[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
the 0.7.4 version keeps crashing when I use NEI
Known issue, see FAQ. Will be resolved in 0.8.0.

So I'm running low on quests and kind of confused. I have 3/3 quests completed for Witchery and 2/2 quests completed for Thaumcraft. For the most part, I've only been making what quests lead me through, and I get the feeling I'm going to run out of quests before I get more Witchery/Thaumcraft quests. Am I supposed to be able to get into more Witchery/Thaumcraft just by completing quests, or am I going to have to do some crafting to unlock hidden quests?
There are some invisible quests that unlock things, mostly metals and other essence crafts.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
hi there !
i've wathed PurpleMentat's youtube channel and he did a scythe, that's pretty handy for fast farming !!!
well, I can't craft it !!! I've tried Paper, Osmium, Iron .. Can smb share info about crafting it !
Have you tried bone? It can be made earlier than a metal one because it doesn't require casts, although it has less durability.

I just tried it and it works:

SNJDsvQ.png

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
There are some invisible quests that unlock things, mostly metals and other essence crafts.

That's unfortunate. I REALLY dislike hidden quests in HQM without at least some clue what you're supposed to do. I'd really like to get some golems going for some basic automation, but getting tired of waiting for the rest of the Thaumcraft line to unlock.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
That's unfortunate. I REALLY dislike hidden quests in HQM without at least some clue what you're supposed to do. I'd really like to get some golems going for some basic automation, but getting tired of waiting for the rest of the Thaumcraft line to unlock.
Seriously? They're not quests in that they're a task you're asked to do. They're there as logic to determine that you've actually obtained a resource necessary for the quests that require them. Obtain some more resources and the quests will open up quite happily.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019

As far as I'm aware, there currently isn't a bunch of Thaumcraft quests added yet. Definitely no golem ones, unless mine's erroneously saying that the Thaumcraft chapter is complete.

AssassinCyndaquil

Jul 29, 2019
New to the modpack and was wondering, when i have made my first eggs is it possible to use them to spawn a chicken as you can in vanilla minecraft?

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
New to the modpack and was wondering, when i have made my first eggs is it possible to use them to spawn a chicken as you can in vanilla minecraft?
Yes. Eggs can (and will) lead to chickens.

You may want to have a small pen/holding area for them so you can automate harvesting their drops... rather than having to chase them everywhere (and then having them kill themselves due to silly animal AI)

Reactions: hiharryII

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, does anyone know what EMC value, if any, dimensional shard ore shows up as with a divining rod? I'm on the hunt for some, but I've yet to find any so far. If anyone's curious, manganese displays at a little over 2000, I believe, and diamonds show at a little over 1000, the numbers don't match what I recall them being for EE2.
I think you're in the wrong thread...

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously? They're not quests in that they're a task you're asked to do. They're there as logic to determine that you've actually obtained a resource necessary for the quests that require them. Obtain some more resources and the quests will open up quite happily.

OK. Just seemed odd that the quest book walked you into and through agricraft, all the machines, and then just barely starts thaumcraft and witchery, and leaves you sitting there wanting more. Especially when you've tweaked the recipes so hard, it's nice not having to go hunting for what resources are gated to be next without something in the book to guide me. I'm sure I know what to do with Thaumcraft, but for Witchery I'm pretty clueless as I've never touched that mod before.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving this pack. I think it's very well done. It just seemed like the book suddenly put the brakes on after having SO MANY options and SO MANY quests to complete.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
OK. Just seemed odd that the quest book walked you into and through agricraft, all the machines, and then just barely starts thaumcraft and witchery, and leaves you sitting there wanting more. Especially when you've tweaked the recipes so hard, it's nice not having to go hunting for what resources are gated to be next without something in the book to guide me. I'm sure I know what to do with Thaumcraft, but for Witchery I'm pretty clueless as I've never touched that mod before.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving this pack. I think it's very well done. It just seemed like the book suddenly put the brakes on after having SO MANY options and SO MANY quests to complete.
You seem to be forgetting that the pack is a WIP. I can only write quests so fast. Also, witchery is the most covered mod in the pack - as others have said, get yourself some more resources available (especially the tier 3 ones) and the quests will appear.

Reactions: RehabOholic

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019

I'm betting you used /hqm edit to complete most of your quests. I did that in a test world so I could see what unlocked what, and I had way fewer quests available than I should have had. Turns out I needed to hold things to get some quests to unlock.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
I think one problem may be that there are some ways to collect resources that HQM won't detect. The most reliable way seems to be to open your questbook when the material is in your inventory, but sometimes if you just put stuff in chests as soon as you make it, it won't be detected.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I think one problem may be that there are some ways to collect resources that HQM won't detect. The most reliable way seems to be to open your questbook when the material is in your inventory, but sometimes if you just put stuff in chests as soon as you make it, it won't be detected.
Yeah I had that problem with lapis. Gated me big time with no way to really know why.

Nitro Poison

Jul 29, 2019
Any1 know a way to automate the right clicking with a demon sumoning crystal?? I want to automate my blood altar with them but i usually go with autonomous activators....

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Aren't some quests also unlocked through reputation? So its not just a matter of "complete X, Y Z and they will unlock", but you have to increase your overall coverage of Arcanist, Mechanist etc. quests?

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Try a golem? I think Use can do empty-handed right clicks.
I've never relied too heavily on golems... but I think I want to give it a try. I'm almost actively avoid AE2 at the moment (and giving my wife a chance to build the power supply and ME system) and trying out different ways to get things done.