[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm still playing on .65 and I just did a ton of work to get an Alchemy Catalyst for my mana pool JUST so I could get slimeballs. But when I throw a cactus in nothing happens. Was this a bug in .65? Is the recipe disabled on purpose? Anyone?

edit; is this because the cactus you get from agri has metadata?
Recipe isn't disabled. Place your cactus on sand, not on crop sticks, and then pick it back up. All cactus from crop sticks in 0.6.5 returned cactus with a metadata on it, which doesn't work in the recipes. All cactus will go to whatever stacks are open in inventories, not including jabba barrels for whatever reason, meaning if you have metadata cactus in your inventory and then try to pick up a clean one, the clean one will go to the metadata stack and you have to do it again. If you have a clean one starting a stack in your inventory, all cactus that goes in that stack will become your regular cactus.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of redcrystal, do you have a decent setup to automate endoflames? I made a good enough one for right now, but I end up with a hole in the ground that I'd like to avoid. This is the basic one I have atm (it's not hooked up to a bspace yet, I want to see if I can fix the whole hole in the ground part first.) http://imgur.com/CVCyrD9
Have you tried doing a double inversion of the signal? Invert it once underground, then place a torch on top of the block it's sitting on.
2015-04-05_23.19.50.png
The redstone can be activated from above by your pressure plate.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Would someone please help me with this, when i try and launch regrowth it pauses for a few seconds then the whole of FTB closes, i've tried updating java and FTB and i even made sure my vanilla minecraft was up to date, and the same thing keeps happening, any advice would be welcome, thank you

That looks like an error that I had a few months ago, and switching to the 32-bit version of Java did the trick.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Well, fudge buckets... lost my world to an Ent. Holy crap those things are brutal. I wouldn't think they could attack me in a 2x1 corridor.

TheGoldCrayon

Jul 29, 2019
I
10470955_10206527210165990_8953847770714300936_n.jpg

I need help with what this is. the mob semi-transparent when close to the floating black thing but darkens in colour as it gets further away. It chased me to my island but seemed to turn back when it was too far from the floaty thing, getting lighter as it travelled away. I can't find anything on the mob or the structure so can I get some help please?
It's an Eldritch Guardian from Thaumcraft. See the Obsidian-like Obelisk/Pillars in the background? It spawns in the general area of those.

deadwolfdusk

Jul 29, 2019
By the time you get them, you hardly need to bonemeal or fertilize anything.

You didn't quite understand what I was implying, so allow me to clarify. It won't work on any of the crops from Magical Crops, because bonemeal doesn't work on them. Both the food-yielding and essence-yielding ones.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
You didn't quite understand what I was implying, so allow me to clarify. It won't work on any of the crops from Magical Crops, because bonemeal doesn't work on them. Both the food-yielding and essence-yielding ones.

Have you tried using the Magical Fertilizer from that modpack? There is a quest that pops up that requires you to make some, but it looks like a glowy swirl in the NEI.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

I agree with you a 100% I don't understand why that would be changed in the first place. If there is not an option to change that, I would have to downgrade that one.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with you a 100% I don't understand why that would be changed in the first place. If there is not an option to change that, I would have to downgrade that one.

I'm assuming that it would be changed to preserve the balance of other mods. The magic crops essence plants needing magic fertilizer is one thing, and I seem to recall that silverwoods and greatwoods used to not respond to bonemeal.

wylker

Jul 29, 2019
So I just spent an hour upgrading from .65 to .73 god I hope it was worth it.

In the mean time here's another episode of my LP:
I'll still be on .65 until episode 16 or 17 though.

WidjettyOne

Jul 29, 2019
I used something similar to power my Alfheim portal. I didn't know how much mana it took to keep it open, so I did this:
My portal above ground...
n1rVGFG.png

AAAAND what it looks like below ground...
fYB0ci0.png

That's actually 40 hydroangeas spread across "two stacks". Each stack is 6 wide, 5 deep and 5 tall with a mana spreader centered in the top layer pointing directly up at a mana pool. Before the Botania updates that massively jacked up the mana generation of all of the flowers, this thing was filling a mana pool in a few minutes, now it generates stupid excess mana. I had no idea how much mana you needed to keep the portal open since the only tutorial i saw had this guy with a dual stack of thermalilies on each side feeding into 4 spreaders.

Honestly, the mana gen in Botania is way too easy. If you think about it, with a bit of shovel work, you can fit something like 160 hydroangeas into a single minecraft 16x16 chunk and only have it stacked 5 tall. I believe mana spreader range is something like 6 tiles, so you could probably fit nearly 200 or so into that volume. It's not that insane once you realize it's possible to automate the creation of hydroangeas :eek:

Where are you putting the water? I can imagine a similar layer behind with water source blocks instead of hydroangeas, but they wouldn't be self-replenishing if they were in that sort of chequerboard pattern, and you'd wash the hydroangeas away if they weren't in a chequerboard pattern.

At the moment, I'm building up something similar, which is a chequerboard pattern from above, of hyroangeas, water and dirt. Each of them is a vertical column, where I use floating hydroangeas so that I can have them every layer. The water is then self-replenishing because there are blocks at the ends of the column. I can post a pic when I've got the first layer done.

EDIT: Ugh, I never realised that water source blocks are only created if there are two source blocks on the same horizontal plane - I always assumed it was two blocks in any direction. I suppose I've never needed to know before until I was playing with hydroangeas.

I suppose I'll go with the arrangement described at http://www.reddit.com/r/TestPackPleaseIgnore/comments/24hb23/good_botania_managen_setup/ instead. I'd still like to know how yours works though.

Last edited:

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019
So this anecdote is rather unfortunate; please learn from my fail.

I was testing out the /give command with witchery items and I fat fingered a data value. I executed /give (me) 5164 1 19.

This resulted in a game crash and every time I loaded up my world it immediately crashed again.

Luckily I have backups of my regrowth world and I restored a backup that was only a day and a half old, so I didn't lose all that much.

I didn't think to get the error message before posting here.

Anyways, don't give yourself 5164 1 19 !!!

Zarifeke

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming that it would be changed to preserve the balance of other mods. The magic crops essence plants needing magic fertilizer is one thing, and I seem to recall that silverwoods and greatwoods used to not respond to bonemeal.

If you guys are talking about the newest botania update change to agricarnations, I actually updated botania myself and tested this in a test world. Put down about 20 agricarnations next to some diamond magic crops, and it absolutely sped their growth up like crazy.

I thik that change is involving some entirely different bug where agricarnations were wasting all their mana on some plant thing that doesn't need to be bonemealed but the agricarnations were trying anyway.

Reactions: Trisscar

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
I like the pack, but the RNG factor is driving me insane. I have large stocks of all kinds of materials, but cannot progress because no matter how much mutandis I spend, I cannot seem to get a single mushroom. It's flowers, flowers and then flowers again. Some RNG is nice, but I think it's a bit over the top in this one. There are simply so many arbitrary roadblocks caused by bad luck. I have no problem with having to try several times to get the right crossbreed, because at least I have options to increase the chance (i.e. planting lots of them until one results in the right breed), but right now I am doing nothing but bonemeal the mandrake, craft mutandis, use mutandis, start again.

Warplord

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with the post above. It's insane. I am stuck with not a single witchery item and I get tons and tons of flowers that are completely useless. And mutandis is a pain to make....

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of redcrystal, do you have a decent setup to automate endoflames? I made a good enough one for right now, but I end up with a hole in the ground that I'd like to avoid. This is the basic one I have atm (it's not hooked up to a bspace yet, I want to see if I can fix the whole hole in the ground part first.) http://imgur.com/CVCyrD9

Hmm... you could probably avoid the hole with a couple of well placed resonating redcrystal.