[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
I do it all the time, I've set up a proper Forest biome complete with trees which bleeds out to Taiga. A big pocket of Magical forest with all the Silverwood trees and now a Swampland circle with Jungle and Willow trees, mainly for my new foray into Forestry Bees cause I want bigger packs :D

I just wish I had a mod that could make mountains.... or even a few hills

Witchery can make a volcano. Does that count?

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
@wylker Small annoyance but with Alpha/Beta packs will you make sure you put which version you are using on your lets play videos. Regrowth has changed quite a bit from the initial pack and when people search for regrowth your video could be out of date. Its annoying to watch a video that was made in an early version that recipes change for and you have no clue why your recipe doesnt work when the videos did.
Stop screaming!!!

Reactions: JazParks

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE:so i updated to .7.3 and tryed opening a new world so Good news and bad news i guess Good News i should be able to play on the server i donated for Bad news my world ive been working on forever is broke :I

Explain please? What makes you think it's broken forever?

Does anyone know how to make the oblivion jar? It says it requires warded glass, but there's no way to get warded glass that I can see.

Warded glass is made with the Wand Focus of Warding, it's in the Thaumonomicon. ;)

Edit; Argh, Warding focus, not ET, my bad.
Edit 2: The block itself is a different thing that you need Warded Door research to create. Apparently my brain is asleep at the wheel still.

Last edited:

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019

Warded glass is made with the Wand Focus of Equal Trade, it's in the Thaumonomicon. ;)
Can you point me to the right spot in the Thaumonomicon? I've looked and can't find it. And since you can't ward glass, I don't think its a matter of just using the equal trade focus to swap the glass out.

Edit: just found where it was hiding and it doesn't use the equal trade. Its a sub section of the warded arcana (the door) research.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
And now for the non-reply post.

Wait, you can use wooden engines to operate emerald pipes? Odd, I tried that for my sorting setup I posted a bit ago, it wouldn't activate for me. I did have it attached to a Jabba barrel though, so maybe that's why?....

WARNING FOR THOSE TRYING TO MAX OUT THEIR INFUSION ALTAR!! Don't use Botania Floating flowers unless you want to drastically drop your fps, or you have some way to turn off their animation. XD

Random curiosity, now that you need a redstone signal for the basic air pump. Do redstone torches happen to set off the gas in a firey explosion?

Reactions: Draconicrose

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Can you point me to the right spot in the Thaumonomicon? I've looked and can't find it. And since you can't ward glass, I don't think its a matter of just using the equal trade focus to swap the glass out.

Wait..... Crap, I kinda just woke up from a nap, the hell am I talking about. XD
Sorry, it's not Equal Trade, it's quite literally called Focus of Warding. I haven't ended up having to use it, so I don't have a great deal of info on how it works myself, but here's the wiki page. Sorry again for the confusion. XD

http://ftbwiki.org/Wand_Focus:_Warding

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
And now for the non-reply post.

Wait, you can use wooden engines to operate emerald pipes? Odd, I tried that for my sorting setup I posted a bit ago, it wouldn't activate for me. I did have it attached to a Jabba barrel though, so maybe that's why?....

WARNING FOR THOSE TRYING TO MAX OUT THEIR INFUSION ALTAR!! Don't use Botania Floating flowers unless you want to drastically drop your fps, or you have some way to turn off their animation. XD

Random curiosity, now that you need a redstone signal for the basic air pump. Do redstone torches happen to set off the gas in a firey explosion?
If you're going for a nature look, maybe the shimmering mushrooms from botania? And emerald pipes are extraction pipes, so it likely didn't know where to send. An extra pipe should fix that.

wylker

Jul 29, 2019
@wylker Small annoyance but with Alpha/Beta packs will you make sure you put which version you are using on your lets play videos. Regrowth has changed quite a bit from the initial pack and when people search for regrowth your video could be out of date. Its annoying to watch a video that was made in an early version that recipes change for and you have no clue why your recipe doesnt work when the videos did.

That's a mighty fine idea. I was actually planning on updating but I've read a lot of people having problems with their quest books / worlds after updating from .65 to .7x so I've decided not to update until I'm at least done with the video series. I'll see about sticking version numbers in there somewhere.

Reactions: JustHeyo

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Wait..... Crap, I kinda just woke up from a nap, the hell am I talking about. XD
Sorry, it's not Equal Trade, it's quite literally called Focus of Warding. I haven't ended up having to use it, so I don't have a great deal of info on how it works myself, but here's the wiki page. Sorry again for the confusion. XD

http://ftbwiki.org/Wand_Focus:_Warding
Its actually changed :( Its now an actual crafting step you have to do to get warded glass. You can't use the focus on it.

Now I have another issue, how do you unlock the glyphs for the thirsty tank from automagy? I want to see what all they can do ( from the screenshots it looks like they may have some capability to milk cows but I can't say for sure)

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
This is my first time trying to use blood magic. My one death so far was a misclick trying for Magician's orb. Killed myself. :)

Can anyone tell me how far from altar I can be when killing things (other than myself!)? I'm trying to figure out how to use the space inside my pyramid effectively to feed things to my sacrificial dagger and don't really want to have the mechanics or caging visible from outside. Pyramid is one large open space inside. Don't care if that's a bit cluttered/kludgy.

Scratching my head over options for moving and positioning chickens/pigs/cows/zombies for sacrifice too. Worst case I can probably do a water elevator inside pyramid, but something more compact would be nice.

Some screenies to show progress:

Walkway from main base area over to Thaumcraft area:
Xfhr9gQ.png

I haven't done any decorating in main base area yet, dropped a few machines, but mostly open space.

Thaumcraft infusion altar area:
CSTEs6g.png

Upstairs Thaumcraft work area:
cdoBQNR.png

Ocean Base at Susnset, looking out over the hydros (100 total now):
G1zSUHN.png

View to north. That's the blood altar pyramid behind the jungle trees. Hard to get good shots of that.
QmnBGDx.png

Cat gate of the pyramid:
TlKWWXQ.png

Looking out over the cat gate of the pyramid from in front of the blood altar back towards the ocean base:
HLXBmLa.png

Better view of pyramid from the north, that's the dog gate. The stone is abyssal brought up from the ocean floor. Black on black is a bit bad for seeing detail.

zqP79pP.png

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
This is my first time trying to use blood magic. My one death so far was a misclick trying for Magician's orb. Killed myself. :)

Can anyone tell me how far from altar I can be when killing things (other than myself!)? I'm trying to figure out how to use the space inside my pyramid effectively to feed things to my sacrificial dagger and don't really want to have the mechanics or caging visible from outside. Pyramid is one large open space inside. Don't care if that's a bit cluttered/kludgy.

Scratching my head over options for moving and positioning chickens/pigs/cows/zombies for sacrifice too. Worst case I can probably do a water elevator inside pyramid, but something more compact would be nice.

Xfhr9gQ.png

I haven't done any decorating in main base area yet, dropped a few machines, but mostly open space.

CSTEs6g.png

cdoBQNR.png

G1zSUHN.png

View to north. That's the blood altar pyramid behind the jungle trees. Hard to get good shots of that.
QmnBGDx.png

Cat gate of the pyramid:
TlKWWXQ.png

Looking out over the cat gate of the pyramid from in front of the blood altar back towards the ocean base:
HLXBmLa.png

Better view of pyramid from the north, that's the dog gate. The stone is abyssal brought up from the ocean floor. Black on black is a bit bad for seeing detail.

zqP79pP.png
wow thats real purdy im real jealous of that, yours makes mine look like a mudhut

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019

Xfhr9gQ.png

CSTEs6g.png

cdoBQNR.png

G1zSUHN.png

QmnBGDx.png

Cat gate of the pyramid:
TlKWWXQ.png

HLXBmLa.png

zqP79pP.png
From my experience, killing things with the dagger has an extremely short range. I think I had to get them onto the 2nd or 3rd tier of altar to be in range. This is only temporary though, as the Well of Suffering will kill all things in an area and you can just put a spawner underneath your altar for that. Well of Suffering was designed to go underneath the t5 altar and be hidden iirc.

jpm42

Jul 29, 2019

Warded glass is made with the Wand Focus of Warding, it's in the Thaumonomicon. ;)

Edit; Argh, Warding focus, not ET, my bad.
Edit 2: The block itself is a different thing that you need Warded Door research to create. Apparently my brain is asleep at the wheel still.
No i mean ive been working on it for a while and i think its broke because only opening that world is what was crashing me

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
From my experience, killing things with the dagger has an extremely short range. I think I had to get them onto the 2nd or 3rd tier of altar to be in range. This is only temporary though, as the Well of Suffering will kill all things in an area and you can just put a spawner underneath your altar for that. Well of Suffering was designed to go underneath the t5 altar and be hidden iirc.

I knew about Well of Suffering from reading this thread. But can't get that until I can get to next tier. I THINK I might be able to make Magician's Orb with bleeding myself if I have a good regen potion or Botania amulet imbued with same. Did make an amulet but have not gotten around to trying again so far. That gold block soaks the life points very fast.

Which was why I was wondering if I could find a way to sacrifice other things in quantity as the LP output is higher for that.

I think I may reconfigure with self sacrifice runes for now, then replace them with the others once I get past this challenge.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
I knew about Well of Suffering from reading this thread. But can't get that until I can get to next tier. I THINK I might be able to make Magician's Orb with bleeding myself if I have a good regen potion or Botania amulet imbued with same. Did make an amulet but have not gotten around to trying again so far. That gold block soaks the life points very fast.

Which was why I was wondering if I could find a way to sacrifice other things in quantity as the LP output is higher for that.

I think I may reconfigure with self sacrifice runes for now, then replace them with the others once I get past this challenge.
By the way, you can siphon the blood out into a tank until you have how much you need since that's your problem. Then just reverse the flow when you need it.

Hexterity

Jul 29, 2019
I updated to 0.7.3 today and started playing on a 2 player server (mostly alone). I'm getting a lot of crashes when looking up recipes in NEI and I was wondering if there's anything I could do to reduce those crashes? In my singleplayer world I didn't have crashes while looking up recipes but it I was also running 0.7.2 so I'm not sure if it's the newest version or playing on a server that's causing the problems. If it's helpful I can submit crash reports.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I updated to 0.7.3 today and started playing on a 2 player server (mostly alone). I'm getting a lot of crashes when looking up recipes in NEI and I was wondering if there's anything I could do to reduce those crashes? In my singleplayer world I didn't have crashes while looking up recipes but it I was also running 0.7.2 so I'm not sure if it's the newest version or playing on a server that's causing the problems. If it's helpful I can submit crash reports.

NEI crashes are discussed in the FAQ I believe. It's a common issue that's also been all over the place lately.