which seems to be -100...

I've heard of putting things in cold storage, but that seems a little extreme. ;) Especially if a temp of -0.5 equates to the frozen tundra.

(Yes, I know it's probably a placeholder for something.)

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard of putting things in cold storage, but that seems a little extreme. ;) Especially if a temp of -0.5 equates to the frozen tundra.

(Yes, I know it's probably a placeholder for something.)
Well, considering it's literally the stored data on a specialized drive, there's literally no outside source of energy until you bring it back into the world. So I suppose that makes sense... ish.

KittenGrey

Jul 29, 2019
hey
so I'm going to have a newb question, but after using the search function a few times I still haven't found the answer I'm looking for so I'll make a post

About when do you start getting essence seed quests for things like iron, copper, ect?

I've been doing the quests and I'm still just starting out but the lack of ores is getting to me a little, since I'm bad at fighting and tend to die easily :oops: and forget even getting close to an enderman, they usually take me out with 2 hits. And wood armor is a bit lacking as for how protective it is....

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
hey
so I'm going to have a newb question, but after using the search function a few times I still haven't found the answer I'm looking for so I'll make a post

About when do you start getting essence seed quests for things like iron, copper, ect?

I've been doing the quests and I'm still just starting out but the lack of ores is getting to me a little, since I'm bad at fighting and tend to die easily :oops: and forget even getting close to an enderman, they usually take me out with 2 hits. And wood armor is a bit lacking as for how protective it is....

It's been a while since I restarted, but you just need to follow the questlines - the early botania and crop quests especially. From memory, I think you'll need to complete the essence seed quest before ores are available.

PS the enderman quest can wait - nothing depends on that afaik.