[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm... yes golems don't really like advanced pathing. They like to go from point a to b and not through stairs c. Point b may be a lot higher, as long as it's basicly a straight line.

Thing is though, the golem has to go up essentially the same kind of stairs to get to the crops above as it does to get to the crops below, so there's no actual straight line involved. It has to go to the stairs, go up around a corner or so, go to the crop on that floor, and go back the way it came to its home block, so it should be able to go down, too.

Also, the golem has been harvesting the problem floor now that I put him right on it, so I know it's not the plant that's the issue.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Well, with regards to my golem farm of nightmares and headaches, it would seem that an advanced golem without spectacles or water upgrades can't see the floor above (or presumably below), so I'm going to go make about a dozen straw golems and let those guys have at.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Why when I pour aluminum from a smelter to a nugget cast are they changing into aluminum ore berries lol

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Why when I pour aluminum from a smelter to a nugget cast are they changing into aluminum ore berries lol

Ore dictionary decided that oreberries would be most the appropriate species of aluminum nugget. Something to do with the ore dictionary, at least.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
He is quite the bugger. I also resorted to asking the god to make him go away. =\

I think he is supposed to be the easier Witchery boss too. If so it will take a very long time to be able to defeat many of the Witchery bosses.
He is the easier boss? Oh my gods, I dont think I'll be touch that one for a while till I figure something out. I'm thinking a well of suffering arena..

kanix

Jul 29, 2019
So i've just started getting into AE2 and realised I need to get something a bit more hefty for my power production. This is my first time with modded minecraft so im not sure if any of the mods would provide some end game power gen except from Mekanism. Would Mekanism gens be the best we can utilise from this pack?

Edit: And I just realised I could also set up some ridiculous power output with botania, may go that route unless someone has better suggestions :)

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
So i've just started getting into AE2 and realised I need to get something a bit more hefty for my power production. This is my first time with modded minecraft so im not sure if any of the mods would provide some end game power gen except from Mekanism. Would Mekanism gens be the best we can utilise from this pack?

Edit: And I just realised I could also set up some ridiculous power output with botania, may go that route unless someone has better suggestions :)
So far, I have 7 heat generators in a bath of lava. This should give 70 RF/tick. This is enough for an AE system, but struggles when I use the assembly table. I just dump in stacks of coal blocks to get some active power gen going when I use the table.

SuperKid

Jul 29, 2019
A small question, does the quest line makes you start thaumcraft or you need to start yourself? i did complete a lot of the quests and got nothing about it (didnt about blood magic too)

For now lots of botania and witchery for magic

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
So, I ran into this crash a couple times just now while playing on a server.

http://pastebin.com/RsyPR4Am

Can anyone identify the cause?

This is 0.7.4
Server has FastCraft and Opis installed
Client has FastCraft, Opis, and Optifine installed.

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
A small question, does the quest line makes you start thaumcraft or you need to start yourself? i did complete a lot of the quests and got nothing about it (didnt about blood magic too)

I believe you need to get 60 Arcanist Reputation before the book will start with the ThaumCraft quests. The Botania questline I found was the easiest to get Arcanist Rep in, although I still only managed to unlock the ThaumCraft quests after I got to Elven-tier gear.

Reactions: SuperKid

SuperKid

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! I did so many quests i was starting to get scared... and i dont want to make stuff not in the quest line, more fun this way.

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
So I've just realized the nether bees don't recognize netherwart planted on crops as a valid flower. Has anyone else found a work around for this? I'm off in search of naturally occurring netherwart in the meantime.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019

The earliest ones go off arcanist rep, think most of them also require that you've gone through the magical crops quests enough to get shards.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019

Thaumcraft quests start after you are mostly done with Botania and about halfway done with witchery.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
So far, I have 7 heat generators in a bath of lava. This should give 70 RF/tick. This is enough for an AE system, but struggles when I use the assembly table. I just dump in stacks of coal blocks to get some active power gen going when I use the table.

In this modpack, AE uses 5X as much power. 70 RF/t isn't even enough to run one crystal growth accelerator. If you plan on using a decent sized AE system, especially if you will be using a bunch of storage buses, you will need a lot of power gen. A whole lot of power gen. My last build used over 2000 RF/t and that was when the inscribers were not running. I can't remember exactly, but I think the inscribers used about 200 RF/t each, while running.

Daemonbot

Jul 29, 2019
I am having repeated issues where I can launch a world, but shortly after launching it it will close out saying that a fatal error has occured and drop me in the multiplayer screen (I am playing SP). This happens a few seconds after I open a save.

Attachments

• crash-2015-04-10_13.37.52-client.txt
    32.6 KB · Views: 65