[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
So a couple of things I've noticed in general.

First if one of the items is barely off the plate the client can think it is working (and show the animation) while the server doesn't. If you wait long enough the items will then despawn.

Second if your plate isn't correct (screen shot looks good though. As long as you have livingstone under the plate itself) once again the client will show the animation but the server isn't actually doing anything.

Lastly, if you run out of mana the process will stall and the client will keep showing the animation until the items despawn.

I don't know if any of this applies to your case though.

My setup has 9 pools feeding the plate and it takes about half of a second to make a piece of terrasteel. If it seems to take longer I pick the pieces up and place again because one of the items is probably off the plate by a pixel.

Oh, if you don't mind the look you can put an opencrate and hopper above the plate to drop items onto the plate perfectly every time. I don't do this because I think it is fugly but it would definitely be more convenient.

Huh, what I do for terrasteel is just put the three mana-items next to each other in my inventory, stand on the plate looking down, mouse over each and hit Q, and run off and let my pool handle the rest.

Edited for clarification.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Cat

Jul 29, 2019
So, something kinda weird that I noticed today...

I am on version 0.74 and I upgraded pretty recently. I reset my quest book, reset all the quests, etc. First thing I notice, is that I have 4095 deaths in every category... Kinda bizarre if you ask me, but that won't bother me very much.

Secondly, I was harvesting some crops (10-10-10 creeper essence seeds) and I started getting 5+ essence from each of them. I'm not sure why this is, and I was under the belief that max level seeds only gave 4 yields per crop. Is there something I'm missing here?

Reactions: cravenhydra78

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Son of a.. finally got up to the point where I can make and power a terrestrial plate for terrasteel in the spirit world... and suddenly remembered that it needs mana diamond. And the whole reason I was making this was so I could mine diamond. FML. Guess its back to full magic crops grind.

Reactions: cravenhydra78

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I used 10 stacks of mutandis to get the witchery plants\saplings that are obtained via that method (extra biomes has a ridiculous amount of possible mutates) this seems a little extreme to me, is that the expected usage or did I just get screwed by my favorite friend the RNGmonster?

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
a month of playing this modpack my first time playing with thaumcraft. after a week of finding to make this you need this and to get that you have to have this which you get from a thing youve never herd of and dont have the stuff for anyway; i have finally made a silverwood wand with thaumium caps. now i cant remember why i needed it in the first place.

WidjettyOne

Jul 29, 2019
I used 10 stacks of mutandis to get the witchery plants\saplings that are obtained via that method (extra biomes has a ridiculous amount of possible mutates) this seems a little extreme to me, is that the expected usage or did I just get screwed by my favorite friend the RNGmonster?
Probably the most common complaint in this thread, actually.

But you only have to do it once.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me, or do hopperhocks seem unwilling to split item entity stacks? Like, if you drop 10 items at once, and the receiving inventory only has room for 4, it won't take four out of the entity stack and leave 6.

Oh, and otherwise, my little auto-golem-hopperhock-crafty crate-ohdeargodwhywasitsohard-farm is pretty operational. The only issues I'm seeing are that I may have to beef up the power gen behind the assembly laser and that if the item entities stack weird, the hopperhocks don't want to send them to the craft crates... I might fix the latter by having an intermediary hopper, maybe.

Last edited:

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
a month of playing this modpack my first time playing with thaumcraft. after a week of finding to make this you need this and to get that you have to have this which you get from a thing youve never herd of and dont have the stuff for anyway; i have finally made a silverwood wand with thaumium caps. now i cant remember why i needed it in the first place.
Yeah wait til you try to make a brew of flowing spirit. I think that's what I was in the spirit world for, right? I am in the spirit world right? I don't know... Is this real life?

VISR3

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I've got 2 problems and can't find any solutions.

If I'm playing on my server i can't make mana pearls. Literally if i hover the ender pearl over a full mana pool no icons pop up, and nothing happens when i drop it in.
However on my test world (single player) everything works perfectly.
The server is running the exact same mods that my computer is running so don't understand why this is broken.

Also, nei keeps causing my game to crash when i look up different recipes. Not all recipes but recipes for the different magical crops causes a crash among other things.
I have tried changing the version of nei with nothing working.

Any insights anyone might have would be amazing. Thanks.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I've got 2 problems and can't find any solutions.

If I'm playing on my server i can't make mana pearls. Literally if i hover the ender pearl over a full mana pool no icons pop up, and nothing happens when i drop it in.
However on my test world (single player) everything works perfectly.
The server is running the exact same mods that my computer is running so don't understand why this is broken.

Also, nei keeps causing my game to crash when i look up different recipes. Not all recipes but recipes for the different magical crops causes a crash among other things.
I have tried changing the version of nei with nothing working.

Any insights anyone might have would be amazing. Thanks.
make sure it's not a diluted mana pool. those may not give you the option.

the NEI thing is a known issue I think. Only workaround is to completely close the client and reopen it any time you log off / quit to menu.

VISR3

Jul 29, 2019
make sure it's not a diluted mana pool. those may not give you the option.

the NEI thing is a known issue I think. Only workaround is to completely close the client and reopen it any time you log off / quit to menu.

Thanks for the suggestions. it is a proper mana pool and i have even cheated in a creative pool on the server and that had the same problem so its not a in game problem so to speak. Not sure what problem could cause it only on the server side and not the client side....

As for nei, that solved most of my issues thanks however funnily enough the recipe for mana pearl still crashes my game haha. So everything to do with creating mana pearls are broken on my server...... wether thats looking up the recipe or actually making it.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Will do
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Sorry :(

Time: 4/9/15 3:46 PM
Description: Ticking memory connection

java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking memory connection
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLProxyPacket.func_148833_a(FMLProxyPacket.java:101)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLProxyPacket.func_148833_a(FMLProxyPacket.java:101)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)

-- Ticking connection --
Details:
Connection: net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager@381fb27a
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 8.1 (amd64) version 6.3
Java Version: 1.7.0_67, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 1380185032 bytes (1316 MB) / 2301624320 bytes (2195 MB) up to 3817865216 bytes (3641 MB)
JVM Flags: 4 total; -Xms256M -Xmx4096M -XX:permSize=256m -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 1, tallocated: 37
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.85.1291 Minecraft Forge 10.13.2.1291 100 mods loaded, 100 mods active
Welp, it doesn't seem to be the world with the issue, at least it doesn't look like it. Have you done the usual backup/redownload/reinstall of the pack and launcher?

mgla

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone figured out how to unlock more than the first three thaumcraft quests (Cauldron, Wand, Thaumometer)? I have toyed around quite a bit, but I am still not sure. The questbook shows a 23% completion rate.

MissEmai

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys.. I have been playing for a while with a friend.
I have discovered a problem ever since I completed the Botania quest to get the Elven Knowledge.
Ever since doing this, every time I open my Lexica Botania and click on an entry, my game crashes and I have to relaunch.

Anyone else had this issue and if so, how to fix it?
(side note - my friend doesn't have this problem)

mgla

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys.. I have been playing for a while with a friend.
I have discovered a problem ever since I completed the Botania quest to get the Elven Knowledge.
Ever since doing this, every time I open my Lexica Botania and click on an entry, my game crashes and I have to relaunch.

Anyone else had this issue and if so, how to fix it?
(side note - my friend doesn't have this problem)
See the FAQ: "This is because Enchiridion 2 expects the original Lexica Botania to be opened prior to the Alfheim Edition. Craft a plain Lexica Botania first and open it prior to using your Alfheim Edition."

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I just went through and reorganized my essentia storage. I'm really happy with the way it all looks and thought I would share :)

2015-04-11_07.37.28.png

MissEmai

Jul 29, 2019
See the FAQ: "This is because Enchiridion 2 expects the original Lexica Botania to be opened prior to the Alfheim Edition. Craft a plain Lexica Botania first and open it prior to using your Alfheim Edition."

So if that is the case, why does the other person playing with me not crash as well?