[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

dragon98man

Jul 29, 2019
I have finally made it into thaumcraft and got the research to make golems, but everytime I create a golem(so far I've made straw and wood), it goes into my inventory, disappears, then crashes me to my desktop. When I restart and try to move the golem to a chest, I crash. I have to creatively delete it from my inventory. Anyone else have this problem?

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know why my life imbuer set on top of a zombie spawner in a chunkloaded chunk isn't working to spawn zombies? Plenty of mana in the spreader but its not sending anything into the imbuer.
Edit: Seems the imbuer is working as I am using a ton of mana, however, my hopperhock either isn't picking up items when I'm not around or my golem killing them isn't dropping items. Either way, pretty weird that it isn't working as intended.
Edit 2: Think I figured out the problem, what was going wrong, but still unsure as to the why it wasn't working properly. I've added an extra step in that my hopperhock is now putting into a vanilla chest, filtered for heads, brains, and flesh, which is then piped into my bound chest. It seems that the hopperhock doesn't want to put into a bound chest when a player is not in the area, no idea why. Only tested this while filtered so maybe if unfiltered it's fine, but since I have an endoflame farm right above this, filters are very much needed.

Last edited:

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Flint for easy instrumentum, concrete for faster travel and a very nice road for my city, and cobblestone structure pipes which are required for the pipe plugs.
Thanks, I guess Ill just make another storage for junk until thaumcraft then. This pack seems to rely on storage until you meet x,y, or z.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I guess Ill just make another storage for junk until thaumcraft then. This pack seems to rely on storage until you meet x,y, or z.
Haha, just a bit. I have 3 double gold chests with separate reasons: junk, farming not in barrels, and building blocks, as well as copper/gold double chests for each mod. There's a reason there's a whole questline involving getting the different storage options. :p

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Fluid transport.. any methods other than BC/Mekanism pipes? I've never used Railcraft, but it looks like there's fluid loader/unloaders and a tank cart, which might be cooler than pipes. I'd like to setup some fluid creation crucible furnaces and supply things around the base, but running pipes all over isn't inspiring me.. :)

Railcraft works if you want toy trains. I have used liquid tankers multiple times in the past. The trickiest part is scheduling (though you could just make it continuous.) Last time I set something of the sort up I had a dawn and dusk schedule (using daylight sensor) with the train held aside from those times. But I was using charcoal burning engines rather than the booster tracks for my power, so the scheduling was for an economic reason.

When given a choice of basic versus advanced loader/unloaders, advanced are better since they make track configuration easier (along with some better configuration of the process part also, sometimes.)

There isn't a lot of recent advice/examples of setting it up, but the older stuff remains mostly accurate.

Reactions: rivvest

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got all the pictures from my base together, so here you guys go, as requested.

Interesting setup. I don't use stairs in my multi-level base. I went with arcane levitators. After playing with them a bit I have decided I like them. They also have potential as up elevators for items.

In theory dafomills could blow essences over onto an arcane elevator shaft that would move multiple floors of essences up to a single collection point. Pure theory at this point.

My experience with golems is tiny. I do have one doing sapling collection from my semi-automated single 2x2 fir tree farm. He's mainly there to grab the saplings outside the hopperhock range that tend to spawn additional (and unwanted) firs. So far he's done his job well, aside from one glitch where he dropped down a floor. Had to manually move him back up to the roof.

My farming is still 95% on my starting research base, but you're inspiring me to move it into a greenhouse/tower of some sort. I'll probably do small mixed farms though, since I already have a decent amount of resources, and a steady stream of automated 10-10 seeds will produce more than I can use from a crop or two of each. Bigger plots are really only needed, IMO, for the seed-breeding program. And maybe have one or two for some burst production for specific projects (like a lot of earth essence for intense terraforming.)

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Also brownstone for faster travel and roads. Put gravel in a casting basin and pour tin over it.

This reminds me... I don't think there is an essence recipe for gravel. Shouldn't there be? I think the only way to "make" it comes late with Mekanism.

I mean, we have multiple ways to make sand... and dirt.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
More or less. I'm honestly surprised at how that guy whose name is on the previous page missed the nether essence and seed quests if he's already been to the nether. Likely didn't give it a good read-through like he shoulda before asking on here.

You can cast a nether portal using lava, then as long as you have iron to light it up you're off to the nether. Bypasses some quests though, unless you are doing ALL the quests in all the chapters as you go. (In which case, you'd just make obsidian in the vat and place that...)

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
This reminds me... I don't think there is an essence recipe for gravel. Shouldn't there be? I think the only way to "make" it comes late with Mekanism.

I mean, we have multiple ways to make sand... and dirt.
There wasn't but there is now. 5 earth essence in an "x" pattern.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I have, but its a bit hard to sift through 400 pages one page at a time.

All I can figure is getting nether essence is a quest reward at some point, but none of the quests I have finished so far have led me to that. Above that, I am tying to get redstone so I can have an easier time with Botania. The need for obsidian has also been troublesome, though I have already been to the nether without gathering any.

If you follow the questbook it tells you how to make obsidian - IE the VAT!

deadwolfdusk

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if anyone's been having this same issue... But...

I use the server build to run my Regrowth world on the same computer I use to run the client, so that time progresses in the world to spread seeds and such without me having to be actually in the game, like when I'm at work. A couple of times now, though, I've been playing actively and when I use NEI to pull up a recipe for specific seeds, like Gold Seeds and Fire Seeds, my client crashes. I mention these seeds specifically because I had looked these up when the crash occurred. The server continues to run without any issues. Both client and server are at 0.7.4. I will see if I can replicate the crash and either update this post or do a follow-up with the crash logs from the FTB console.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
The number of crashes has increased in 0.7.4 Im not sure why the NEI has decided to do it. Its not always the same recipe that crashes. Eg I was looking up mushroom spores and it crashed. When I went back to look it up again it didnt crash. I look up Botania recipes and sometimes they crash other times they dont. Its just the pack is in Alpha and it will find problems as the build keep changing. I dont rely on anything being stable yet unless the pack is released as a final product.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, have either of you crashed after leaving your world and then re-entering without completely exiting minecraft clientside?

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, have either of you crashed after leaving your world and then re-entering without completely exiting minecraft clientside?
When I crash I always close FTB all the way out and if I find I am still crashing I close down the computer and restart with clean java