[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Splatterghast

Jul 29, 2019
You could try powering the pump (and giving it a redstone signal) from within the gas pocket, have it supply a tank, and maybe try piping the gas up? I honestly have no clue if BC pipes can carry natural gas, or any other mod pipes for that matter. If you wanted to get complicated, you could maybe try using golems with it somehow, but I'm not certain they wouldn't slowly die from the gas down there.

Yes, that is what I did to get a tank filled with natural gas. What I am wondering is with Mariculture or in conjunction with another mod, is there a way to setup a machine above the "Gas Leak" block and let it mine down to get the gas. Having to manually dig down for each pocket doesn't feel like a progression of technology with in the pack.

No worries if not. I was just asking.

manevilus

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you! I wasn't sure whether composting essence and wheat seeds would be a good idea, now I feel better about it!

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you! I wasn't sure whether composting essence and wheat seeds would be a good idea, now I feel better about it!

Oh, those. Well, it's usually not a huge issue. Keep a few spare seeds laying around, maybe a stack of 10s each, and you should be good unless you want to mass produce magic seeds (why?) or petal apothecary recipes.

manevilus

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks again sir, I appreciate the help, I had to push past the boredom, since I haven't yet done the metal seeds yet, but now that I have 10' essence seeds, and am working on 10 skeleton and wheat seeds everything should go by faster.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
On the whole Mariculture natural gas thing, I found I didnt really need alot of it, filled two tanks in one pocket and havnt had a need to go back for more

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks again sir, I appreciate the help, I had to push past the boredom, since I haven't yet done the metal seeds yet, but now that I have 10' essence seeds, and am working on 10 skeleton and wheat seeds everything should go by faster.

The early growing used to be brutal, but it's gotten a lot easier with the newer versions. Without having to worry about weeds, I tend to plant my seed in the corner of a square of crops (currently my patches are 4x4) and just let them spread to the whole square while I focus on other things. There's so much to do in this pack at any one time, you can find other things to accomplish while waiting for seeds to spread! By the time I come back to them they usually mutate quite a bit and increase in stats nicely. Then, work on getting your Iron seeds and irrigation up quickly so you can spend less time waiting for seeds to grow/spread.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
On the whole Mariculture natural gas thing, I found I didnt really need alot of it, filled two tanks in one pocket and havnt had a need to go back for more

I found a gas leak on shore(Beach Biome), and took 7 tanks down and filled every one. I haven't used any of it yet, but those gas pockets have a lot. I just climbed back up, and marked the location.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question, I have tons of seeds that won't stack because they are all different stats, and jabba barrels wont take them, Is there a way to store them all together?
EDIT: Chests just aren't enough :/
The question is why are you keeping seeds? I can understand if you keep a few of them at 10/10/10. Once you have them planted on garden soil nothing destroys them. Creepers/mobs dont do damage to the soil.

Reactions: An0nymuS

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, that is what I did to get a tank filled with natural gas. What I am wondering is with Mariculture or in conjunction with another mod, is there a way to setup a machine above the "Gas Leak" block and let it mine down to get the gas. Having to manually dig down for each pocket doesn't feel like a progression of technology with in the pack.

No worries if not. I was just asking.

You could maybe try an arcane bore or maybe one of the mana lenses, but that feels like a lot of effort compared to just mining down with a stack or so of ladders.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Simple question: Is it possible to power the Buildcraft machines without doing Nether quests? Looks like a lot of the engines require actual redstone, and the Wooden one doesn't provide enough power. My Nether spawn is going to require a bit of strategizing, and so I'm trying to take care of as much as I can while I plan.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
... Then, work on getting your Iron seeds and irrigation up quickly so you can spend less time waiting for seeds to grow/spread.
This. Get those first few sprinklers up ASAP and the rest of the work becomes much more bearable. I skip the big RC water tank and just manually fill the Agricraft tanks from an infinite pool nearby.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question: Is it possible to power the Buildcraft machines without doing Nether quests? Looks like a lot of the engines require actual redstone, and the Wooden one doesn't provide enough power. My Nether spawn is going to require a bit of strategizing, and so I'm trying to take care of as much as I can while I plan.

I think the hobbyist steam engine doesn't require redstone. A few of mine are powering the BC laser, so it should work with other machines.

PaulPer_TF2

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to set up a smp server with this mod pack but i'm getting errors of incompatible fml server and mod rejections

im using minecraftpanel to host the server
with fluctis hosting

regrowError1.png

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
This. Get those first few sprinklers up ASAP and the rest of the work becomes much more bearable. I skip the big RC water tank and just manually fill the Agricraft tanks from an infinite pool nearby.
I didnt bother with either of these as my smelters/crucible cant keep up with the metals Im making.

manevilus

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question, is it intended for baby chicken zombies to spawn? I had one and proceeded to trap the chicken.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I didnt bother with either of these as my smelters/crucible cant keep up with the metals Im making.
I only use them in my breeding area, once the seeds are 10'd, sprinklers become overkill. Unless you really need a whole lot of something. :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I have a question, is it intended for baby chicken zombies to spawn? I had one and proceeded to trap the chicken.

Unless something's been tweaked, chicken-jockey chickens won't lay eggs. Your chicken is a capon. :-\

EDIT: Good for feathers and munchies, though. ;D